• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zom

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought the OnePlus Nord and it has 12gb of ram, biggest and most powerful phone I ever had in my life.
So ERA, recomend me your favorite mobile games, except gacha ones because I'm already playing one lol.

Ossom

Oct 31, 2017
I recently streamed Doom Eternal through Microsoft's cloud service and that was pretty cool. I'm there is some other really good stuff on there if you were interested in cloud gaming.

As for stuff for mobile, Monument Valley is nice, but won't really show off the tech in your phone. People seem to like the Asphalt racing games.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
What kind of games do you like? I'd recommend Star Traders: Frontiers if you like space games.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
There are obvious gacha elements within it, but Brawl Stars is one of the best multiplayer games of the last 3/4 years, all platforms included. It's 60fps on higher-end phones.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Part Time UFO
It's a crane game (UFO catcher in Japan) style game by HAL Laboratories, makers of Kirby. It's very charming and perfect for short stints.

Battlechasers Nightwar
A turn based RPG, the same game as on consoles and PC. I've not played much, but it looks fully featured and beautiful to boot.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
I have a high end phone that's actually about as good as I ever would have expected control wise for touchscreen gaming (Xperia 5 II, the super tall screen means you can use the sides for touch controls and still have a lot of visible display)... but still haven't found a game that didn't piss me off in the first 10 minutes with F2P Gacha elements, aside from extremely simple games that would run on a potato like Monument Valley.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Genshin Impact!
Amazing that a mobile game can run this well and look this good.
It's like Zelda BotW but with more anime and gacha.
It's also free and supports crossplay with pc I think. PS4 not so sure.
Gameplay is quiet fun. I played about 20 hours or so then fell off a bit. Never felt the need to invest cash to enjoy the game.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Get a Bluetooth / USB-C gamepad, dump some roms and get some emulators. Emulators are the best mobile games. No microtransactions or lootboxes!

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
League of Legends Wild Rift, seriously.
Assuming OP isn't in the USA* because it's still not out here yet.

Call of Duty Mobile is surprisingly good, if that's your kind of thing. The World Ends With You has a decent mobile port on the Play Store, too. Mario Kart is fun, also.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
maxresdefault.jpg

Don't listen to the haters!! Best mobile game and almost the best Mario Kart game.

Combo system is absolutely wild!! I've played this every day since launch in September 2019.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017

Made by some of the devs that made Journey. It's free and you can play with your friends till the end of the game. There are some side stuff you can do and discover hidden things on your own. You can switch to performance mode to play in 60fps in the settings for a smoother experience as well.

I highly recommend this game if you wanna see some pretty amazing graphics on your phone.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh, OP, I completely forgot to mention: Soda Dungeon is super good and super addicting. Very straightforward game with surprising depth. Works almost like an idle/autoclicker game but there's definitely minmaxing involved, too. All in all, it's a super great game.

Muse Dash is a fun rhythm game with an anime aesthetic, if that's something you're into as well.

I know you said no gacha so feel free to ignore this one, but Fire Emblem's mobile game plays like a simplified version of the mainline games.

Oh, and you can't go wrong with Bloons TD.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Genshin Impact!
Amazing that a mobile game can run this well and look this good.
Wtf? Game runs like garbage even on lowest settings. It also turns your phone into a volcano. The controls are so bad as well with no customization options at all.

What type of device are you playing on?

Galaxy S9 here.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Wtf? Game runs like garbage even on lowest settings. It also turns your phone into a volcano. The controls are so bad as well with no customization options at all.

Galaxy S9 here.
Pixel5, No issues. Runs well for me

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

Made by some of the devs that made Journey. It's free and you can play with your friends till the end of the game. There are some side stuff you can do and discover hidden things on your own. You can switch to performance mode to play in 60fps in the settings for a smoother experience as well.

I highly recommend this game if you wanna see some pretty amazing graphics on your phone.

I second this game. It runs incredible as well. The controls take some getting used to tho, but they are simple enough. This game is magical and a great game to play right before bed while you are comfy. :'3

a glitch

Dec 12, 2018
Danmaku Unlimited 3: Fantastic shoot-em-up that is worth trying if you have any interest whatsoever in blowing shit up.

Alto's Adventure + Odyssey: Endless runners where you control a snowboarder. Seems chill at first but some of the missions they give you can be pretty evil.

Punch Quest: Endless runner where you punch things for money and use said money to buy upgrades, hats and beards.

Super Hexagon: I'm not sure if this counts as an endless runner, but it's worth a try either way. Perfect pick-up-and-play game, If people see you play this well they will think you are incredibly sad or some kind of wizard.

Zen Pinball: I'm pretty sure this is the pinball app with the most tables available. IIRC there's an original table that you can play for free and then a ridiculous amount of extra tables available to buy, including ones based off third party IPs like Star Wars, Marvel, Simpsons, Portal and many more.

Turn based shooter. Quick, short, sweet.

Seconding what Jaypah said, this looks cool and I'm downloading it now. Thanks for the suggestion!

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
GameDevStoryHeader-820x461.jpg

Every phone should have this purchased, installed and played at least once, even on a powerful phone..

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017

This does look awesome, didn't realize it was a thing. Installed.

Galaxy S9 here.

Runs like butter for me, even in 60FPS mode. Sony Xperia 5 II. I just don't like gacha games.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Welcome to the OnePlus gang!

I have the 7T and I love that thing.

Pascal's Wager is pretty rad, it's a Souls game on your phone!

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Pixel5, No issues. Runs well for me

Runs like butter for me, even in 60FPS mode. Sony Xperia 5 II. I just don't like gacha games.
Ok.... Anyone here who has a phone that didnt come out like yesterday try this game on mobile?

lmfaoooo

Dang yall make me feel poor. Them phones just dropped like hours ago XD. Is the S9 just garbo now? I remember when I was at the top with my galaxy... That lasted like... 4 days.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Ok.... Anyone here who has a phone that didnt come out like yesterday try this game on mobile?

lmfaoooo

Dang yall make me feel poor. Them phones just dropped like hours ago XD. Is the S9 just garbo now? I remember when I was at the top with my galaxy... That lasted like... 4 days.
Ran fine on my Pixel 3a, the S9 runs hot at the drop of a hat though

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Damn, this looks dope. Not the OP but thanks for the suggestion 💪🏿

Seconding what Jaypah said, this looks cool and I'm downloading it now. Thanks for the suggestion!

Nice, enjoy! I don't really play stuff on mobile for long, but this one I come back to daily, even if I unlocked everything already. Can't wait for the dev's next game, I talked with him a bit on twitter and he's a chill guy!

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Got an S10+ myself, would like recommendations on free games that I can open and play whenever I have 5 or 10 mins available for example. Nothing too demanding time wise.

OP
OP
Zom

Zom

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, a lot of great suggestions, will search everything later today ✨

DiNS88

Nov 22, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
Jetpack Joyride. It's an oldie, but worth it if you haven't played it yet. Just grabs you 'til the end.

Sorcery, if you like text-based RPG. It's divided in 3 parts and has an excellent branching narrative, with plenty of possibilities and replayability.

The Kingdom Rush series contains some gems in the tower defense genre.

Right now I'm playing Chuchel, by Amanita Design. One of my fav devs out there, their point and click output is really solid and translates very well to mobile (it's best with bigger screens).

And keep an eye out for Slay the Spire, one of the best games ever, which should release this year on android devices.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Oh just started it, didn't do anything with the settings. I assume it's on the low end. I came from a pixel2 so there was an improvement. It's very much playable for me

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Mario Kart is actually pretty great, especially now that you can play in horizontal mode. I haven't spent a cent and I have plenty of characters. Also:

- Horizon Chase
- Tower Fortress
- Battle of Polytopia
- Kingdom Rush series
- Asphalt 8 or 9
- Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
- Sky Force R.
- Oddmar
- Reckless Racing series
- Dead Cells
- Castlevania SotN
- Rush Rally 3
- Swordigo
- GRID Autosport
- XCOM Enemy Within
- Falling Lightblocks
- Shadowgun Legends
- Pascal's Wager
- Teslagrad
- Sonic Runners Adventure

OP
OP
Zom

Zom

Oct 25, 2017
And keep an eye out for Slay the Spire, one of the best games ever, which should release this year on android devices.
Oooohhh i almost buy it in the steam winter sale, good to know it's coming to mobile, I can see myself playing it in short bursts.

a glitch

Dec 12, 2018
Does the game play well with touch controls? it's a concern for me.

Haven't tried it myself but FWIW when I asked Reddit the same question a few years ago most commenters said it works fine on a phone.

The thing to watch out for is that there's a version for phones and a version for tablets, and as far as I know you have to pay for each one individually.

Red XIII

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NY
Haven't tried it myself but FWIW when I asked Reddit the same question a few years ago most commenters said it works fine on a phone.

The thing to watch out for is that there's a version for phones and a version for tablets, and as far as I know you have to pay for each one individually.

Wow that's SE for you.