• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish you could experience Superhot VR. Is there motion controllers you can pair to something like that separately.

OP
OP

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Bumping this because a friend of mine is offering to sell me his Samsung HMD Odyssey headset; am I correct in assuming this is a quantum leap forward and an easy decision to upgrade? It'll come with the controllers too so I will be able to punch people in the nuts in Superhot VR

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bumping this because a friend of mine is offering to sell me his Samsung HMD Odyssey headset; am I correct in assuming this is a quantum leap forward and an easy decision to upgrade? It'll come with the controllers too so I will be able to punch people in the nuts in Superhot VR

I haven't tried the Samsung Odyssey, but it is apparently a great VR headset.

Oct 26, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA

Yes get that, I just got a WMR acer here for super cheap and it is miles and miles better than the Walmart headset.

JUNGLEGAMER

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 3, 2019
hi hello

I bought this (now expired) deal for a VR-Tek VR headset with a 20$ Steam card for 45$ here: https://slickdeals.net/f/12879139-v...ift-card-29-99-44-99-fs?src=SiteSearchV2Algo1

It's now here, and besides a few lingering issues (and a hell of a lot of motion blur when I move around) I think this thing is actually usable

So tell me some stuff to try/buy with this Steam card so I can fall into VR hell
Be careful so your eyes don't became like the creature on your avatar!

cakefoo

Nov 2, 2017
I will freely admit I didn't like that I couldn't move my head forward in the Walmart one

That + the controllers means I can slap someone in the face in VR and that is very appealing to me
If you get a 6DOF headset like Odyssey:

Superhot
Gorn
Drunken Bar Fight
Creed Rise to Glory
Knockout League

Last edited:

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
I will freely admit I didn't like that I couldn't move my head forward in the Walmart one

That + the controllers means I can slap someone in the face in VR and that is very appealing to me

I cannot suggest Beat Saber enough. I have it on PSVR and it was my GotY 2018. I put more damn time in to playing Beat Saber than any other game on my PS4 now.

If you get even a SHRED of enjoyment from rhythm games, buy Beat Saber. I hear the PC version has incredible community support for additional songs, too.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017

Yeep.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Big Screen Beta might not be completely terrible on a 60hz screen.

Oct 26, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Seriously, the difference between the walmart headset and even the cheapest mixed reality is night and day. Took me ages to find the tiny tiny sweet spot on the walmart headset, takes 2 seconds to get completely immersed in WMR.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Thumper should work well with 3DOF. Not so sure about SUPERHOT. Basically look for seated VR stuff.
Are you into retro games and emulation? Maybe set up a virtual arcade for your emulators in New Retro Arcade, which basically is a 80s arcade hall frontend for your emulators.
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is a blast with a couple of friends, Polybius is hella dope, too.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Hugely. I got a Lenovo - also WMR - for £109 on sale and it's fantastic. On par with Vive/rift in many ways but easier to setup due to internal tracking

OP
OP

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Hugely. I got a Lenovo - also WMR - for £109 on sale and it's fantastic. On par with Vive/rift in many ways but easier to setup due to internal tracking

Yeah not gonna lie the main things for me not getting VR were:

Price (I was thinking PSVR, but still too high)
Setting up those tracker thingies

When you grab Beat Saber be sure to check out ModSaber. It's super easy to set up.

wussat do