• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Marriage isn't a science you are taking a chance on someone you believe in and love.

Anyone that shits on it probably hates their situation or themselves and wasn't ready for it in the first place. Congrats. Good luck.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
People keep saying I am locking myself away, or that I'm ball and chaining myself, or that it's "the last pussy ever", or whatever garbage it is.

Who the hell are your friends???

Anyway, congrats man. I'm getting married next month. I've never been more excited so I know the feeling.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
People keep saying I am locking myself away, or that I'm ball and chaining myself, or that it's "the last pussy ever", or whatever garbage it is. I am super fucking excited. I am super exited to marry this woman. She is great. She actually tolerates me (I actually never talk about MCU around her -- thanks Era for being my outlet). So, yeah, super party, super excited. It's hard to articulate, but I kind of knew I'd want to be with her lifetime and longer 4 years ago.

Am I sappy? Yes. Who cares. Love is love.

Anyone else feel what I feel?
CONGRATULATIONS YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!

No seriously I'm married for 8 yrs now and it's a whole 'nother chapter of life to experience. Sounds like you're ready!

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Presumably people who chose terrible partners?

It's super bizarre to me that somebody would say that to someone getting married. It just seems to wild and vulgar. I can't imagine someone saying something like that to me in earnest. I'd be so insulted, not only for me but the obvious implications towards my partner as well.

I feel bad for Subpar that apparently most people he knows actively discourage and disparage a momentous occasion he is overjoyed about. What an awful status quo to have to be excited in spite of this seemingly pervasive response.

Congrats again, Subs.

Dec 23, 2017
People keep saying I am locking myself away, or that I'm ball and chaining myself, or that it's "the last pussy ever", or whatever garbage it is. I am super fucking excited. I am super exited to marry this woman. She is great. She actually tolerates me (I actually never talk about MCU around her -- thanks Era for being my outlet). So, yeah, super party, super excited. It's hard to articulate, but I kind of knew I'd want to be with her lifetime and longer 4 years ago.

No matter what keep that happiness... it's up to you.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Congrats, OP. I am super happy for you and you SHOULD be excited. Being married to the right person is the absolute best.

R8tedm3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Congrats OP woot woot!!! Now i'm coming to crash it, with a "resetera" sign in my hand LOL.

Oct 26, 2017

Congrats!!!

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017

I'm not one for marriage anymore since my last one was awful, but I am truly happy for you, OP. Don't let anyone's negativity dampen your happiness & excitement for love. I wish you nothing but the best, OP!

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Waiting for your next thread when you'll realise your mistake but then it would be too late.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
How long have you guys been together? The idea of planning a wedding just sounds super stressful to me, and I honestly feel like our relationship wouldn't be much different afterwards so it's not something I'm super excited for. But my gf definitely wants to get married so I'll probably end up doing it one of these years to make her happy.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I've been happily married for over 9 years now. I wouldn't change it for the world. Congratulations!

Edit: We need to get him an MCU box set as a wedding gift.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats, OP!

And people are going to say that kind of stuff about every milestone in your life.
Getting Married? "Oh, you're chaining yourself to one person for the rest of your life."
Having kids? "Oh, say goodbye to all of your money and free time for the next twenty years."

Don't listen to them. Do what makes you happy.

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
Marriage isnt the end, its the beginning! congrats dude!
it's also not for everyone, but doesn't have to be, been married only +1 year, small gathering, AAAAA+++++ would recommend

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats op, nothing better in life than to be with a partner you're compatible with.

Your friends are probably just jealous.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Congratulations, OP!

I've been married about three years now, and while the day itself was a lot of stress and I was tired, everything that followed has been a dream. Truly, I adore my wife and don't know how I lucked out as much as I did. Happy for you! The only thing that's been better was the arrival of our daughter. A family (just you two or maybe some day more) is a gift, through and through.

Again, congrats!!

m23

Oct 25, 2017
How long have you guys been together? The idea of planning a wedding just sounds super stressful to me, and I honestly feel like our relationship wouldn't be much different afterwards so it's not something I'm super excited for. But my gf definitely wants to get married so I'll probably end up doing it one of these years to make her happy.

The planning is so stressful if you're doing it by yourselves like we did. I wasn't going to drop money on a wedding planner or anything though. At the same time, it felt amazing once everything was in motion, very satisfying after all the work you put into it.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I got married a couple weeks ago. I was feeling pretty stressed about it the last few days going into, but the day itself was really really fun. It's a great party and a great time that just goes too quickly - enjoy it!

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
The planning is so stressful if you're doing it by yourselves like we did. I wasn't going to drop money on a wedding planner or anything though. At the same time, it felt amazing once everything was in motion, very satisfying after all the work you put into it.

Good to know! Yeah I'd definitely like to convince my gf to have a little smaller of a wedding.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations! Getting married to my wife was one of the best decisions I ever made. May your marriage be long and your love stay as strong as it is on the day of your wedding.

Oct 29, 2017

Congratulations!!!!!! Make sure you eat some food at your wedding.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really glad you found happiness. My wedding day and the birth of my son are two of the happiest days I've ever had, and I hope you have a similar experience. Of course, it always helps when you're marrying the right person. Congratulations! The day will go fast, so make sure you remember to take moments to breathe and reflect on what's happening to you, so everything isn't just a blur when you try to look back on it in a few years.

Just got married to my best friend two weeks ago, definitely a good decision OP

Whoa, congratulations to you, too! Looks like you guys had a beautiful day!