• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, my ps5 remote play was always way better than my series X

but, I had comcast, 100 down and 5 up. Didnt seem to mind the ps5 too much, but it looks like Xbox is more dependend on Upload. Every time I did a test, everything was in green except the upload

I recently got Fiber in my place this week, and got a Gig. Now everything is green on my series x

And yep, now it works flawlessly, even on my phone's own 4g/5g. It now might surpass ps5, since that requires wifi

But I couln't realize the beauty of xbox remore play until now with fiber/better upload

-----------------

PS: I now tried the unofficial PS5 remote play, PS Play, and that also works flawlessly for me: on wifi AND 4g/5g

annndddd since its an unofficial app, even my razer kish works with it.

Pretty awesome

Last edited:

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
well, yeah, right? its a connection-dependant service.

"i didnt realize what guns could do, until I got bullets" kinda thing right?

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
PS: I now tried the unofficial PS5 remote play, PS Play, and that also works flawlessly for me: on wifi AND 4g/5g

Pretty awesome

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You need an unofficial app for the Kishi to work? Or is this with an android phone?
Kishi works perfect with the official Xbox and Gamepass app

But Kish does not work with the official Playstation Remote play app, the same way that it does NOT support remote play over phone's 4g/5g

HOWEVER, the PS Play unofficial app does support the Kishi and 4g/5g, Im playing Spiderman remaster at my inlaws on my kishi right now over 5g

I'm using the samsung galaxy S20 FE. Official works with xbox, you need unofficial for playstation

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Kishi works perfectly with the official Xbox app and the official PS Remote Play app on iOS.
Kishi works perfect with the official Xbox and Gamepass app

But Kish does not work with the official Playstation Remote play app, the same way that it does NOT support remote play over phone's 4g/5g

HOWEVER, the PS Play unofficial app does support the Kishi and 4g/5g, Im playing Spiderman remaster at my inlaws on my kishi right now over 5g

I'm using the samsung galaxy S20 FE. Official works with xbox, you need unofficial for playstation
Yeah, was talking about PS streaming, since I know that it doesn't support non-playstation controllers everywhere expect on IOS. Didn't know there was an unofficial app for android that got around this.

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, was talking about PS streaming, since I know that it doesn't support non-playstation controllers everywhere expect on IOS. Didn't know there was an unofficial app for android that got around this.
Yep, its pretty awesome.

Its called PSPlay, and costs only $5. It supports PS4 and PS5, all sorts of controllers, ps3, ps4, ps5, kishi, any other third party etc, as well as playing of mobile network

basically everything the official app doesnt allow lol

IGotPaid

Nov 7, 2017
I picked up the psplay app because of this thread. Didn't know about it and it works fantastically.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

but, I had comcast, 100 down and 5 up. Didnt seem to mind the ps5 too much, but it looks like Xbox is more dependend on Upload. Every time I did a test, everything was in green except the upload

I recently got Fiber in my place this week, and got a Gig. Now everything is green on my series x

And yep, now it works flawlessly, even on my phone's own 4g/5g. It now might surpass ps5, since that requires wifi

But I couln't realize the beauty of xbox remore play until now with fiber/better upload

-----------------

Pretty awesome
It's just odd, because when you're using PS5 Remote Play or Xbox console streaming locally on the same wifi network, internet speed should have absolutely nothing to do with it. It shouldn't be utilizing your internet connection at all unless you're outside of your local network.

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's just odd, because when you're using PS5 Remote Play or Xbox console streaming locally on the same wifi network, internet speed should have absolutely nothing to do with it. It shouldn't be utilizing your internet connection at all unless you're outside of your local network.
I never had a problem while being at home. I would often go to my bedroom upstairs, and play on my Razer kishi from my bed, on my own network.

The issue came when I'm out. Like right now, I'm at my in laws, before fiber Xbox for me was almost unplayable. Now, it's flawless. I'm playing my xbox and my ps5 from outside my house, at my inlaws, on my Razer Kishi on wifi and mobile network. That didn't work well before for me (specially on Xbox)

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never had a problem while being at home. I would often go to my bedroom upstairs, and play on my Razer kishi from my bed, on my own network.

The issue came when I'm out. Like right now, I'm at my in laws, before fiber Xbox for me was almost unplayable. Now, it's flawless. I'm playing my xbox and my ps5 from outside my house, at my inlaws, on my Razer Kishi on wifi and mobile network. That didn't work well before for me (specially on Xbox)
Ah I see. Awesome, then!

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I played quite a bit of Death Stranding from my parents home 10 miles away from my home.

Worked great

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
Remote play is great. I don't use it often but It came really handy at work during the lockdowns. I was happily playing bloodbowl, snowrunner and cities skylines.
I think my first taste of it was borrowing my brothers psp and playing pixel junk Eden via remote play on the PS3. It wasn't the best back then but It worked fine around the home on WiFi.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Now if only remote play on the same LAN wasn't garbage. The Series X is a blurry mess the second the screen/camera moves when I try to play on my iPad while at home. I should try hotspotting to my phone and seeing if they is better somehow.

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Now if only remote play on the same LAN wasn't garbage. The Series X is a blurry mess the second the screen/camera moves when I try to play on my iPad while at home. I should try hotspotting to my phone and seeing if they is better somehow.
Never had an issue on same Lan, only when outside my home, until now

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

-----------------

Pretty awesome
Psplay doesn't support ps5 ? I ssd just a controller on my screen. Not the game

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Remote play on ps5 is still variable for me after taking a ton of additional steps.

- PS5 is wired
- internet is 100 up/down
- set up a mesh wifi network
- remote playing using the newest iPad Pro model

sometimes it works great. Other times it goes into a complete meltdown, gets fuzzy and stops working. I find it's the worst when my wife is streaming from the Apple TV.

I've made multiple posts about it on here and Reddit and I just usually get a response of "mine works perfect not sure what your issue is"

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it is an iPad issue? It is very clearly the video feed being compressed. I will have to try it on my phone later and then over 4g to see if either fix it.
Seems to me that the iOS/iPadOS app isn't as polished as the Android app yet. It's a few builds behind.

It works okay on my iPhone 12 Pro Max, but PS Remote Play works better right now on iOS in my experience.

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remote play on ps5 is still variable for me after taking a ton of additional steps.

- PS5 is wired

sometimes it works great. Other times it goes into a complete meltdown, gets fuzzy and stops working. I find it's the worst when my wife is streaming from the Apple TV.

I've made multiple posts about it on here and Reddit and I just usually get a response of "mine works perfect not sure what your issue is"
I'd check QoS on your mesh set up. Make sure you're prioritizing the PS5 and whatever device you're streaming to over your other devices like the Apple TV>

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'd check QoS on your mesh set up. Make sure you're prioritizing the PS5 and whatever device you're streaming to over your other devices like the Apple TV>

Appreciate the tip, but I'm using an Eero and it doesnt seem to be an option. It looks like it used to be (something called SQM, or smart queue management) but its gone

EDIT: Did some digging on the Eero subreddit, and one of the developers said they're working on bringing it back. Fingers crossed that fixes the last bits of my issues!

Last edited:

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure about the Series X, but Microsoft's streaming solution with my Xbox One X has always looked the worse out of all the devices I have that are capable of streaming. This is even when all devices are hardwired (eg. streaming my xbox to my PC)

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ps play added support for ps5 about 3 weeks ago, works flawlessly.
Trying. Now. I have two ps5 at home. Any way to chose which one works over internet ? As I need to put my public IP for internet remote play

Xbox serie x streaming sux by the way. I wish OneCast would update for xbox series. It was much better than official

Last edited:
OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

- PS5 is wired

I would add a static ip for it and do port forwarding

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Trying. Now. I have two ps5 at home. Any way to chose which one works over internet ? As I need to put my public IP for internet remote play

Xbox serie x streaming sux by the way. I wish OneCast would update for xbox series. It was much better than official
It used to suck for me, until I got enough Upload and until I had open Nat. Do a remote test on Series X, if something is yellow or red you have to fix it. If you get everything in Green, it should work flawlessly, it does for me

Before I had fiber, I had 5 upload, Xbox said it needed at least 9, so that was yellow for me, and it was always inconsistent. Now with fiber, it's green, hence everything appears green now on the remote test, and it finally works like a dream

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It used to suck for me, until I got enough Upload and until I had open Nat. Do a remote test on Series X, if something is yellow or red you have to fix it. If you get everything in Green, it should work flawlessly, it does for me

Before I had fiber, I had 5 upload, Xbox said it needed at least 9, so that was yellow for me, and it was always inconsistent. Now with fiber, it's green, hence everything appears green now on the remote test, and it finally works like a dream
I have 1000/1000. Everything is great but xbox official remote play is very low bitrate and 720p only. One cast was based on Xbox windows app and allowed to chose bitrate / resolution / framerate independently and it was very good. But it's not compatible with series x/s

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have 1000/1000. Everything is great but xbox official remote play is very low bitrate and 720p only. One cast was based on Xbox windows app and allowed to chose bitrate / resolution / framerate independently and it was very good. But it's not compatible with series x/s
Ahhh yeah, there's nothing we can do about 720 until they update that lol

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My ps remote play still gives me an error that it can't connect to the ps5 after it try's to connect for 5 mins

I give up until the iOS app is updated then I'll try again

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Remote play on PS5 disconnects immediately if I'm downloading anything. And it sucks I can only use a DualShock 4 because I don't have one. So right now it's more feasible for me to use Stadia or a Switch when I don't feel like trekking to the living room.

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Remote play on PS5 disconnects immediately if I'm downloading anything. And it sucks I can only use a DualShock 4 because I don't have one. So right now it's more feasible for me to use Stadia or a Switch when I don't feel like trekking to the living room.
If you have android, you can use PSplay, works flawlessly with almost any controller, I use it with my Razer Kishi

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's crazy that it doesn't even support the dual sense yet, Sony does not care about remote play at all

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I would add a static ip for it and do port forwarding

So...I think this did the trick. I still had a few stuttering moments, but the quality never dropped. I tested it playing Ghosts, Spelunky, Fortnite, Rocket League, Tony Hawk and Mortal Kombat 11. I'm hoping this lasts and wasn't just a fluke. A huge thank you if this was the fix I needed.

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So...I think this did the trick. I still had a few stuttering moments, but the quality never dropped. I tested it playing Ghosts, Spelunky, Fortnite, Rocket League, Tony Hawk and Mortal Kombat 11. I'm hoping this lasts and wasn't just a fluke. A huge thank you if this was the fix I needed.
Hopefully that was it, glad to help!

On my ps5 I have a static ip, and have the Google dns servers, then on my router I port forward the necessary ps5 ports

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa

THIJJ

Oct 26, 2017
Remote play on my iphone + the Backbone One has been an absolutely transformative gaming experience. I didn't care much for mobile remote play before it--And i tried it a multitude of ways--controller clips were cool but top heavy and cumbersome and touch controls basically only worked for visual novels. Now, it works flawlessly across PS4/5, Xbox, and Steam--at home and on the go and i don't feel like I'm having a lesser input experience (if im gonna stretch it, maybe even a bit better at times the backbone is built so well.) Obviously on the go is very upload dependent but iI've got 50 up with everything at home wired and it works great.