• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Got 9 games on Steam sale, that would sum up to 110 R$ (More or less $20, half of that with a paypal gift). Already finished 2. Still living the dream i guess.

FLX127

Jul 21, 2021
Yeeeeaaahhh, I did the same thing. I probably bought even more than you did, most of them where less than 10 euros, some between 2 and 5 so I felt pretty good about those. But there were also some for 20-30 euros and overall it does at up to a total I'm not comfortable sharing here lol. I bought some on Steam where I already own hundreds of games because I reserved a Steam Deck, which I'm really excited about but I bought a lot more for Switch because I want to get the OLED model soon and give my OG Switch to my mom. Buying both handhelds and even more games in advance seems like a really really really dumb idea... but the DEALS!!! Those sweet and oh so tempting DEALS!!! If I play these games at SOME point in the future, even if it's 5/10/even more years from now, is it THAT dumb? Yeah probably because they will be even cheaper then. Buuut... how can I justify this, umm, as long as I don't financially ruin myself it's ok, right? RIGHT??

Det

Jul 30, 2020
The gold editions of Odyssey, Vahalla, and Far Cry 6 on Xbox

2 EA games on EGS. Darkest Dungeon 2 and Space Punks

4 games on Steam Iratius, Grim Dawn, Just Cause 4 complete, and Complete jump force.

There a few more, but these are the most note worthy

I don't have enough time.

Started playing Hades over the weekend, loving it so I proceeded to buy Bastion, Transistor, and Pyre. The hidden gems/PC thread/DF list included games of interest, so I then bought: Death Trash, Outer Wilds, Overboard, OPUS Echo of Starsong, F.I.S.T, amongst others. Then I pre-ordered HFW, GT7, GoW:R, SIFU, Elden Ring on my PS5, along with The Witcher 3 & CP2077 in anticipation of their next-gen patches (yes, I know). Let alone everything dropping into GP - along with games I've still yet to get to (Psychonauts 2, Gears, older Halo titles etc.) - and my full intent on signing up to 'Spartacus' on PS for BC titles. Not to mention my back catalogue is already quite substantial..

Yeah I know how you feel. At this point, most of those indie titles I got on Steam and I have resigned to playing on the Steam Deck whenever the hell I get the thing.. No idea where I will find the time, however.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Same. Every year, I tell myself that you'll need to wake up pretty early in the morning to fool me into buying all these games. Apparently, everyone seems to be doing a good freaken job of waking up in the morning and doing just that.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington

4 games on Steam Iratius, Grim Dawn, Just Cause 4 complete, and Complete jump force.

Refund the steam games.
I think EA allows refunds as well?

I don't see the problem.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
At least you did pretty good in terms of 'a lot of bang for your buck.' Combined, Odyssey and Valhalla alone are like 400 hours of game play.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Same. Every year, I tell myself that you'll need to wake up pretty early in the morning to fool me into buying all these games. Apparently, everyone seems to be doing a good freaken job of waking up in the morning and doing just that.

i pretty much only buy games and stuff that is below $20 or less in local currency and I still come out of every sale with a small handful of something. Usually at least it's stuff I've wishlisted in forever, but still...

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I finally got my backlog down to 65 games. It was over 100 a year ago, so I've only picked up like 5 games during all of these sales. My advice would be to check out how long it takes to complete a game before buying it. I'm mostly done playing 80+ hour games. The only exception for this year is Starfield.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Yeah I stopped buying more than one game to play next in sales years ago for that reason. I'm not a collector and don't care about building a library as I rarely replay games.

It's rare a game won't be as cheap or cheaper again down the road when I have time to play it so I quit building a backlog in sales. Especially with physical games since I beat/drop and sell on eBay or Amazon so unplayed games are just further losing value the longer they sit on the shelf.

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
Welcome to the party, I bought too many games two years ago on a Christmas sale and I'm still slowly finishing my backlog.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I bought some I know I probably won't finish... Just because I always wanted to play them and because they were so damn cheap!

Enough is enough, though (just old games on my wishlist from now on... I have a problem. I know.).

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got dozens of JRPG's I'd theoretically like to play but me actually playing them is doubtful lol

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know the pain.

Got Death's Door, Among Us and Deedlit on PS5, while I just started GotG which I got for Black Friday, but I have a problem leaving Mechwarrior 5 behind (having finished it) which I got recently, as it's literally Pokemon with Mechs, and I don't have all the hero units yet.
It's a good problem to have though.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I bought 3 games for Black Friday and already finished them. So I bought 8 games for the winter sale.

There's a good chance a few don't get played for a while because I forgot Pokemon is out at the end of the month.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I realize I probably have enough games for the next four years but anymore I don't really consider it a backlog as much as I own plenty of games I'm not currently interested in playing.

My PS store on the PS5 has been wonky loading for awhile and I haven't really looked in to why or fixes and it's kinda been nice as I haven't really been getting onto it and tempted to buy games.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Same. I bought like 5 JRPGs and probably 10+ games in total which I'll probably never get through at this point lol :|

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
PlushUnrulyKoalabear-max-1mb.gif

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
do what i do; stop beating games. seriously,

nobody will judge you, and you'll probably get more value out of your collection. You're not doing yourself any favors by having stuff unplayed.
If all you keep doing is buying games, that means you haven't played something yet that really sunk it's teeth into you. Keep grazing and you'll find it

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
3 huge Ubisoft games that are pretty much on sale every other week, one of which will only have even bigger price drops soon.

Yeah, you fucked up.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
3 huge Ubisoft games that are pretty much on sale every other week, one of which will only have even bigger price drops soon.

Yeah, you fucked up.
To be fair i rarely buy games, especially at launch. Last big game i brought was guardians of the galaxy. And before that it was Borderlands 3

Oct 29, 2017
I learned a good while back to quit bothering with shopping for sales unless it's a game I know for sure I'll be getting to soon. Otherwise it's just wasted money and another game I may or may not get to added to the backlog.

These days, if I want to play something new, I buy it and play it then and there.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
I would refund at least one of the Ubisoft games if you can.

Both the AC games are huge time sinks and playing 1 would be enough

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game pass thankfully stopped me from piling on my backlog

Oct 25, 2017

You actually buy games to play them?

What a loser.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The Ubi games are fun. Try to not burn yourself. Pace them and play something else intervinded.

Just Cause 4 though... you done goofed
JC4 can be good fun too. It's like the fun part of GTA to me. I mean you can argue which Just Cause is better, but 4 is a good game as well, just some questionable changes from 2 and 3.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Me too.

Injustice 2 Legendary, Jump Force Deluxe, FF15 complete, FF15 pocket, FF7, FF9, Castlevania Advance collection, Double Dragon 4, Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1 & 2, World of Final Fantasy, the Sega Collection, the Blizzard Collection, Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Ann., MGSV complete, MKXL, MK11 complete, Split/Second, Castlevania: LoS, and Vampyr. I just got a new job and I think I went a bit overboard. Also, Phil may not be lying when he says Game Pass players buy more. I don't have enough time in my life to finish all this lol.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Me too.

Injustice 2 Legendary, Jump Force Deluxe, FF15 complete, FF15 pocket, FF7, FF9, Castlevania Advance collection, Double Dragon 4, Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1 & 2, World of Final Fantasy, the Sega Collection, the Blizzard Collection, Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Ann., MGSV complete, MKXL, MK11 complete, Split/Second, Castlevania: LoS, and Vampyr. I just got a new job and I think I went a bit overboard. Also, Phil may not be lying when he says Game Pass players buy more. I don't have enough time in my life to finish all this lol.
I just had to get Jump Force, kinda wild to have a game that will disappear in a few weeks

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I've made peace with having a never-ending backlog i'll only keep adding to.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I almost racked up, but then I realized MH: Rise is releasing Jan 12th on PC and that will take me to Horizon: FW. I'm glad I realized this or I would have been in your shoes.