• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Been a Switch owner since launch. I absolutely adore its game selection. However, its sever lack of cool, extra (let alone basic) features is still as bad as day1.

A handful of my friends just recently got Switches for the 1st time for the holiday season. Obviously they're excited, and I'm hyped cause we can finally relish in the same games together. That said, we exchanged FC codes the other night, and it (once again) hit me how pointless having friends on the platform feels. I really wanted to send stupid fun messages with dumb drawings and stickers. But, lol, nope. All I can do is see they're there, and what games they played measured in weirdly vague and arbitrary timespans. It seriously boggles my mind how Nintendo created a platform that offers so much fun content with its games, yet everything else surrounding the platform is just so disappointing.

I remember Nintendo initially removing SwapNote due to it leading to an incident where it got abused? I understand the reaction, and it's really screwed up that that incident transpired. I don't mean to make light of that situation, but honestly, I can't stop wishing Switch had all the extra stuff that DS and Wii had. 2 years in, absolutely stellar library, but platform/ecosystem itself still feels like a pre-launch prototype.

tusk

Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Chicago, IL
Yeah.

I'll never forget hanging out before class in the gym with other classmates pecking away at that DS touchscreen in pictochat. Good topic.

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Read that as "I miss Pinochet," and yeah, Pictochat is way better than Augusto Pinochet.

toadsworth

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even have my own brother on my friends list because there is literally no point.

Haven't bothered trying to play online with friends either, after my experiences on the WiiU.

Tragic, but it is what it is.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I miss Miiverse, that was a fucking great app. I can't believe the administrators actually deleted it after the great Miiverse shitpost wars.

images

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
I really thought they'd keep the Miitomo data and do something with it on the Switch. Y'know, put that freakin cloud save to use.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Not a Nintendo published game, but I miss Photo Dojo.

My friends and I loved making ourselves into Fighting game characters.

Nothing else exists like it as far as I know.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
Pictochat for me was mostly talking to myself. I was a heavy DS player and never actually used pictochat with other human beings. Street pass though is something I really miss since I actually came across people that used it.