• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
Found it some some place on the net

if you did not serve this Country putting your life on the line for freedom, and you cannot even make a small sacrifice of wearing a mask when necessary, stop talking about your freedom.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

It doesn't work when they think they're keeping the spirit of American (but not just American, it's applicable to other countries as well) freedom alive by rejecting masks.
In their mind, not wearing a mask is their contribution to democracy, as twisted as it is.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't. But them good ole' boys of the US of A fought and died so I had this choice! Now if you wanna vaccinate your baby with gay lizard cancer, then so be it! But let me BREATHE THIS GOOD OLE AMERICAN AIR WITH MY GOD GIVEN LUNGS

BXC15MR.gif

/s obviously

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Compare it more to rationing during World War II. If our greatest generation can sacrifice metals and certain foods for the greater good, then I think we can wear a bit of cloth on our face in public for a few months.

It's literally anti-American not to wear a mask. It's such a small sacrifice that you can't even call it a sacrifice. It's just a minor inconvenience for a little bit, temporary just as it was in 1918 if they start to try some senseless slippery slope argument. Try to do the bare minimum for America.

These fuckers need to be shamed right in the patriotism.

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
Eh they all know their excuses are bs. They just don't believe in science and don't want to wear one. Feeding this line to them will do nothing. Until someone they care about gets it they're not going to change.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Point at your American flag mask and say THESE COLORS DON'T RUN

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
You have the right to carry a firearm, but you're still bound by the rules of the businesses that prohibit you from doing so on their property. And such prohibitions are not in violation of the Second Amendment.

And as a matter of fact, I did serve in the military.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Won't work. Congressman Ted Lieu regularly tells people on Twitter that he fought in the military for their right to say stupid shit - and people still call him a chink and tell him to go back to China. People are trash.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
You're making the classic mistake that these people have any actual reasons for believing anything.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just tried this and everyone is wearing masks now around here!

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Logic doesn't work with them because they already know there excuses are bullshit. They just don't care about anything other than themselves.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Can't fight the illogical with logic. This situation reminds me of this joke.

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."

The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."

To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."

To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
You will NEVER generate the "perfect response" to those who refuse to wear a mask. The people I've talked to who are anti-mask...I just say, "That's fine, but I'm going to do my best to help keep other people around me safe."

If they rebuttal (which they have), I've said, "While I disagree with your opinion, I can't change it. Just like you can't change mine."

They're usually too angry to keep talking.

That said, Indianapolis area is a wide net. The people who refuse are mostly older-ish (40+). Anyone I know who is younger or even middle-aged, red or blue, realize the severity of this pandemic and are more than happy to do their part.

Oct 7, 2018
USA
I've just been saying do you drive 140 mph on the freeway? No you don't because it's against the law and endangers those sharing the road with you.

I don't see a bunch of idiot protesters online and showing up at state capitols protesting the fact that they can't drive as fast as they want cause it's their own car and their own life and they should be free to decide how fast they want to drive.

I don't see people saying well if you're scared to be killed by me driving 140 then you should just stay home b]ecause people know that would be an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

This is 100% political all started by Trump's dumb-ass and a bunch of foreign Internet trolls.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

Nah, I don't like this because I do know someone who served and is conservative and he throws that in the face of anyone liberal about how they don't know what the real world is like because they never served and that he sacrificed so that people can enjoy what they have. He pretty much puts himself above everyone else and holds his opinion as holding more weight because he served.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I ask them if they want to comply with my freedom to kick them in the nuts. Why are they refusing it, it is my freedom to do so!

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
I wish we lived in the Aaron Sorkin universe where I could make a maudlin, wordy speech about Right and Wrong and people's minds would be changed and they would start doing the right thing.

Unfortunately, we live in the Robocop universe, where people pull guns on you for doing shit like that.

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
It better to say that by not wearing a mask you are removing the freedom of other people.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I think it's better to just tell them to fuck off and run really fast downhill holding scissors in both hands

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
No point of saying anything. They won't listen and don't care. Just stay away from them.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
dT592r.gif

No good approach to this scenario. If they're selfish and irrational enough to not wear a mask, you not only won't be able to convince them but you might also put yourself in danger. Just avoid them at all costs.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
literally nothing works. there is no perfect response because they are not open to listening. their goal is to "win" the "debate"

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Bu-bu-but... the mask causes carbon dioxide to get trapped, which will KILL me!!!! /s

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I've decided to treat anti maskers as the same as those who don't wash their hands or shower. Sure, you're free to do it, but you're a dirty asshole that nobody wants to be around.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
This reads like a shower argument, where you come up with the wittiest comebacks and shutdown responses and the other person is like "AH! YOU'RE RIGHT" as they put a mask on in response. In the real world, ignorant people are just gonna double down.