• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I just bought some of those the other week. Soo good. Especially with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and some garlic powder

Birdito

Oct 30, 2017
This is the real winner up this way.

DrrRqZ4.png

I do not generally like frozen pizza, and it might be a cop-out because it's a flatbread, but it's so good. And like $3.50.

Oct 27, 2017
The Kirkland 4-packs for ~$10 can't be beat. I haven't had the cheese but the pepperoni is great. I love making frozen pizzas in a large air fryer oven.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
It's not 1996, there's plenty of great frozen pizza brands.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Those frozen Costco pizzas are fine, but pretty bland.

Home Run Inn and Screamin Sicilian if I'm feeling fancy. Freschetta if I'm not. Red Baron if I'm eating alone.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
Frozen pizza is never going to be good because:

--frozen dough sucks
--your home oven cannot get as hot as an actual pizza oven
--manufacturers always cheap out on the cheese

You don't sprinkle mozzarella cheese on the pizza before throwing it in the oven? Well, that's on you.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
What I have noticed is that no brand is generally good. It seems they are only good at one specific topping style above all the others.

Oct 27, 2017
These, but I think they're Chicago only. I think what makes them good is that they are just this bar's pizzas, but frozen.

e60121493d6b865afac965a91ef2d347_large.png

I guess if I had a gun to my head between Screamin Sicilian and Home Run Inn, I'd take the bullet to avoid the salt and heartburn

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't sprinkle mozzarella cheese on the pizza before throwing it in the oven? Well, that's on you.
The more cheese you add, the more time in the oven it takes to melt the cheese. Since your home-oven can't reach the proper temperature to cook a pizza, that means you are probably going to overcook the dough/crust because it has to stay in the oven for so long.

I think at a minimum, you need a special pizza cooker to make frozen pizza turn out okay, but even then it's still never going to be as good as delivery or restaurant pizza.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
The more cheese you add, the more time in the oven it takes to melt the cheese. Since your home-oven can't reach the proper temperature to cook a pizza, that means you are probably going to overcook the dough/crust because it has to stay in the oven for so long.

I think at a minimum, you need a special pizza cooker to make frozen pizza turn out okay, but even then it's still never going to be as good as delivery or restaurant pizza.

I mean...look, it's not supposed to be as good as delivery/restaurant pizza, but it's still pretty good. You also gotta consider price - a frozen pizza is like $5...pizza hut is like $10-$12, and restaurant is $16+. They're doing different things.

And pre-heating the oven is critical. Then 17 min at 400 degrees, and you got a good pizza with a crunchy crust.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
If you're in the northeast (maybe just MA/RI/NH?), Cape Cod Cafe pizza is bomb.

overlay

Screamin Sicilian is the go to otherwise. (Another similarly probably northeast US only brand) Papa Gino's frozen are fine too.

I even enjoy a cheese Celeste pizza every now and then as a nostalgia treat because that was our struggle pizza night for many years growing up

I've gotta keep an eye out for this I guess.

resize

Mystic Pizza is p good for a frozen brand.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I agree 100%. That's the only frozen pizza I get at this point, and I get a lot of it. I've tried others at the same price range but they're all pretty bad in comparison.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean...look, it's not supposed to be as good as delivery/restaurant pizza, but it's still pretty good. You also gotta consider price - a frozen pizza is like $5...pizza hut is like $10-$12, and restaurant is $16+. They're doing different things.

And pre-heating the oven is critical. Then 17 min at 400 degrees, and you got a good pizza with a crunchy crust.
To be fair, most frozen pizzas are well beyond $5 at this point, outside of store brands and budget brands.

The best way to cook frozen pizza is slicing it up before you cook it. It requires a fairly good pizza cutter, but it is definitely do-able. That way you at least get the crunchy-crispness on every edge of every slice, rather than just along the crust.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, most frozen pizzas are well beyond $5 at this point, outside of store brands and budget brands.

If you wanna split hairs over pricing, that $12 pizza hut pizza will cost you $20 delivered and the good stuff will be $30 easily. I'm just saying, you can't disregard the price when you compare pizzas.

Oct 27, 2017
I've enjoyed this brand quite a bit during the pandemic.

NVvDjQv.jpg

As someone who is a life-long Long islander who has access to decent to top tier pizza within short distance in any direction, I concur. Out of the frozen pizzas, freschetta really does make some really good frozen pizza. It doesn't taste or resemble anything like really NY Pizza, but its very unique imo.

Oct 30, 2017
Wild Mike's Pizza is surprisingly good frozen pizza too. Love the italian seasonings packet that comes with it too. Sprinkle that stuff on before it goes in the oven and then cook. So Good.
WM-SS-Combo-3D-900px-300x300.png
Came here to say this. Ignore the children's imagery, this pizza is legit. I'm done searching, this is the brand I'll stick with as long as they keep making them. The Italian Seasoning packet is too large for one pizza so I pour the rest into a spare shaker and put it on spaghetti

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
+1 for Screamin Sicilian. It's quite expensive, but it's the best for standard crust pizza. Gino's East is really good for Chicago style deep dish. Though I usually end up with Red Baron, because I can buy 3-4 for the price of one of the others.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Got the thin crust Delissio the other day and it was pretty good, but I don't eat a lot of frozen pizza. The last one I had before that was really fucking bad but I don't remember the brand.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't had it in over 15 years now (seriously lol), but Freschetta was god tier with their sauce stuffed pizza.
12822-7218063738CF.jpg

^ That one. Best food ever, it had such an amazing satisfying taste. Yeah, then they discontinued it. The regular natural rising crust is basically the same thing just without the amazing sauce stuffed part, so that can be good. I guess just dip it in sauce.

TheSix

Nov 1, 2017
Toronto
A German brand Italian pizza with Hawaiian toppings made in Canada. A truly global food.
And it somehow works!
Really? I usually like the Dr. Oetker pies but I could barely stomach this with that tomato cream sauce.
I didn't like Dr. Oetker until they changed their recipes - this is not as good as local pizzerias in my area but it's a great alternative. The sauce is different but it works