• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
went to dairy queen last night. had a flamethrower combo. was deoicious. it's 7am and I am still thinking of it's yumminess. what long forgotten foods have you recently tried again and loved?

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
every time I break down and get Subway I'm surprised and ashamed at how much I enjoy it

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I havent seen a Dairy queen in years. I only see Burger King, McDonalds, Popeyes, Whataburger, Chipotle, KFC, Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Papa Johns, Wendys (which is almost always empty) and Chick Fil La.

I hear there's one being made near where I live...maybe I'll see to it that I try something from there..maybe lol.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Wendy's chicken sandwiches are the bomb. Spicy chicken especially.

I don't live around a Wendy's anymore so I get it rarely, but I had like one a week in college haha

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Here in SoCal, I'm not sure I've seen any of the DQ's that sell non-ice cream.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I had the opposite experience OP.

I stopped eating fast food in my late 20s for the most part and when I went back to McDonald's, BK, DQ, etc. none of it was half as good as I remembered it as a kid/teenager.

Coke is still amazing though. I drink it maybe twice a month and it always hits the spot.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Dairy Queen, really, really depends on the ownership/management of the local store. You've got ones that are great and basically community pillars in small towns or ones where they have two people doing everything in the whole restaurant and it's dirty as fuck.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I like their food okay but it's taken ages to get anything that's not frozen every time I've gone.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i used to go to DQ all the time as a kid but i don't think i've had their non ice cream food once

Joelington

Sep 13, 2019
Canada
DQ food checks out. They're probably the cheapest place to get a fast food meal here in Canada too, ($7 for a combo meal).
Wendy's is good too, but pricey.
Not a huge fan of BK, but those Chicken Sandwiches are the bomb.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Love that chicken strip basket. With gravy.

And then dipping the chicken strips in the gravy.

They have underrated fries imo.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I tried their cheese curds for the first time recently and was genuinely shocked at how good they were.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Never actually been there for anything other than ice cream... we have one right down the street from work. Should I give it a shot one of these days?

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Dairy Queen closest to me is kinda run down and outdoor only. It's also next to the only Foster Freeze (also run down) and Weinerschnitzel (also kinda run down), but in their defense, they are on the old side of town and in the "ghetto".

Last time I tried DQ, the food wasn't bad, but I don't think I could get my self to back without a really good reason.

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
I had one of their burgers for the first time a few months back and it was the worst burger I think I've ever had. I'm sure it's just my location but I'm not itching to go back.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I don't know about forgotten, but I don't eat a lot of ice cream and go to DQ just about as often. When I do I always get a butterscotch dip cone. I wish more places had butterscotch.

Another thing I'm a fan of that I don't get much is a Sonic lemonade with blackberries added.

As far as actual food goes? I'm a sucker for the BK spicy nuggets when they are around. Not because they are good necessarily, but for the price it hits the spot surprisingly well.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, Dairy Queen is the bomb. Best fast food dessert menu in the business. And thankfully they're still fairly ubiquitous here in Texas.

The franchise owner in Fort Worth noped out a few months ago, closing quite a few of them including several brand new locations. No one has reopened them.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Dairy Queen, really, really depends on the ownership/management of the local store. You've got ones that are great and basically community pillars in small towns or ones where they have two people doing everything in the whole restaurant and it's dirty as fuck.

This is too true. I love Dairy Queen but all the ones around me don't even have non dessert items anymore.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Dairy Queen in one of only 2 places I have ever gotten food poisoning. I do think it depends heavily on who the manager is and what kind of corporate oversight there is.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I used to get the spicy chicken tenders meal and a cheesecake blizzard as a kid. Love the spicy/warm food paired with cold ice cream.

I haven't lived near one with actual food for a while though.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
The franchise owner in Fort Worth noped out a few months ago, closing quite a few of them including several brand new locations. No one has reopened them.

maybe because i grew up in a small TX town but seems to me a DQ in an urban/suburban sprawl location just totally clashes with the business model.

like it was the place to go to after school because you were in bumfuck nowhere and what else is there to do, or you're on a roadtrip and like a Buc-ees you just have to make a stop

they opened up a 'modern' pimped out DQ by my house and i was like no way in hell this stays open 3-5 years. drove past it the other day and yup it's dead jim

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
Dairy Queen burgers are criminally slept on.

Everyone acts like the burger space is McDonalds versus Carl's Jr./Hardee's versus Jack in the Box versus your regional spot (In-And-Out/Burgerville/Whataburger/etc).

But DQ is out there knocking it out of the park, and all everyone wants to talk about is Blizzards and soft serve cones.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The DQ near me sucks. Stale buns, sloppily dressed burgers, limp fries.
But their nuggies are good.