• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I cant imagine a world where I wouldn't use one lol. Grew up with a family (and culture) that uses water all the time. Ages ago in school, I straight up told some kid (in front of my whole class) who was making fun of me for using a water bottle that my but is prob cleaner than his face. Dude never brought it up again.

RobertM

Oct 31, 2017
I wish I could get one but my mom's convinced it'll make our water bill skyrocket which even if true, we'll be spending less on toilet paper to counter that.
It high pressure water, very low water usage. Better for the environment, your ass, and savings on paper.

The fuck is OP wiping his ass for 10 minutes for, no matter what, it would not be totally clean.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Been using since I was a kid, I think it's been 16 years now.
It's a game changer for sure.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
It high pressure water, very low water usage. Better for the environment, your ass, and savings on paper.
Yea but she's one of those people who refuses to budge on preconceived notions. I had to make numerous calculations and show them to her just to change our lightbulbs to save us money.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Public bidets in Japan were kind of gross. Most were heated seats, like I don't want to feel some other persons ass heat on the seat even though it is artificial. Also they take longer, and one time I really needed to go and the guy in front of me spent like 4 minutes washing.

I did like them in private, it was nice.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I use a combination of a bidet and wet wipes, but yeah, the bidet was definitely a game-changer. As far as the amount of toilet paper you WERE using, yeah, that's why I've pretty much always just preferred to shower immediately afterward, though that obviously means I have a strict schedule for that sort of thing.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
100% totally serious and I literally have the receipts to prove it... I was spending abaout $15 per month on toilet paper.

I just needed a lot of wiping... and keep in mind all that wiping includes having to return to the bathroom to re-wipe because the first attempt didn't take

ow4L6YXcHCsrQiLvLanm0KBIAfS9LTI7wxUI9fD04tw.jpg

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, my toto washlet also has the drying mechanism, but meh, I don't think it really does anything and this shouldn't be a surprise to anybody but if you take a hair dryer and point it at your asshole after you just pushed a poop out, the hot air -- literally -- smells like shit. So ... yeah I just use a small folded over piece of TP anyway, because I also want to validate the work of the bidet anyway. Occassionally, I'd say like 1 out of 10 times, the bidet does not clean thoroughly.

This was me as well.

The bidet changed everything.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
If you are interested in the cleaning power of bidet but don't want to modify your toilet or can't for some other reason (my wife resisted for years), these travel bidets are actually really effective:

Here's the HappyPoo Butt Shower... it's like $10.

The Original HAPPYPO Butt Shower from The German Version of Shark Tank in Several Colours I The Easy-Bidet 2.0 Replaces Wet Wipes and Shower Toilet I Portable Travel Bidet with Travel Bag - - Amazon.com

The Original HAPPYPO Butt Shower from The German Version of Shark Tank in Several Colours I The Easy-Bidet 2.0 Replaces Wet Wipes and Shower Toilet I Portable Travel Bidet with Travel Bag - - Amazon.com

Try it out, it works very well, about as well as my regular bidet. If your toilet is near the sink it's easy to refill for a second arctic blast, as well.

You wipe first like normal, bidet is for the squeaky cleanup.

I use the bidet first to do the heavy lifting. Why waste the TP? And then I use TP to validate the proof of work from the bidet and dry up.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I use the bidet first to do the heavy lifting. Why waste the TP? And then I use TP to validate the proof of work from the bidet and dry up.
In my experience the bidet just splashes and smears the poop around. I don't trust the bidet to get the job done every time… a 1% failure rate is unacceptable for this job lol.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
OP, can you make a video showing how much toilet paper you used to use? I don't want to see your naked nethers, just the absurd amounts of TP spent. I think we need this to assess the situation properly.

OP
OP
SneakyBadger

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
If you are interested in the cleaning power of bidet but don't want to modify your toilet or can't for some other reason (my wife resisted for years), these travel bidets are actually really effective:

Here's the HappyPoo Butt Shower... it's like $10.

Try it out, it works very well, about as well as my regular bidet. If your toilet is near the sink it's easy to refill for a second arctic blast, as well
dude I was actually considering something like this just because I'm a lazy ass and didn't want to install a full bidet lol... I'll definitely have to try it next time I travel at least

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
I desperately want one after having lived in Japan but there's no electrical socket near our toilet and I have no idea how to install one or connect the bidet to the water pipes. We rent an apartment so we can't really make any big changes to our bathroom either. The water basin is hidden behind a wall :(.

Maybe I'll go for one of those portable HappyPo things while we figure this out. My only issue with those portable ones is, can you use it without getting water over it or your hand? And where do you keep it when you're done using it?

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I desperately want one after having lived in Japan but there's no electrical socket near our toilet and I have no idea how to install one or connect the bidet to the water pipes. We rent an apartment so we can't really make any big changes to our bathroom either. The water basin is hidden behind a wall :(.

Maybe I'll go for one of those portable HappyPo things while we figure this out. My only issue with those portable ones is, can you use it without getting water over it or your hand? And where do you keep it when you're done using it?
Not all bidet are electrical, there are non electrical bidet attachments like this one below.

qjPys2B.png

I don't have any plumbing knowledge nor done plumbing before but I install the attachment on mine with no problems, just follow the instructions if it is included.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't fathom not having a bidet. Only problem with having a bidet is that if you're ever forced to shit without it no amount of wiping will make you feel clean.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I see now why they call this bidet the Neo.... because once you use it you realize you've been living in the friggin matrix your whole life. The first time I finished, I heard opera music and I thought the bidet had some built in music feature I didn't know about... turns out it was actually my butthole singing because it was truly happy for the first time.
Thanks for the laugh

OP
OP
SneakyBadger

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017

Nah bro I consider myself to be shit with basic "handyman" stuff around the home, but installing a bidet was easy for me. I live in an apartment too. Most bidets aren't electrical and installation only takes 10-15 minutes with a wrench, screwdriver, and youtube video.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Not all bidet are electrical, there are non electrical bidet attachments like this one below.

qjPys2B.png

I don't have any plumbing knowledge nor done plumbing before but I install the attachment on mine with no problems, just follow the instructions if it is included.
Nah bro I consider myself to be shit with basic "handyman" stuff around the home, but installing a bidet was easy for me. I live in an apartment too. Most bidets aren't electrical and installation only takes 10-15 minutes with a wrench, screwdriver, and youtube video.
Well the thing is gonna need water from somewhere right? There's nothing I could connect it to. The pipes and stuff are sealed off behind a wall 😔

Oct 28, 2017
I just needed a lot of wiping... and keep in mind all that wiping includes having to return to the bathroom to re-wipe because the first attempt didn't take

Wtf... 😅 I think you might have some form of chronic constipation. If you are wiping that much it's a sign that you are not getting everything out.

Om topic, my girlfriend really wants a bidet, but I'm not quite there yet. I'm open to it, but still haven't quite felt great using one. I imagine it will happen in time though.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Just got a tushy and it's going pretty good. Have a long standing fissure and it's helping a lot with that. For me it's low to mid power then a wipe to double check. The wipe is wet at that point as well not as skin irritating

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I read this in Tuca's voice (from Tuca & Bertie). I guess your writing style just came off like her lol.
4b80887678fff92b916d800ba5039c6ef1-tuca-and-bertie.2x.rsocial.w600.jpg

kristmen

Sep 22, 2020
Am I correct in saying that In the UK it's pronounced like "chicken filet"?

Like "Chicken Bidet".