• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EAUA

Banned
Nov 8, 2019
User Banned (permanent): troll account
Basically I have written a cinematic universe. I'm going to sell the universe and use the money to fund a global general strike.

What are we striking for?

A Global Green New Deal.

What is The Global Green New Deal? The Global Green New Deal is legislative framework that lays out a plan to help solve climate change. The plan is for 1st world countries to redistribute their wealth towards the global south to help the poorer countries afford to invest in green energy.

There is a problem though. There is no way the Global Green New Deal can pass in the United States. America's powers structure, media and politicians are center right. There is no way they would allow a left wing idea like The Global Green New Deal to pass without being forced.

The only way we can force the US and other countries to pass The Global Green New Deal is with a Global General Strike.

What is a General Strike?

A general strike is a coordinated work stoppage among multiple industries as part of a larger collective bargaining process. Basically we stop working until we get what we want. Now imagine that on a global scale.

This was the revolution Bernie was talking about.

The problem is that it's going to take money.

To put it simply, we are going to have to raise a lot of money. This revolution is going to take a lot of funds. We're going to have to spend cash on advertising, security, mutual aid, strike funds, employees and construction of field offices around the world, in under 5 years. The more money we have the faster we can work.

The quickest way to a billion dollars is a cinematic universe. We're in the era of the streaming wars and original content is the hottest commodity on the market. However I need to raise money to produce art for each story in my universe. That's the only way the sale is going to work.

Global Warming isn't the only thing at stake. A general strike is the only path towards Medicare 4 All, or a UBI, Minimum Wage Increase, etc. I'm not saying we should abandon electoral politics, but we should recognize it's limits.

mod edit: we do not allow for users to use the site as a fundraising tool
mod edit 2: I put back everything but the links to the go-fund me

Last edited by a moderator:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
just as long as you're not writing a 21st Century Bible that reads like an episode of Family Guy

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
You really gonna try and raise money for a Green New Deal cinematic universe? 2.5 million dollars even?

Oct 27, 2017
Unless advanced nuclear power (i.e., gen iv+ MSRs and future fusion reactors) is at the heart of your green new deal action plan, it's not feasible at scale with renewables alone in their current state.

Technology is what really changes the world (see industrial revolutions). Let's accelerate this technology's research, development, and commercialization, and then, you'll see some real change for the better.

Remember people, the devil is in the details. And no one wants to admit they don't know shit about the details.

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
"I Figured Out How to Save the World."

wait for it....

"Basically I have written a cinematic universe. I'm going to sell the universe and use the money to fund a global general strike."

wait for itttt.....

"The problem is that it's going to take money."

ooooh alllmost there....

"Here is my plan, and a description of each episode of my cinematic universe."

Capture.jpg

There it is!

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
If you're going to grift, you might as well do it globally.

And greenly.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Not gonna lie I'd pay a few bucks for an animated gif with a dog in it.

You wanna donate half of it to some undisclosed but totally legitimate environmental charity?

(are we doing it right?)

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Just leave the money in a paperbag at the bench in the park right?

MarkN

Oct 13, 2018
Is it wrong to ask a general age range for the op?

This reads like a coked up college freshmen after his first economics class

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
We'll all remember this thread when the Bernie Cinematic Universe saves the world.

Posting to say I was here when it all changed for planet Earth.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the budget for iron man 1 was 140 million

add another 100 mil or so for marketing

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be forwarding all of the money I receive for my services here to this endeavor.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Who's playing the lead?

With this budget, you can afford like, one Frankie Muniz or like TEN dogs from the Air Bud cinematic universe.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok between this and the wife/sex with a friend thread we are well past "too early for weekend-era"

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I love how the mods have left this open even after the OP was banned solely so everyone can have a good laugh at this because holy shit

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like folks are dismissing the power of storytelling. Even from the synopsis I can tell they're going to make it big and promote a new consciousness that will facilitate the GLOBAL GENERAL STRIKE.

Here's my plan.

I've created a cinematic universe and I'm going to sell it and use the money to fund a The Global General Strike.

The cinematic universe has a working title of "THE INEVITABLE ENDS"

The following are descriptions of each episode
THE OLD COLOSSUS -
The Colossi are a race of mysterious bio-technical giants that rule over the frozen tundra of Africa.

Humans have waged war for centuries trying to decipher the Colossal language structure.

One day a scout comes across an injured baby Colossus…
QUEEN LEGEND -
In search of his love Bilquis, King Solomon opens a rift into the multiverse and incurs the wrath of a legion of renegade angels collectively known as the Elohim. The Elohim believe that free will is a sin upon god, so they have taken it upon themselves to "regulate" the multiverse.

THE GOLDEN AGE -
After a near death experience Mansa Musa immediately pools all of his resources together to renovate The University of Sankoré. The upgraded facilities quickly attract the world's most gifted Magi.

The University becomes a flashpoint in the proxy war between the Magi and The Old Gods.
RED AND WHITE -
The tribes of the Iroquois Confederacy have discovered a form of magic called "Shadow Walking" which allows the spell caster to summon spirit animals. The tribes descend into civil war over questions of which side to take during the American Revolution and whether they should share their magical discovery.

LOWER THAN HEAVEN -
The legendary pirate lordess Ching Shih is enjoying her autumn years until the Chinese government convinces her to sail one last voyage to secure a monopoly on a resource that is located on an island that mysteriously appears on the South China Sea.

FOR CROWN OR COUNTRY -
A young woman finds out the hard way that it's almost impossible to be a bachelorette while being possessed by the Hindu Goddess of destruction, Kali.

O'HARA -
A runaway slave finds out that she has the ability to physically manifest her trauma into giant wolf spirit. This causes the Confederate Army to commission the worlds best assassins to neutralize her..

HOME OF THE BRAVES -
A police officer with a mysterious past stumbles on to a conspiracy that revolves around her time in the Indian residential school system.

(There's about 20 of these synopsis on the banned link)