• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While there are a handful of AAA VR titles, there's also seemingly an overwhelming amount of smaller, quirkier experiences, or tertiary modes and mods available for other Non-VR games.

I can only speak personally, but that's my biggest apprehension for diving into VR. I'd like to make the jump this Christmas, but part of me wonders how often I'd actually use it? From some people I know who are VR owners, until recently their headsets have often sat and gathered dust.

To me it feels like a Game Pass with a variety of VR experiences would make it seem less risky to jump into. I'd like to try Beat Saber, but I don't know if I really like rhythm games. I'd like to try a variety of shootera, but I don't know if each of their unique takes on VR interaction is good or doesn't make me motion sick (A problem I've read about Bone Works in particular).

I've mostly enjoyed VR as a party game type thing, and it'd be great to have easy access to a variety of those small experiences like the odd horror game, or some assymetrical multiplayer experiences. Like how Jackbox is fun not just because of one really good game, but because there's a plethora in each pack to jump around.

I mean, duh, a Game Pass model is pretty much awesome no matter where it's implemented, but I just feel like VR is really calling for it.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This already exists, it's called VivePort Infinity.

www.resetera.com

HTC announces Vive Port Infinity -- "the netflix of VR"

Viveport was a janky piece of crap that brought with it a bunch of shitty problems upon install last time I checked in on it a few months back - is that still the case or have they ironed out the performance issues and the fact it required a load of extra manual work to remove it from your...

It works on all headsets, including Oculus Quest.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
That's what I've wanted from Sony.

There are too many VR games I want to try, but I can't buy all of them.

If they somehow get MS Mixed Reality Headsets working on the Series X + Game Pass? That would be fucking great!

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
There are no PSVR games on PS Now for some reason but you aren't wrong.

Only if they allowed you to download those games... because streaming them on the PS4 would be a nope.

Edit- before I get quoted again, I believed you can't download every PS4 game. Was wrong. You can, it's PS3 games you can't download.

Man I might need to get PS Now with the $60 for a year deal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This already exists, it's called VivePort Infinity.

www.resetera.com

HTC announces Vive Port Infinity -- "the netflix of VR"

Viveport was a janky piece of crap that brought with it a bunch of shitty problems upon install last time I checked in on it a few months back - is that still the case or have they ironed out the performance issues and the fact it required a load of extra manual work to remove it from your...

It works on all headsets, including Oculus Quest.

unless I'm just missing something altogether, this thread seems light on info? Has this launched? I haven't heard about it until now but some people are talking about a 5 game sub plan?

Only if they allowed you to download those games... because streaming them on the PS4 would be a nope.

I was under the impression you could download every PS Now game on console

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
unless I'm just missing something altogether, this thread seems light on info? Has this launched? I haven't heard about it until now but some people are talking about a 5 game sub plan?

Yes, it's been out for a long while:

VIVEPORT Infinity | VR Games, Apps, & Videos.

Get the most out of VR with Infinity. Compatible with HTC VIVE, Oculus Rift, and most PC VR headsets.

Unfortunately the Viveport store doesn't have beat saber specifically, but they have a lot of great VR stuff on there like ToTheTop and SuperHot VR and Arizona Sunshine.

2b_miner

Mar 7, 2019
i honestly cannot afford a VR machine right now and am dying to play HL Ayx, if only the price could be made more consumer friendly, I would dive in....

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i honestly cannot afford a VR machine right now and am dying to play HL Ayx, if only the price could be made more consumer friendly, I would dive in....

you can buy a used Dell Windows VR headset on ebay for about $100. Hands down the cheapest headset that can play Half Life Alyx perfectly fine.

at one point in 2017 HP was giving away VR headsets with the purchase of a $500 PC.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
It's a problem with PSVR that most of the games and experiences are maybe a good £10 more than what I would value them at. Even The Room VR looks amazing but I'm not paying £25 for it as it's a one and done experience. I also get a headache from using my PSVR for any great length of time so the cost is doubly off putting. Would love to see some VR games go into Now.

Oct 25, 2017

I was under the impression you could download every PS Now game on console
The limited game plan was an old version of the service that no longer exists because nobody wanted it (quite understandable).

Now it's a VR game pass. European price is €15/month for monthly or €10/month if you sign up for 12 months at once.

VIVEPORT Infinity | VR Games, Apps, & Videos.

Get the most out of VR with Infinity. Compatible with HTC VIVE, Oculus Rift, and most PC VR headsets.