• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Florida's unemployment system was completely gutted by Rick Scott and can't handle the load of new applicants. It couldn't handle a regular number of applicants and was designed to be as frustrating as possible to make it so unemployed people would have no safety net and would do anything they could to appease their bosses and not get fired, or take awful jobs. Since the government has decreed that the state is to reopen, despite not being ready, there is no alternative but to go to work and get a life threatening illness. Florida is a microcosm for how all of the US is a failed corporate plutocracy.
Lots of facts here.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Jesus I hope every person that was in that bar that night is getting tested. GOD these red states are going to be a full blown disaster by fall at this rate.

And we currently have nine states that are now reporting record-high jumps. Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina & Texas.

It's going to get much worse during flu season.

Last edited:

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
536d1337f76650b72d70b042de76e523.jpg

MickeyShaban

User requested temporary ban
Nov 11, 2019
This is in my neck of the woods. Duuuuuvaaaaaal

I've been to that bar before, nice place. But this is beyond dumb

Darth Karja

Oct 25, 2017
If 16 out of 16 people who went got it, then almost every single person who's been to the bar probably has too.

Imagine the 60k plus people who're going to the Trump rally, then bringing it home to their friends and loved ones...
Do people that go to Trump Rally's have friends or loved ones?

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
People keep thinking it's over because everything is reopening and people are going back to work. The government is just sending people to die so number goes up. While I'm upset at the casual stupidity and indifference of those who are being careless like this, I'm much angrier at our governments and businesses who are ready to sacrifice us like cattle.

America is a failed state.

Last edited:

Hale-XF11

Dec 8, 2017
Now I wait to hear how Wisconsin's doing since bars have been packed with people the past 2 weekends.

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
I know everyone is in a state of despair as it is but for many state's we're just seeing the beginning. There's going to be a lot of people dying and they are going to be the poorest and most marginalized. The wealthy know this, which is why their propaganda machine is on overdrive convincing people to leave quarantine and go to work and spend money. We need a longer quarantine and another stimulus check. We need a freeze on Rent and Mortgages. We're going to have mass graves otherwise. For all the complaints about the protests, they are necessary to pressure the government to stop being white supremacist and anti-working class.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, some don't care. My sister literally said she doesn't care if she gets in and spreads it to at risk people because it's not her fault at risk people put themselves at risk through a lifestyle of poor choices. Our elderly and obese mother lives with her, too. And though we live in different states, my 11 year old son has asthma so she sent me some bs article about how people with asthma who get it aren't more at risk for complications.

Oof, your sister does not sound like the greatest person from that description.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I am glad I moved out of that state 5 years ago. It's only gotten worse.

I used to live in Jacksonville.

Me too. I moved back to Hampton Roads in Virginia about 8 years ago (I live in Hampton). Only my sister, brother-in-law & their two children lives in Jacksonville now.

At least around here, everyone's required to wear face masks unless they have a medical condition in which they can't wear one & had to have a written note from a nurse or a doctor, thanks to Ralph Northam's executive order. And most restaurants are takeout only, no dine-in.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
That response is the best we can hope for. Maybe others will learn from their foolish mistake.

And the NBA needs to abandon their Florida plan immediately. They are headed for some real shit now and in a month because DeSantis fucked up big time.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oof, your sister does not sound like the greatest person from that description.
Definitely not. She's one of those sandy hook and 9/11 conspiracy theorist, too. It's frustrating because she was super excited about Obama's first election. Then some how turned libertarian and I don't think she's coming back.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
My wife's family just bought a fucking gym membership to use their pool. I'm trying to convince them to not fucking kill themselves over a goddamn pool.

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
Jesus I hope every person that was in that bar that night is getting tested. GOD these red states are going to be a full blown disaster by fall at this rate.

And we currently have nine states that are now reporting record-high jumps. Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina & Texas.

It's going to get much worse during flu season.

I hope someone is assessing and monitoring the cost these dumbasses will incur upon federal taxpayers. Maybe it's cold, but at this point they're saying they don't give a fuck, and I at the very least want to see a receipt of the results of their actions.

Oct 27, 2017
Great timing. My family is going to be in JAX this month after my wife has been under self-quarantine for four months.

Looks like we won't be leaving the inlaws house

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I for one am SHOCKED that the medical experts weren't just lying about this and its actually real.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Normally I'd sympathize with a victim of an event who advocates for something similar not happening again, but this is them knowing full well what they were getting into, not giving a shit because they wanted to party and are now facing the clear consequences of something they could've avoided. No sympathy from me.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
www.news4jax.com

Woman, 15 friends test positive for coronavirus after night out at Lynch’s

Erika Crisp and more than a dozen of her friends became ill with COVID-19 after visiting Lynch's Irish Pub earlier this month.

She's a healthcare worker and didn't wear a mask at the bar.
How stupid can you be?

I'm not even surprised anymore. I have a former coworker from a decade ago, we worked together in fast food when we were in our late teens/early twenties and we've remained Facebook friends over the years though we haven't talked in at least a decade. Once in awhile someone might like a post or something, but that's about it. Still, you see posts now and then and I know a few years ago she got her nursing degree and she's now working in a hospital in our hometown.

This weekend someone posted a bunch of pictures she was tagged in of probably 20 people who look to be in their 20s or so hanging out on a boat getting drunk. Everyone on top of each other, no distance, nowhere to go. Obviously no masks. I was actually pretty shocked for a moment, both because she's a freaking nurse, and because the her I remember was a smart girl, but again, its been a decade.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana has been going full steam ahead with re-opening and I never see anyone wearing a mask. Occasionally an elderly person, but that's it.

It's fucking insane. People are acting like the state re-opening stuff means it's all over. My girlfriend's friend keeps pressuring her to come out to restaurants, and have us all go on double dates and shit but I just keep saying fuck no. One of my friends keeps messaging our group chat too, saying we all need to go out and we need to meet his newborn baby. I just keep telling him I'd rather not kill his kid with COVID.

Yes, people are being dumbasses, but a lot of blame lies with the government. They're kind of giving the signal that we're clear and everyone should go out now.

There are a couple breweries I'm looking forward to going back to but I really don't get the rush. Just buy some drinks at a liquor store for much cheaper and drink with friends in like a park or by the river or on a beach. I mean they're in Florida!
The local brewery I regularly go to has been open for walk-up growler refills throughout the pandemic, so I've still been going there to fill mine up occasionally.

They just re-opened the patio this month, but fuck that, I'll just keep getting my refills.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
have we as a nation ever needed to really act, responsible? I've just been thinking about this.

I think this is the first time where we have to do something against our fredoms to prevent mass deaths. We rarely have to sacrifice much.... I don't know if that's the right way to phrase it. We've just sort of been blowing things up and celebrating not having to conform too much...

Anyone know what im trying to say?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
have we as a nation ever needed to really act, responsible? I've just been thinking about this.

I think this is the first time where we have to do something against our fredoms to prevent mass deaths. We rarely have to sacrifice much.... I don't know if that's the right way to phrase it.

Anyone know what im trying to say?
I get what you're saying. So much of it comes down to leadership, and a government that takes in seriously. Other countries are making the same sacrifices in the same situation, and are handling it better because their leaders are...leading. It can't be overstated how damaging Trumps inaction and ambivalence is

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I get what you're saying. So much of it comes down to leadership, and a government that takes in seriously. Other countries are making the same sacrifices in the same situation, and are handling it better because their leaders are...leading. It can't be overstated how damaging Trumps inaction and ambivalence is

I feel like you'd have the same issues with president Hillary. Liberals and Conservatives are both acting completely stupid right now, and its not for a lack of knowing. The facts are pretty basic here. Its a virus that's killing us, and yet, we've got anti-maskers across t he nation. You can't tell us what to do is sort of the unifying message. Not until it happens to you, then you start crying.

I can't think of us as a nation coming together for a goal like this really... for anything really. Our individual freedom is like deeply ingrained in us as Americans.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
These people can fuck off. Who knew a highly infectious disease that never went away is still a risk?

Stopping the spread of this disease is a group effort and I'm sick of these colossally stupid assholes going out and ruining it for all of us while I spend an entire fucking year cooped up in my tiny apartment and overheating from wearing face masks all day at work. Fuck these people. They should be publicly shamed for how stupid they are.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Hope all the people that will die from Covid19 was worth the outing, going to theme parks, going to beach to tan so you can look like brown people.