• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 30, 2019
Not likely, I came from a poor, working class background, I feel out of place in posh places.
Jim-Halpert-Classy.jpg

And yet my good Count, you have yet to realize that being classy is more of an attitude. One which you so naturally possess.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Isn't the whole point to get a composed bite? You want all the flavors and textures to combine together in order to have the optimal burger experience.

Op, when you eat a salad do you pick out each ingredient individually and then eat them one by one?

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
I swear, these are tag fishing threads in disguise.

I don't understand any other reason so many people make threads like these to openly admit their deviant behavior.

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
Ok I read the title as Burglars not Burgers, so was expecting someting weird, BUT not this weird.... Eating a burger with a knife and fork?..you are one sick individual.

The 'process of breaking them down' was the bit I was really interested in, you know, just in case I have to deal with a burglar.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
I went to a place yesterday that had a big-ass burger that was way taller than it was wide, and I used a knife and fork for the first time -- not to eat the burger, but to cut the patty in half and remove the bottom half of it so I could then actually eat the thing with my hands. When I finished, I hid the uneaten part of the patty under a napkin to cloak my shame.

It was good, but the burger was too damn high!

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not knocking you for eating it that way, because sometimes those burgers are absurdly huge, but I am knocking you for eating each part on its own. When the designer of the burger normally wants you to eat all of those items in one bite to taste how they wanted it to taste.
As long as you aren't like criticizing it when you know you are eating it differently, I don't see the issue.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I'll cut a burger in half and eat it one half at a time. That's as weird as I get about eating burgers though. I have had to eat them with a fork and knife when too messy.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
Look, eating burger with a knife and fork is fine. I don't do it but it's fine.

But eating the goddamn bun, on its own, at first? Madness.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hate this burger trend where you can't even eat them with your mouth because they are too big. Shit trend.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I won't judge you. I do the same due to having braces. Makes it easier to be honest.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
Depends on the burger for me.

At a fast food place I'd just use my hands, but at a fancier burger place/restaurant I'd use a knife and fork since they fall apart easier.

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
First thing I do is take bun off and put it to one side, I normally eat that first, then I will eat the veg or extras if there any. Then I will begin to cut apart and eat the burger itself.

whats the point of having a burger if you don't eat all the ingredients in a bite? They are combined together for a reasons. Not to be consumed separately from one another.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I have a friend who orders the Spicy Chicken from Wendy's plain, and then takes it out of the bun and dips it into BBQ sauce like a giant chicken tender, and I'm not gonna pretend I haven't cut up a burger to make it more manageable before, but

That's not a burger. That's eating a meat patty with lettuce and bread on the side.

This! Not to go all Ratatouille on you but like:

If you don't try all the ingredients in one bite, what's the point?
I'm not knocking you for eating it that way, because sometimes those burgers are absurdly huge, but I am knocking you for eating each part on its own. When the designer of the burger normally wants you to eat all of those items in one bite to taste how they wanted it to taste.
That's really weird, because burgers are one of those foods that are so good BECAUSE of their ingredient combinations. Bun, beef, cheese, etc. These things individually are nothing special, but they sing as an ensemble.

To eat them separately does the burger a huge injustice.

You might as well order a sirloin steak and a side salad with a piece of garlic bread!

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm personally of the opinion that if a burger or sandwich is too big to be eaten comfortably with your hands without shit spilling out or falling apart than that's a failure of whoever came up with that particular burger/sandwich. If I wanted something I had to eat with a fork and knife, there are a ton of things I'd choose before settling on burger

Diablos54

Oct 26, 2017
Knife and fork I can allow (Not that I would ever!), but eating a burger separately? The hell is the point even having a burger?! Just have some meat, salad and a bit of garlic bread or something

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i dont think ive ever eaten any sort of sandwich/burger/sub/hotdog/panini where the first thing i do is eat the bread

Diablos54

Oct 26, 2017
Dude everyone's chill, most of us just think it's strange is all. Why post anything if you're just gonna complain about peoples reactions (Which you must have know would be like this?)

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude everyone's chill, most of us just think it's strange is all. Why post anything if you're just gonna complain about peoples reactions (Which you must have know would be like this?)
Yah..seriously. You must have known this is pretty odd as hell before posting, and people are going to react accordingly. Nobody is asking you to change, we honestly don't care other than having a good laugh.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
This.

The point is they all go together.

My wife does this sometimes with breakfast sandwiches and the like. She eats the top muffin, then the egg and then sausage and then the bottom bun. My younger daughter also does this sometimes.

It's just weird.
Hahaha I do the exact opposite, if I get the Deluxe Breakfast from McDonald's, all the side stuff (sausage, egg, bacon, hash brown) can be put onto the English muffin it comes with for a breakfast sandwich with a side of pancakes. Flavor harmony is where it's at!

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
It's meant to be eaten together though, matter of cohesion and balanced taste. For huge burgers I eat a few bites, then just eat the meat and not the bread.