• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Some people will probably think this is weird, but that's fine, we all have our quirks, unless I'm in a fast food chain which doesn't offer cutlery, I use a fork and knife to eat burgers.

Especially big ones full of loads of veg, tomatoes and multiple patties and the like. First thing I do is take bun off and put it to one side, I normally eat that first, then I will eat the veg or extras if there any. Then I will begin to cut apart and eat the burger itself.

So much better than using my hands especially for bigger burgers. It also keeps my hands clean.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Seems normal at a restaurant. Those burgers are often way too big.

Edit: Knife and fork is relatively normal, the way you are dissecting and eating stuff separately is not.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't you just eat it as it comes using your hands? I have never seen someone use a knife and fork to eat a burger.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't do the knife and fork thing but I do like to deconstruct sandwiches/burgers and eat the pieces separately.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Most I've seen people do is cut them in half so they can easily get it in their mouths. I also like to see that cross-section too.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Do you, Count. Not my style. Getting messy and having a bit of everything in each bite is part of a burger's charm but whatever makes one happy.

Pizza, however, I will mock and point and laugh at utensil users.

Edit: What about sliders?

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Hey, if it works, I guess.

Seems a little odd to physically deconstruct an item that was assembled for hands-free consumption.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I was ready to back you with the knife and fork as I have TMJ issues and opening my mouth for a huge burger can be a problem...

...but you eat the bun by itself?

Oct 25, 2017
You do you. I sometimes do it. I usually cut it in half at the very least. Eating the bun separately sounds weird but w/e. I think using hands on food is weird even after washing. I still do it. w/e

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Some people will probably think this is weird, but that's fine, we all have our quirks, unless I'm in a fast food chain which doesn't offer cutlery, I use a fork and knife to eat burgers.

Especially big ones full of loads of veg, tomatoes and multiple patties and the like. First thing I do is take bun off and put it to one side, I normally eat that first, then I will eat the veg or extras if there any. Then I will begin to cut apart and eat the burger itself.

So much better than using my hands especially for bigger burgers. It also keeps my hands clean.

I don't eat the bread and only eat the rest with a knife and fork, so nothing to be shamed over, OP. :)

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
I'll usually cut them in two or fourths depending on size, since most buns seem to shrink as you handle them and it's easier to put part of it away for eating later if necessary.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
That's really weird, because burgers are one of those foods that are so good BECAUSE of their ingredient combinations. Bun, beef, cheese, etc. These things individually are nothing special, but they sing as an ensemble.

To eat them separately does the burger a huge injustice.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I cut them in half sometimes if they're too big.
By deconstructing it you're no longer eating a burger! Might as well go with a steak.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I also prefer knife and fork (has to be a good knife though). I just don't like having whole face covered in burger sauce/mayo/whatever.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a0Fc536.jpg

What about when there is a pick in it? I never understood if I'm supposed to remove it

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Especially big ones full of loads of veg, tomatoes and multiple patties and the like. First thing I do is take bun off and put it to one side, I normally eat that first, then I will eat the veg or extras if there any.

I occasionally do this too, so you're not alone. Mostly with fast food burgers, and mainly stems from it being a way to make the meal last longer since I tend to shove food down my throat fairly fast.

Mar 30, 2019
I just use my hands, but I'm intrigued by the high civility of eating a burger with fork and knife. I would savor such an occasion with my most elegant evening wear and top hat. Of course daintily piercing with silver cutlery the perfectly cooked premium gourmet patty. Pinky claw out of course for extra sophisication. Thus leaving my savage brethren by the wayside. *Scoff!*

OP
OP
Lightning Count
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
I just use my hands, but I'm intrigued by the high civility of eating a burger with fork and knife. I would savor such an occasion with my most elegant evening wear and top hat. Of course daintily piercing with silver cutlery the perfectly cooked premium gourmet patty. Pinky claw out of course for extra sophisication. Thus leaving my savage brethren by the wayside. *Scoff!*

Not likely, I came from a poor, working class background, I feel out of place in posh places.

Oct 27, 2017
It's certainly weird, but you do you. Not like you're forcing others to do it, so there's nothing wrong with how you eat them.

I've ate a burger with a fork before if it starts to fall apart, but that's about the only time. And I don't separate the ingredients. I feel like the combination is what makes it a hamburger.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I am friends with a girl who doesn't like to have her food touch other pieces of food so I'm not surprised there are people who do this.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Hands all the way, no matter how big it is.

My sister "deconstructs" burgers and eats the ingredients one at a time, weird as hell and seems totally antithetical to the whole idea of a burger imo (that you're eating little pieces of all the food together in one gorgeous mouthful).

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
My wife usually takes the bun off and goes knife & fork too.

I always cut my burgers down the middle, always, unless at a fast food place where I can't oir they're too small.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
I'm not knocking you for eating it that way, because sometimes those burgers are absurdly huge, but I am knocking you for eating each part on its own. When the designer of the burger normally wants you to eat all of those items in one bite to taste how they wanted it to taste.