• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they paid someone else to do it and are now in negotiations for how much they will pay them to fix it.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I've just stopped using it, it's that bad. If Sony doesn't want me to buy stuff through the web store they've done a fantastic job achieving it.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
PS4's store is one of the worst designed "shops" I've ever had the pleasure of navigating. You're telling me they somehow made it even worse!? Hahahaha

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
One of the reasons I have stopped buying Playstation games. If they want me to have a miserable experience navigating through their web store then I'm not interested in doing business with them. The old design was bad, but this one is even worse.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
i pray for the web store developers reading this thread

pray with me 🙏🙏🙏

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Getting deja vu making this comment in a similar thread complaining about the store, but again, it makes me wonder what those in power are thinking. Like do they not have anybody testing these interfaces for usability, or do they not care enough and just want something that appears functional. It's clear that those in a position to make these changes have no idea what an optimized store interface should look like. And you'd think they'd want to make it as pleasing and simple to use as possible to encourage spending, as opposed to actively repelling people from wanting to use the store.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
They honestly need to just scrap this new site and start again from scratch. It is hopelessly incompetent and doesn't even look nice. It's minimal without any of the chic-ness of minimalism, it's just basic looking.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's truly terrible. A recent PS+ game (Shadow of the Tomb Raider I think?) literally didn't have an option to just "add to library". You'd click on it, and your options were to download the trial or purchase the ultimate edition. No indication of how to just redeem the full game.

Oct 25, 2017
It is complete garbage and i wouldnt be surprised if it is costing them thousands, if not millions, in sales. It is easily the worst store of the consoles and a complete step down from the previous PSN store regarding many features. Just fucking trash.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
App doesn't even have wishlist. I thought companies would want to make their digital store front as nice as possible to make ppl buy shit.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the new store is a load of shits. The app is terrible, as you can see multiple listing of the same games. The store on PS5 isn't any better either and there is no "deal" tab to browse.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
The fact that there are no screenshots or videos on the product pages is the most baffling thing to me. Like, I want to know what the game looks like. Don't make me go to Youtube or something instead.

As for lack of sorting options, well, that's a Sony standard at this point. Most people who have been in the ecosystem since the PS3 probably have hundreds of owned items and we can't sort them At All. Want to redownload something you bought five years ago? Gotta head over to page 33 of 90 and you have no quick way to get there.

One of the frustrating things about this is that it's in a seemingly random order too. They'll have the super deluxe version of Godfall in the first few items and then, two pages later, you'll find the standard version that you actual want and then four pages after that you'll find the normal digital deluxe version. It makes no sense to me and asks quite a lot of you when you just want a quick scan of a sale and have to look through nine pages of badly sorted massive tiles with the prices missing from them most of the time.

See, this part is hilarious to me, and the PS4 iteration worked the same way: There is some sort of order going on. The games are actually alphabetized, but they're also sorted into 2-5 individual groups. So you'll see the games go from A to Z for a page or two, then go back to A with another set of games, and so on. There is no indication what is grouped and why. I kind of get having ~20 or so things that are sponsored/featured at the top, but I have no clue what all these subsequent groupings are for.

EDIT: Okay, wait, it's not even partially alphabetized anymore. So it's worse now. Just a big ol' grab bag.

Last edited:

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
It's not great, but it works. I think 'I don't understand how Sony launched the store in it's current state' - that statement is a bit hyperbolic should be sort of reserved for the store actually having errors and being broken, not just because it doesn't sort content well.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, it's absolutely trash. Can't believe they made a worse one. You need so many clicks to get to the page you want. The old store wasn't exactly great to begin with, a bit slow, but seviceable.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like when it comes to selling things. i.e., the singular cause of being in strong position in the first place, you'd want to try a bit harder than this.
Why though. PS5 has been selling out and the types of people that are getting a ps5 this early in the game aren't going to care about the web store, they'll deal with whatever. Sony is fully abusing that this won't matter for literally years because the customer base that are the type to early adopt will be willing to suck it up.

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
It's not great, but it works. I think 'I don't understand how Sony launched the store in it's current state' - that statement is a bit hyperbolic should be sort of reserved for the store actually having errors and being broken, not just because it doesn't sort content well.

If I go to the store and click on a game (any game), this is what I get.

DyyfOnB.png

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017

Not being able to sort in an online store is an error.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Cross-post from another thread:

I've found recently that the webstore says I'm logged in, but I am not really. Doesn't show an avatar, doesn't show games I own, or PS+ entitlements. However, I can access my account information. Logging out and back in remedies that. Maybe that is your issue as well?

I find it annoying as hell, as I have to do this every single day (yes, I frequent the store a lot). Currently trying to see if setting some cookie and adblock exceptions fixes it. I added all connected domains to adblock and cookie exceptions, still getting 'half-logged-out'.

That happens to me all the time now. I usually fix it by going into the 'My Library section', and then back to the store.

The store has actual errors, and it's broken.

• Often, prices won't show
  • Often, the 'Add to Cart' button won't show
  • The store will show the user as 'logged in', but then it won't allow the user to do anything with his / her account until one logs out and then back in.
  • "My Playstation" hasn't been updated to show PS5 trophies.

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
It's really tough to navigate and the search function was broken when I last tried to use it. I had to rely on Google search to get to a specific game page.

Nov 9, 2017
My only real complaint was making it so hard to find the Holiday sale items. They almost lost some money from me because I thought the sale had already ended. It is very prominent on the PS4 store, it should not have been hard to implement on the PS5 IMO.

Edit: Oops I thought we were talking about the PS5 store lol

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I understand they tried to use the latest tech but they forgot to do some basic UX testing. For one of the biggest e-commerce platform in the world, it's unacceptable.

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
The old web store had a fantastic page (at least in Europe) that showed ALL new content released that week. Games, bundles, themes, paid DLC, free DLC, everything in one page. It was great to see what was new and feel caught up. It's gone now.

Now I'm completely oblivious to most of the content that is released, especially new DLC*. In fact, I pretty much stopped buying things from the PlayStation Store since the new web store launched, which I suspect is not what Sony intended.

*seriously, try to search for any kind of DLC using the web store. It's a nightmare.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I imagine the global pandemic and the need to have a new web store for PS5 was a big part of it

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I don't get it at all. It's trash.

I want to look at the deals. Half the time or more, when I load the store, there isn't even a tab for it. And can't find it anywhere so I just browse the web store from my phone and that's not exactly a pleasant experience either.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
That happens to me all the time now. I usually fix it by going into the 'My Library section', and then back to the store.
Thanks, that worked for me. Beats logging in with 2fa every time. Wasn't a problem at first, but for me it has been happening since New Year's or so.

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Honestly I just wish they'd scrap this abomination and bring back the old store, while they work on something that is at least functional.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
Yeah, it's embarrassingly bad. It's hard to understand how Sony manages to put so little investment and quality into a service so important to their business. Who wants to spend money on a store that is not intuitive and appealing to browse?

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
The old store was serviceable, the new store is terrible. I don't understand how anyone thought it was somehow an improvement.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Old PSN webstore is God-tier compared to this trash and the old webstore wasn't even that good.

I'm truly baffled by how bad the new webstore is.

chub

Oct 28, 2017
I now only use it once a month to add the PS+ games to my account. It takes me a while to remember where to find the games and what hacks I need to do to get the pages working correctly. Terrible.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Does Sony even care, quite honestly? Their radio silence about how much everyone thinks it sucks says it all. It needs a complete overhaul. I hope whoever they paid to do the web design doesn't get brought back for PS6...

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
It used to be good to go to a product page of a specific game and be able to click "Add-ons" to see what available DLC there is for the game.

Now, you have to know what is already available for the game and also what the DLC is called and search for it individually.

Everything everyone has noted is 100% valid, but the above is my biggest gripe.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I partly believe the web store and the store on the console itself is part of the reason why I haven't touched my ps 5 in a while.

Visiting the store is always part of my flow regardless of the platform. If I turn on the switch, I visit the eshop (estore?), if I turn on an xbox, I visit the store, if I turn on a ps4 I visit the store, if I turn on my pc I visit various stores or websites to look at deals.

But the ps5 store basically was something I dropped pretty fast. So I ended up just not turning the thing on. I think I spent more time on my ps4 over the last month rather than the ps5.