• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
Umbrella by Rihanna is a terrible song(I like her generally)
I think I just hate any of those songs where people acapella a beat or instrument noise if that makes sense (EH EH EH EH)

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018

Yes, for me it ruined the series for a time. RE 1-3 and Veronica was Resident Evil to me. Thank goodness for REmake 2 and 7. The villagers were just annoying saying Mierda over and over. They weren't zombies. Plus it was the beginning of those ridiculous action moves.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That Theravada or 'Indian Buddhism' is more interesting than Tibetan and/or Chinese Buddhism (including Zen)

Blade Runner is overwrought pretentiousness and I could not give a single flying fuck about Batty.

2049 justifies the BR franchise or whatever, but yeah kinda.

If Yuri On Ice wasn't gay no one would give a shit about it. It's a mediocre sports anime with too many side characters and uneven editing.

Perhaps, but it's moot because gay ice skating emotions is a distinct emergent property not subject to analysis into its component parts.

Last edited:

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
American Football
Dr Who
Game streamers
Online Influencers
FPS as a genre
MOBA as a genre
Battle Royale as a genre
Mushrooms
"Who wants it more" as a talking point
Critical Role
Chrono Cross
Metallica
People who think telling me "I took five years of Spanish and I dont remember anything LOL" is a good use of their time

I can go on. Its not healthy

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Metallica past 91 is shit. Metallica's S/T is Nickelback in 1991. Fuck that album.

chiraledge

Oct 25, 2017
Keanu stuff is a bit much right now. (Though I may be biased as I have two FB friends that literally do nothing but post Keanu stuff all day for like all of 2019)

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
  • First-party Nintendo games have controlled like ass since transitioning to 3D. It makes sense that my favorite Nintendo property is a piss-easy turn-based RPG.
  • Professional streamers epitomize everything wrong with gamers. Outside maybe a handful, it's just a barrage of boorish manchildren/cryptofacists being enabled by legions of losers with too much fucking money that could be better spent on--if not charity--literally anything else.
  • Ferraris are boring.
  • Steampunk has never been anything other than an excuse to write about the adventures of aristocratic white people that glue gears to their hats. It is the antithesis of punk.
  • I'd rather listen to djent, blackgaze and nu-metalcore than damn near anything from more reputable sub-genres these days.
  • I don't mind Future, but I cut out the entirety of his verse from "King's Dead". That shit was embarrassing.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I dont like aladdin. The whole movie feels so lazy and awkward and cringe, the set pieces are half done im not sure they even put their heart into the production. Jaffar feels like miscast, so does genie

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, and the Lion King both suck. Yes, even the "classic" animated versions.

Oct 25, 2017
Since it's topical, Toy Story 3 is a lame movie. The main characters' quirks through their lines and their movement feels super subdued, and all the cute moments and fun scenes got cut or stripped down outside of Tortilla Head and Ken. It's like they tried to make the characters more mature, and they were better in 1 when they were screaming at each other half the time or in 2 when they were still kind of figuring out what maturity means. In 3, everyone's kind of boring.

The entirity of 3 doesn't have half the charm of the scene where the toys are just being super excited before their trip to Japan.

Woodie-Coming-out-of-a-box.gif

I'm glad the series is getting a new shot at an ending in 4.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
All regional fast food chains people claim to be heavenly are barely mediocre diner burgers, at best. They're also the most boring fucking topic of discussion on the planet.

Botw was a tech demo of disjointed puzzle rooms barfed onto an empty open world.

Odyssey was a bloated mess that had about 600 too many stars.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Charleston and Savannah both suck. New Orleans is the city both cities wish they were.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Very lukewarm take but the MCU is shitty for the most part. A few average movies and 15 gouge your eyes out boring transformers tier lowest common denominator high budget cgi garbage that for some reason appeals to a great many people. I can't wait til they stop crapping these things out every month some time in 2050.

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dropkick Murphys sound stupid. They sound like utilikilts and shitty beer commercials.

Even their name sucks.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I've never really cared for Harry Potter.

Elder Scrolls, Grand Theft Auto and Uncharted are boring as fuck franchises.

I will never care about Kratos.

I don't like sports that aren't combat sports.

I will never care about Berserk.

Oct 27, 2017
The following all suck:

Dunkirk
Shoplifters
Indiana Jones (series)
Drake
U2
Family Guy and American Dad (even the "good" seasons)
Roma
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Call of Duty 4/MW2/Black Ops 1-4
TES/Fallout series
The Monkees
Hunter x Hunter
Sonic Youth

Lil Wayne was on this list for a while but Tha Carter V is legit

Everything I agree with .. except HxH.

Wtf is wrong with you and this hot take?!

Deleted member 47942

Banned
Sep 20, 2018
Leonardo DiCaprio plays Leonardo DiCaprio in every movie and is one of the most overrated actors working today.

Oct 25, 2017
Michael Schur sitcoms outside of The Office are some twee garbage. New Sincerity my arse; they use the window dressing of wholesomeness to skate past the fact it's all painfully unfunny. And no, The Good Place, handwavingly referring to some Wikipedia article summaries on philosophy topics doesn't make you clever, whether you're a person or a television show.

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
I was struggling to think of something but I guess my hot take is Gengar fucking sucks and Haunter rules and they should be reversed in the evolution chain.

Yea

I've never cared much for a single Playstation exclusive.
Yea except for the Japanese ones. Or more generally, I usually don't find "cinematic" video games to be good. Western Sony studios just seem to really love that sorta thing in particular.

Yeah, ALL beer sucks.
Yea

I fucking hate capitalism.
Yea :c

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
All western RPGs suck. Not like I tried most of them at all, but seeing the battle system in any of them is enough to turn me off immediatly.

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
GoT sucks after the first book/season. All the political/family conflicts are as intricate as a run off the mill chinese court drama of which there are hundreds a year

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Not sure if it's true but from Smash Bros Melee on, it and all subsequent iterations (minus 3DS game) look identical to each other.

And they all look boring as fuck

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the IPA Beer craze. Everyone trying to out do each other. Fuck your IPA. I got a double IPA. Fuck that! I see your double IPA and raise you .I got a double IPA ++!

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Life: Damn near everyone is using hot take wrong and I hate it and I'm about to use it wrong also making me feel like an ass.

TV: GoT early seasons make the series worth watching even with the finale.

Games: PS1RPG > SNESRPG

Anime: Planet With is a drama where the drama is surface level as fuck and everything else is lackluster. Bonus March Comes in like a Lion is also a 3/5 series for similar reasons.