• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe I never did beyond being a kid with sneakers but when I see shirts in my closet with a chest logo or a jacket with an arm logo, pair of jeans, even Levi's red tab, I think to myself I wish these were plain. It's also a bit unfortunate because a label usually has a better fit, cut, quality from what I noticed compared to cheaper supermarket brand stuff but not always, there is nice cuts too. Yeah, I'm over logos, not that I ever bought these things for the logo to my knowledge, maybe blindly thinking it's better quality perhaps but fit and feel is what I go on.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, other than a couple more athletic Adidas pieces I own, it's almost all plain. I feel like it just looks a bit tacky on adults to wear heavily branded clothes

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've become a fan of subtle clothing without logos or graphics in recent years. Just color and a nice material. All I need!

Athletic pants are about the only thing I wear these days with clear branding.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Lots of the highest quality brands don't have obnoxious logos, OP. Might just need to look at other brands. For instance, I tend to buy a lot of Paul Smith which usually avoids logos on the mid/higher-priced garments.

On the other hand I am a big fan of Lacoste polo shirts for summer wear, logo be damned.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
I never liked them. Feel like a walking billboard. I can wear shirts with band logos, political symbols or game related art or something like that if it's something that I feel I can stand for, but I hate brand names front and center.

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Same. I don't wear anything that has words or logos prominently displayed anymore. Haven't since my early 20s.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
The only logo I have on anything is a pocket logo like the Vineyard Vines whale or something. I have a few sports polo's that have Ohio State emblems as well, but outside of that I don't wear anything that isn't plain.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
I've been wearing plain clothes for years and never looked back. Classy and clean.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I like graphic tees if it's something I support or love. I don't think i'll ever totally grow out of band shirts. But otherwise I agree.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Sports jerseys are the only thing I would wear (in the right context, of course) with logos on them. No graphics on my shirts or anything like that, but I do own two PlayStation shirts and a hoodie, though.

shazrobot

Oct 28, 2017
The only thing I'll wear with logos are band shirts. I'll remove branding on pieces I like if possible, if not I'll not wear them. I'll wear brands as soon as companies are paying me to be a walking advertisement.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
They're expensive but I love Robert Barakett t-shirts. Probably my favorite to wear.

Pima cotton mmmmm

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind a design if it's simple or subtle. I've bought a few shirts from Fangamer that were cool looking but not overly busy or annoying or screamed, "HEY LOOK I PLAY VIDEO GAMES." But on the whole, I like solid colors without designs.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
You're gonna miss out on the latest Supreme x North Face collab tomorrow, yo.

ZNwX3A0bQwU.jpg

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with you, I try to pretty hard to find clothes that are either logo-less or are so unknown that even if there is a logo most people don't know what it is... OR they're relatively well hidden.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Supporting sports teams or bands logos are OK, but retail branding I've never liked. If they want free advertising, they should be paying me or at least give away their stuff as a promo. Don't pay them to be a walking billboard for a business corporation.

OP
OP
jelly

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I do have some graphic shirts which are fine, they don't bother me much if they are for casual messing about.

Easystride

Oct 27, 2017
This is why my wardrobe is 90% Uniqlo. No visible logos anywhere, even on their jeans. I recommend them for tshirts, jeans, hoodies, and jackets. Good price/quality ratio.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is why my wardrobe is 90% Uniqlo. No visible logos anywhere, even on their jeans. I recommend them for tshirts, jeans, hoodies, and jackets. Good price/quality ratio.

Yeah, they still have killer basics that are made well and super affordable. Would definitely recommend if you're looking to move away from excessively branded stuff.

Edit: also Everlane.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've come to wear plainly shit over the years as well. I don't like showing overt support for brands and I find the obsession over brands dumb. Ironic considering my entire career is revolves around designing shit for brands.

I will admit though, I do like Vans as a brand. Some of their shoes are just simple as fuck in their design and their logo is hidden away at the heel of the shoe. I can dig that shit.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Logos suck. You're just paying the company a premium so you can be their free marketing.

I have a couple of video game related graphic design tshirts though, which are almost exclusively for in the house only.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same. I've been on this for years. Branding on clothes is tacky and juvenile.

I don't like anything on my t-shirts either. Solid colors are best.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is why I loved American Apparel. They were expensive, but they had great colors and no graphics or logos on their clothes!

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite shirts are just plain white T-shirts

They're great for working out, using as undershirts, or lounging around the house

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Agreed, their stuff is great. I mostly just wear their t-shirts and hoodies but it's all decent quality and very affordable.

I have a couple graphic tees but rarely ones that have company logos on them. I almost entirely wear plain colored tees and jeans.

Nov 9, 2017
Kind of related, this is how I feel about those stupid license plate covers and glued on emblems that car dealerships try to slip past the consumer. First thing I did after buying my last car was ask that they remove the sticker/emblem and then bought a new generic license plate cover.

Eternia

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't liked branding on clothing in a long time. Some things are harder to avoid like say athletic gear but for where I can, I will absolutely take clothes with no visible logos over ones that do have them visible.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Band shirts are the one exception. SUPREME can go and suffocate by its logos horribly.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Agreed I only wear obviously branded/logo shoes Nike/adidas/asics. Other than than I go for something with as little logo as possible, preferable none at all.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My fashion has become basic: Solid and dark colors.

Only time I wear graphics is whenever I attend a football game or fan conventions.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Logos are the worst. I absolutely hate them, I hated logos around 16-17 and my fashion got do much better over time because of it.

Wearing things with huge logos on them is just advertising their clothing. Looks tacky and doesn't represent anything but consumerism.

If I want stuff with say Pikachu on it. I want it to be a actual design. Or a company logo has to be super small, unnoticeable, and subtle. And that's the closest ill let myself go into that rabbit hole.

My only exception is logo shoes simply because you can't avoid it most of the time. But I still try and find Nike shoes that has the swoosh look like its part of the shoe's design.

SimonSimon

Alt Account
Mar 26, 2020
You picked the wrong time. Logos are back in. Of course, if I wore a Uniqlo t-shirt with weeb shit on it, I'd look like a nerd. But there are loads of cool people rocking One Piece shirts now. That's fashion I guess.