• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you like paimon?

• Love Paimon

Votes: 201 36.4%
  • Hate Paimon

Votes: 177 32.1%
  • She's Ok.

Votes: 174 31.5%

• Total voters

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
I'm only a little into Genshin Impact but paimon is legit hilarious.

Her dialog is so well written and her timing in line delivery is great

I Really like her english voice too. It was weird at first but it really grows on you and is unique.

Reminds me of Japanese Goku it was a little strange at first but I quickly grew to love his voice in Japanese.

This game would be so dry without paimon.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I thought this was gonna be about the demon from hereditary.

Get this anime loli out my face.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I was sure this was about Hereditary. Not singling out OP, but I feel like a lot of anime people assume everyone has a familiarity with it to where you can just drop a character name and everyone knows who you're talking about.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I wouldn't say I hate Paimon, but the writing quality of Genshin Impact just leads me to feel just about nothing towards any of the characters. The emergency food gag is solid, but otherwise she's just another cute mascot character and she currently has nothing else really going on.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was gonna be about the demon from hereditary.

Get this anime loli out my face.

I was sure this was about Hereditary. Not singling out OP, but I feel like a lot of anime people assume everyone has a familiarity with it to where you can just drop a character name and everyone knows who you're talking about.

I was also mislead. Hail Paimon!

OP
OP
jman1954goat

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Sorry this is supposed to be on gaming side.

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't say I hate Paimon, but the writing quality of Genshin Impact just leads me to feel just about nothing towards any of the characters. The emergency food gag is solid, but otherwise she's just another cute mascot character and she currently has nothing else really going on.
Have you done the Venti quest line? That one was really good developing the character.

As for Paimon, she's okay. I do agree the game wouldn't be the same without her.

Still think she's going to end up being bad in the end though.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly hated her at first because I hate the baby talk. But then I started to appreciate what a devious little shit she can be, and the stink eye she gave Fischl sealed it. She's ok by me.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Her reactions to Fischl in the lastest event are pretty great.
Honestly hated her at first because I hate the baby talk. But then I started to appreciate what a devious little shit she can be, and the stink eye she gave Fischl sealed it. She's ok by me.
Yeah, this expression made her all right in my book.

CtP7N5r.png

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She's fine as far as annoying mascots speaking for silent protagonists go but I don't know if her presence was really necessary at this point. The game's writing is weird, sometimes it's pretty good and sometimes it's painfully bland and verbose, and Paimon ends up pretty evenly on both sides of the spectrum.

At least emergency food executes on the "mascot character is food joke" better than Xenoblade Chronicles X

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Gets annoying tbh, but hey, it's emergency food at the end.
(I play in japanese)

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I can understand people being annoyed by Paimon at first, but she does kinda grow on you and I like how snarky she can be. Like the new quest where Paimon just calls Fischl out immediately for being full of herself lmao. Paimon is alright. I still wish Aether/Lumine talked in cutscenes though.

Ravio-li

Dec 24, 2018
Now, more importantly... which Paimon is best?

(Played in Chinese at first, now in Japanese)

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
As long as she doesn't makes me decapitate people for some weird ritual we're cool. I kind of like her ridiculous high pitch voice, it makes me laugh.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Can't stand the high pitched voice, it's like the epitome of anime girl. She's slowly growing on me though. Still... some of her lines and delivery make me cringe.

Moara

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I thought she'd be annoying at the start, but I quite like her. The dialogue being good helps for one, she has a lot of sass.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Paimon's great. She's cute and adorable sometimes, and hilariously snarky and conniving other times.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Paimon doesn't understand the hate. Paimon thinks Paimon is the best character in the game!

FooF

One Winged Slayer
Mar 24, 2020
it's Navi but now they're fully voiced by the equivalent of a Squeaky child that speaks in the 3rd person. Just one of the many reasons I started skipping dialogue and cutscenes