• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Why do humans only have a lifespan of a day?
Why is infancy half our life, longer than our time as an adult, prior to becoming old?

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't specify that man will start walking on two legs at noon, only that by noon they will be.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
And that's why you'll never get to fuck your mom. That's just the way the sphinx is man. I don't make the rules.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact! The Sphinx is actually the only known animal that asks its prey questions before eating. Scientists have yet to answer why it does this, but the prevailing theory is that it's some kind of fetish thing.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just google the answer and get on with romancing your mom. We all know you're just trying to skip to the good part

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
3 phases of the day = 3 phases of life, not everything is literal.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_nq83aiOEGl1spyl2io1_500.png

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
OP were you also confused why people couldn't have had 1 million dollars from Mike Bloomberg if only he gave his money directly to American citizens and not strategists and advertisements?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What has wings but doesn't fly, legs but doesn't walk, and a mouth but makes no sound?

A dead bird.

Oct 26, 2017
A day is synonymous with a life time: sun rise is birth and sun set is death. It's a frame of reference to present context to the rest of the riddle

Oct 25, 2017
English, how does it work?

Generally, fun thread though freal.

Riddle of the Sphinx is one of my fav myths so thanks for reminding me OP.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Well, you're never becoming King of Thebes at this rate.

Oct 28, 2017
"What's greater than God, more evil than the devil, rich people need it, poor people have it and if you eat it you die?"

I know people know the answer now but imagine this 20 years ago, isolated for 6 months with no phone and no Internet to look it up. Oh this one bothered the hell out of me especially when it says the kids always answer right and adults always answer wrong.