• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure all the major functions on Era are available in mobile (I actually haven't ever used Era on a computer, so I don't actually know).

You can edit, insert images,
whimsicott.png
embed videos,
embed tweets,

and so on.

But a lot of times, people seem to imply you can't do these things.
I dunno, is there stuff you can do on computers that you can't on phones?

Last edited:

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to waste time editing a picture on mobile.

If I used a tablet, maybe. But I don't.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
it's the code word for "I'm lazy and dont give a fuck right now". when else people are on their phones browsing message boards?

Oct 27, 2017
I don't do anything outside of typing words when I'm on mobile Era. You might be able to do other things but they're too hard from what I gather, I don't know how, and don't care to learn.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
It's always been an excuse for low effort posting. Don't let anyone fool you.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the same as people complaining that people are posting pictures without a name or an explanation, even though you can just reverse image search the picture to find the name

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
it's the code word for "I'm lazy and dont give a fuck right now". when else people are on their phones browsing message boards?

Tbh I don't understand weirdos who make threads on mobile. If you're gonna make a thread, it takes like an hour of serious crafting time on a desktop and keyboard, right? Right??

Jasconius

Oct 25, 2017
Albuquerque, NM
The problem is, if you are used to using a computer, trying to do any of that stuff on your phone instead is super annoying and time consuming. Especially since you're probably not used to doing it because if you're near a computer you just use that!

Heck I don't even text on my phone sometimes if I'm at my computer, I just load up google voice because it's so much faster to type on a keyboard!

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
On discord, some options don't display on mobile mode, only on the desktop interface.
Which is where i usually laze out of things.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Hell no.
Sorry, I know it can be done, but when you know it's easier and faster on a desktop then why bother?

I already dislike writing replies on my phone (which I'm doing now) as it takes much longer for me than typing with a real keyboard. So long, in fact, that I'm sure multiple people will have already said the same thing before I hit the reply button...

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
For me the times I've said that, i meant "I would rather do that with the power of typing and a mouse instead of poking at a touch screen."

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Why is it hard to understand that doing things on a phone is tedious and takes longer in comparison to doing it on a computer?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
To me everything is easier/faster on PC. I hate to browse for pics/links on mobile.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Posting on phone is way more tedious even if the same stuff is possible.

Anybody ever make a video game OT on phone?

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Copying/Pasting on mobile is just annoying for me.

I can never get the pointer where I want it, either.

DJ88

Oct 26, 2017
Don't know what you all are talking about. Doing all those things on the phone is super easy.

Not annoying/tedious/time consuming at all.

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Just posting a regular post on this forum while on mobile is more difficult than on the computer, since this place has that weird thing when someone posts something while you are making your post and it bumps the screen.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Plus, Era Mobile here is still garbage to use, even with everything disabled it still runs like shit. Only website that runs like complete ass here, I have to use another browser just to post.

Don't know what the hell people did in the backend because on Chrome I can barely post since everything runs with a second or more of delay. Only here, everywhere else is fine.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how to upload a photo from my phone into some hosting service.

Also I use my phone almost exclusively for Era, often I can't reference articles and other stuff that are in my desktop's browser history/bookmarks.

That's basically it. Also I write very slowly on mobile.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm fucking finally back on the desktop.

Going from a tiny ass phone - where simply selecting, copying, and pasting text is a fiddly chore - to a desktop with multiple monitors... they're incomparable.
I browse Era on my phone when away from my desktops (I have one at work too) but it's a shitty workaround just to follow and communicate with the community when I otherwise wouldn't be able to. I'm not going to mess with saving and uploading images on my phone to post, when I can much much more easily drag and drop them on another machine. It's not difficult to understand.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
The phone is a horrible choice for doing most things compared to the ease it can be done on a computer or laptop. Word processors and presentation software like PowerPoint are annoying to use on a phone and super limited compared to the desktop versions. Yeah, I'm going to format my Thesis, use Endnote, etc on a phone.... Not. Plus, photo editing is so much easier on a desktop for batch processing and doing more than just auto adjustments. Typing text messages or typing a reply on a message board like I'm doing now on a phone is no big deal, but most other things it is very inefficient compared to the real thing on a desktop.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
turns out typing and formatting posts on a 5-6" capacitive touch screen is a pain in the ass compared to a computer or laptop with a keyboard, track pad/mouse, and a larger screen

I know, I know, crazy right?

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
When you're used to working on a high spec desktop PC with an SSD using a phone that's 4 generations old just seems painfully clunky.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well i can't embed most pics and gifs on mobile for example. I've tried everything suggested. Nothing works.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Hopping back and forth between apps is cumbersome. It's one of the reasons iPads are never gonna be full-blown computers.