• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you wash your hands after using the bathroom?

• Always

Votes: 577 87.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 19 2.9%
  • Never

Votes: 9 1.4%

• Total voters

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Always. It's habit. It's also good for killing stuff that makes you sick. I haven't had a cold in ages.

Zuly

Oct 26, 2017
Puerto Rico
I wash my hands any time I get something in my hands, not just when I go to the bathroom. I sweat a bit, so usually every hour I'm on the computer, I end up washing my hands to keep my hands and my peripherals clean.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I always wash my hands before and after going to the bathroom. A urethritis that made me feel like I was pissing broken glass and lasted for 15 days taught me that.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
How is it hard to understand? Some people don't think it's an important thing to do. That's it.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
I have to wash my hands many times a day. I don't know how to explain it, but if I don't, it feels like my hands are throbbing until I wash them. Like I can feel the bacteria and dirt moving around.

I've played poker with people who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom. That's especially gross cause we are touching the same cards! Immediate table change plz thx

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
There is a top secret list at work of people who don't wash their hands...kept by the people that wash their hands.. We also have a list of people who trim their nails - fingers and sometimes toes at their desk..

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
If you aren't washing your hands before and after you piss or shit, you're disgusting.

Deleted member 9197

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I do most of the time, but if I'm in a truly disgusting gas station bathroom where I know my dick is cleaner than any surface in that place, I do my thing and exit.

Touching a gross, caked up and crusty knob to turn off the water in a place that only has a hand dryer and no paper towels? No thank you. I just skip it.

Elsewise I'm a regular Howard Hughes

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I wash them every time. Then I'll use the lotion at my desk to moisten them, because sometimes they get really dry after. There are quite a few people in my office who don't wash their hands, and it grossed me out every time I see it.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I'll wash my hands after using the public bathroom, but then I have to touch the door handle to exit, which will make washing moot since it's no doubt been touched by someone who hasn't washed their hands.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
Also, flushing the toilet. I freaking hate people that don't flush! If you are old enough to use it, you are old enough to flush it.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
1215563.jpg

Master Of Illusion

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Once I saw someone in the bathroom at work walk out of the stall, turn the faucet on, look at the running water and say "Nah" and walk out.

Humanity's a virus.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Is the bathroom, especially the sink area, filthy?
Then no, I'm not washing. But I won't even poop in such a bathroom, though, just pull down my pants to pee and pull back up, use elbow to flush (I always use stalls).

9/10 times I wash though. As we all should.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I saw this fucker at work do it once and it shook me to my core. Then I thought it must be a fluke or maybe he washes his hands in the break room sink or has hand sanitizer at his desk or something and tried to let it go. A few weeks later.... the dirty fucker does it again. Fucking asshole uses the same coffee pot and fridge in our breakroom. I want to confront him.

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK
The issue is further compounded by the fact that even though you (or I) have watched our hands, we then have to open a door which was opened/closed by someone who didn't therefore making our hands instantly unclean and making our 20 seconds washing our hands, pretty pointless.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
As I stand washing my hands in the public washroom the other men will either walk straight out without doing it at all, or rinse for less than a second. I suspect they only even go that far because I'm there and they feel a small bit of shame.

Oct 25, 2017
Like 98% of the time. If I just did a quick pee, and I'm going back to my personal computer that I exclusively use, yeah I'll admit sometimes I skip washing my hands.

May 26, 2018
Some people just don't give a fuck, as if it's some kind of onerous task foisted upon them by society. It's the same people who never put away their shopping carts in the parking lot.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I would not want to shake hands with anyone or allow anyone to touch me if I found out that he (or she) didn't wash his or her hands (& wash them properly).

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
I swear we have this kinda convo every fucking week here and I see the same fucking answers too 😂😂

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
When I worked at a movie theatre there were two specific managers that disgusted me.

Manager 1: was nice to me and always tried to shake my hand but I KNEW this motherfucker didn't wash his goddamn hands. Dude would carpet bomb the handicap stall with the stench a thousand corpses and waltz on out the door like no sin had been committed. Loudest shittier I ever heard in my life as well. It was a movie theatre and yet only from the bathroom did it sound like a Michael Bay film was playing.

Manager 2: Once argued with me about manager 1. He said "why do people wash their hands afterwards? It makes no sense. Why would I want to touch my dick with dirty hands? I only wash before." Swear to God.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
People are gross and lazy. I can't even imagine not washing my hands after using the bathroom.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
If you're about to eat buffalo wings it's sort of redundant to wash your hands after using the restroom, then have to wash them again after you eat.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
The issue is further compounded by the fact that even though you (or I) have watched our hands, we then have to open a door which was opened/closed by someone who didn't therefore making our hands instantly unclean and making our 20 seconds washing our hands, pretty pointless.
Use your elbow.