• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I tried hard to let me ruin my experience after hearing all the hysteria about how the game it's unplayable with the performance issues but after completing 2 dungeons I have been enjoying the game just fine and I don't see what's the big deal about it.

It seems people are overreacting over it. I have read people buying the game, leave it wrapped and waiting for a patch...really?

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't make it unplayable but it's definitely noticeable and detracts a little bit when it hits hard for me. Still an amazing remake.
It's unfortunate that it's in that middle area where it's bad enough to affect the experience but not bad enough that I actually expect a patch to be budgeted for and completed.

It's also very weird to see this from Nintendo whose games are usually reliable performance-wise as they clearly put a lot of emphasis on stable performance most of the time.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
most people are saying its jarring and distracting, not that it makes it unplayable.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Preferably it shouldn't have shipped like this but it's nothing more than a mild distraction. I would like it fixed but doesn't exactly impact my opinion on the game

It's fair to criticise it but it's not unplayable by any means

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the hard drop from 60 to 30fps that's a problem for many. It doesn't directly affect gameplay (well, it does in one area, actually), but it greatly impacts the overall experience for many. It's super jarring.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
I very nearly got dissuaded by the FPS hysteria, and I am someone who is normally sensitive to bad frame rates, and expect a high standard from Zelda games.

The game is fucking great, and the FPS is as close to a non-issue as you can get.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't make it unplayable but it's definitely noticeable and detracts a little bit when it hits hard for me. Still an amazing remake.
It's unfortunate that it's in that middle area where it's bad enough to affect the experience but not bad enough that I actually expect a patch to be budgeted for and completed.

It's also very weird to see this from Nintendo whose games are usually reliable performance-wise as they clearly put a lot of emphasis on stable performance most of the time.
This, basically.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Some people are bothered by it and some aren't. What's there to get?

Personally, I'd have preferred if the game allowed for framerate lock of 30 fps for the sake of consistency.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I didn't understand it until I played it in handheld mode.

There were some drops in docked, but 60-50ish frames is good enough for me and I don't mind that... But handheld starts at 30 and only goes lower from there.

I don't often play games in handheld mode, but for those that do and those with a Switch Lite, it can be pretty terrible.

Nov 18, 2017
The stutters when moving between biomes are a little annoying sure, i can deffo feel the judder but it beats the hell out of a loading screen!

The only area ive noticed where the framerate is actually a constant nuisance is the swamp, luckily after the bow wow section its not like you ever need to go back there.

If the whole game was as bad asthe swamp itd be a huge problem, but its not. Just like how the forest tanks the framerate in BOTW, luckily theres a lot more to BOTW than just the lost woods.

Burnburn

Oct 26, 2017
You don't get to determine what 'overreacting' is for someone. Some people think it's fine, others don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.