• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
These are legit great.
For all the bitching about what good CGI is on here:

That X-men shot in the latest episode I need to check on my 4k disc, as that is shocking!!

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
React videos can be great if they involve discussion of the video in question and don't consist of just high pitched yelling.

I love Semblance of Sanity's reaction stuff because the discussions are usually twice the length of the video. It's nice seeing first time watchers of a show try to dissect it as it goes on and it can be a fun way of going "Ahhh, so that's why the show did X, to get reaction Y--"

It's something I unironically enjoy watching. I just don't watch pretty much any other reaction stuff because they are just yelling instead of discussion and analysis lol

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Yeah I've been loving these guy's videos on CGI. Very insightful, funny, and it's interesting to hear their thoughts on the CGI as artists themselves but also when they really go into explaining how it was done it's damn cool. Like when discussing how they did the Matrix dodge with Neo, showing off all the cameras and how it was done. Great content.

Also, in general I love the old Freddiew gang. Between Corridor, Corridor Crew and NODE, they're some of my favourite YouTube channels around right now.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy seeing them legitimately enjoying themselves

giphy.gif

latest

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Yeah if it's some decent people who are actually analyzing the thing and not going for ridiculousness points I enjoy them. Lost in Vegas has already been posted I see haha. Those dudes are legit because they actively use their experience as hip hop heads to dissect the lyrics of songs people suggest to them, and they often provide more insight than you would expect. Gotta respect folks who can get into the storytelling of a good country song.

I'm also down with sincere reactions from super fans of something on occasion, usually during the energy after a trailer drop or something. Just can't do obvious overreactions or gimmicky people or whatever.

OP
OP
Laserdisk

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Yeah if it's some decent people who are actually analyzing the thing and not going for ridiculousness points I enjoy them. Lost in Vegas has already been posted I see haha. Those dudes are legit because they actively use their experience as hip hop heads to dissect the lyrics of songs people suggest to them, and they often provide more insight than you would expect. Gotta respect folks who can get into the storytelling of a good country song.

I'm also down with sincere reactions from super fans of something on occasion, usually during the energy after a trailer drop or something. Just can't do obvious overreactions or gimmicky people or whatever.
I am just shocked that X-men shot is in the final film

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I also don't listen to a lot of metal and heard this for the first time a couple of weeks ago when one of my co-workers was kind enough to carpool with me to work. This was basically my reaction, this song is fucking awesome.
If you ever wanna check out the full album, Rust in Peace, make sure to seek out the original mix

Long story short, the main man behind Megadeth pulled a George Lucas with the remaster and mangled it

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Whoever edited this should stop before they hurt themself.
Those constant quip clip interruptions are infuriating. She's more than entertaining enough without contrived "comedic" editing, just let her talk, you monsters.
I actually think the editing makes it funnier and as a stylistic choice for the series, it helps break up the monotony of just having clip after clip.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Whoever edited this should stop before they hurt themself.
Those constant quip clip interruptions are infuriating. She's more than entertaining enough without contrived "comedic" editing, just let her talk, you monsters.
Those are very disruptive, I agree. I love the fact that they have experts discussing such interesting topics; that alone should already be a selling point.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Most "React" videos are not really react but exagirated shit to gain more viewers. I'm more interested in insightful reacts like the one in the OP.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
The only time I have enjoyed them is when it is a professional talking about fiction - like Doctors watching Hospital shows/dramas or Lawyers talking about Law shows.

If it is just "HUUUURRR DURRR this is funny. Pleasecommentlikeandsubscribehitthatnotificationbell" then I'd rather chew on a rock.