• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I had an interesting video chat with a woman I've been interacting with over OKCupid for the last couple of weeks. She told me she's not going to vote for Trump in 2020 because of the way he's handling the virus, and the lack of any national policy (I didn't even get into discussing everything else shitty he's done). She said she wasn't going to vote for Biden either, she's going to write someone in (but doesn't know who it is).

I tried to explain that not voting for Biden is really a vote for Trump- she should vote for him, forgetting everything else, just so there's some sort of national policy for dealing with the virus. The exact reason why she said she's not voting for Trump. She's not going to do it.

She acknowledges what a shitty person Trump is in general, but just can't see herself voting Democrat, no matter what.

I don't get it.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I had an interesting video chat with a woman I've been interacting with over OKCupid for the last couple of weeks. She told me she's not going to vote for Trump in 2020 because of the way he's handling the virus, and the lack of any national policy (I didn't even get into discussing everything else shitty he's done). She said she wasn't going to vote for Biden either, she's going to write someone in (but doesn't know who it is).

I tried to explain that not voting for Biden is really a vote for Trump- she should vote for him, forgetting everything else, just so there's some sort of national policy for dealing with the virus. The exact reason why she said she's not voting for Trump. She's not going to do it.

She acknowledges what a shitty person Trump is in general, but just can't see herself voting Democrat, no matter what.

I don't get it.
People are stupid and vote against their self interest all the time

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is she'll vote for Trump last second but is putting on a front to save face.

I don't get it either.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. A would-be-Trump-voter not voting for Trump is still a half-vote for Biden. It's not ideal, but I'd call it a win.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't press it. Logically a non-vote is not the same as a vote for Trump...it's a non-vote, a midway point.

People should be better, but I say take the victory.

Oct 27, 2017
She's definitely still voting for Trump
All you've done is convince her writing in is useless, and voting D is off the table, which leaves just Trump

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
She's voting Trump. Not in the "not voting for Biden is voting for Trump" sense. She's a Republican. Her not voting is a vote for Biden. But in the "she is literally going to vote for Trump" sense. She's voting for Trump.

ABIC

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
Exactly this. Getting the Republicans to vote for Biden is not gonna work. All the anti China stuff is to energize the republican base to vote for Trump in November.

So many posters here can't really read the political board and have all these weird takes

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She's definitely going to vote for him.

I wouldn't say definitely. Frankly, she sounds like my mom in 2016. She couldn't stand Trump but refused to vote for a Democrat.

Ultimately voted for a Republican who'd dropped out. Satisfied the demands of the tribe while still managing not to vote for Trump.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
she's one of those "independents" that always vote republicans. don't even give her the time of day.

cmdiego

Oct 25, 2017
This is what they Republicans do. They have made it a tribe verse tribe, and so even if you can't believe in the message or disagree with their actions, you can't act out against your tribe.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
A lot of voting is based on cultural identity. So voting for an opposition party is something they can't do.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
The idea that voting Democrat is worse than letting Trump win should tell you all you need to know about her.

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
she's one of those "independents" that always vote republicans. don't even give her the time of day.
This is more likely the case. She said she was socially liberal but fiscally conservative, whatever that means. She really couldn't even give a reason why she voted for Trump the first time other than he was running on the GOP ticket (which she also acknowledged he really wasn't a Republican anyways). We live in MA so it's true she was probably embarrassed to admit she actually voted for him.

She highly educated, has a lot more schooling/degrees than I do, so I really didn't get any of it.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Way too many people wrap up a huge part of their self-identity with which team they're on. Politicians are supposed to work for us, the idea of "I'm a Republican and will never vote for a Democrat on principle" devotes the whole purpose of a democracy.

Nov 30, 2017
Have you ever convinced a console warrior who praises a piece of plastic to switch sides. Unfortunately people's psychology is the same everywhere.

One has to train one's self to be a rational thinker. It doesn't come naturally no matter who you are.

Oct 25, 2017
Why anyone would be interested in writing anyone's name down that isn't one of the two men that is going to be president in 2021 is beyond me.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't get it.

There's nothing to get OP. This is the main dumb reason many didn't vote for Hillary last time, both on left and right. It takes a huge fucking leap of logical dissonance to say that both candidates are equal when they are clearly not. Part of it is constant low level republican propaganda to defame democrat candidates for made up charges i.e. Benghazi, Ukraine. And part of it really is that Americans have lost the fucking plot.

But if that's what it really is, so be it. If Americans at large really want to vote in Trump intentionally or unintentionally after everything, it's probably for the best. Letting this country die by Suicide is as poetic as it's going to get. Destruction by democracy has a nice ring to it.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
This is more likely the case. She said she was socially liberal but fiscally conservative, whatever that means. She really couldn't even give a reason why she voted for Trump the first time other than he was running on the GOP ticket (which she also acknowledged he really wasn't a Republican anyways). We live in MA so it's true she was probably embarrassed to admit she actually voted for him.

She highly educated, has a lot more schooling/degrees than I do, so I really didn't get any of it.

The one person I know who voted for Trump said they were socially liberal but fiscally conservative. I told them that they were most definitely not socially liberal if they voted for Trump. They got pissed off at me for saying it.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
People refuse to do what's right because they can never admit they were wrong. It's a sickness.
yep and they will rather double down on their stupidity then admit they were stupid. Also our two party system sucks, especially when it keeps giving us old white men (except for Obama. God i miss Obama)

Jack+johnson+or+john+jackson+_82016fb5e4ada5eb7eb96deb48e84683.jpg

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
yea she'll vote for Trump again

I believe the data did show that 53% of white women did vote for him....