• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
BB is the only souls game I beat. The others weren't that hard, I just lost interest/a new game came out and forgot to play it again.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Souls 2 is still top for me. Bloodborne is at the bottom for me of From's Souls like games. I actively don't like the art style and I feel like it has minimal replayability compared to other Souls games.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Good on you on getting your insight high enough to see the truth. Game of the generation.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even with the blood vial farming Bloodborne is in my top 3 games of all time. Welcome to winning team, OP.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Definitely. It's the best game by From. I thought the opening bits were flawed, but by and large the game is phenomenal. Just such a well realized world, too.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Dark Souls 2 is still top for me. Bloodborne is at the bottom for me of From's Souls like games. I actively don't like the art style and I feel like it has minimal replayability compared to other Souls games.

tenor.gif

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
DS3 is fine but its such a soulless game compared to the others , its more of a homage game :P

Yes, and it also felt like it had way too much Bloodborne influence as well. I like Bloodborne for what's there, but the base game was just too sparse for me, and it didn't feel complete until The Old Hunters. I also absolutely believe that the chalice dungeons were the worst addition and took away development resources from something much better. Overall Bloodborne is probably my third or even fourth favorite game FromSoftware has released since 2009. I also don't particularly care for its aesthetic either. It's not quite, but nearly monochromatic at times.

Eh, I'd take a Sekiro sequel over a BB sequel any day.
I love BB, but Sekiro is the better game imo.

*Edit: to be fair I have not played the old hunters dlc.

Bloodborne improves dramatically with it. For me it went from: "Bleh, I'd rather play Dark Souls 2 any day for the variety" to "Oh finally, how the game should have been at launch!"

Last edited:

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
BB is the GOAT, also the game of the generation right next to outer wilds, gow and tw3.

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
I love Bloodborne and Sekiro. For me it is pretty much Sekiro > Bloodborne > demons | dark souls. Do not care for any of the direct sequels. They are fun but the original experiences are much better.

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny this thread comes up right after I attempted Bloodborne for the 3rd time. Gave up after 10 minutes both previous times because I had never played a Souls game and didn't understand what was happening.

With that said, I managed to fight thru the initial annoyance of not knowing wtf is going on and actually finding it pretty addictive even though I've only really replayed the first level about 50 times.

Hopefully going back to the previous Souls games after this isn't going to take away from the experience.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm current playing through Bloodborne for the first time. Just beat MWN and started Old Hunters but I think I'm gonna go back and complete the chalice dungeons first.....I guess. They're a bit of a slog and Old Hunters is extremely tempting (I played for 10 min and loved what they were throwing at me), but I feel like it'd be better to complete them now.

Sekiro is the only Souls game I've actually completed (I used to get stuck on a boss and lose interest but I'm going to revisit the DS series with my newfound skillset, git gud and finally beat them). And I completed NG+, too. It's a masterpiece. Holds a special place in my heart so it's probably my favourite Souls game if it counts.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
I'm about 1/3 of the way through and am absolutely loving it so far! I just beat the Blood-Starved Beast after hours of trying, and it was so satisfying! Also, the Blade of Mercy is super fun to use!

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
As someone who's only played Demon's Souls what is better executed in BB?
fromsofts perfect level design and world building is polished to a mirror sheen, and the flow of combat is much more focused on engaging and thinking on your toes

countering/parrying is nuts and i love it, but it takes a lot of practice and each enemy and boss have different windows you gotta feel out

the smaller amount of weapons opens them up to being more versatile and a lot more varied than you'd expect, I'd compare the weapons in bloodborne to a fighting game roster, where each one can florish or has that one move in its moveset you just might love

the connecting open world is an aesthetic evolution over dark souls, where each area is physically traveled to, and opens up shortcuts back to hubs or other areas, where in demons souls you just have contained areas you warp to that have their own mini-shortcuts and the like

traveling between areas flows incredibly well design-wise, and landmarks are set to give you a great sense of scale in the world. one moment you'll be looking over a vast forest with windmills popping up out of it, only a few hours later to be deep in that forest and come across one of those windmills

boss designs, both in moveset and how they look, are top notch, with only a one or two that are a bit 'meh'

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
fromsofts perfect level design and world building is polished to a mirror sheen, and the flow of combat is much more focused on engaging and thinking on your toes

countering/parrying is nuts and i love it, but it takes a lot of practice and each enemy and boss have different windows you gotta feel out

the smaller amount of weapons opens them up to being more versatile and a lot more varied than you'd expect, I'd compare the weapons in bloodborne to a fighting game roster, where each one can florish or has that one move in its moveset you just might love

the connecting open world is an aesthetic evolution over dark souls, where each area is physically traveled to, and opens up shortcuts back to hubs or other areas, where in demons souls you just have contained areas you warp to that have their own mini-shortcuts and the like

traveling between areas flows incredibly well design-wise, and landmarks are set to give you a great sense of scale in the world. one moment you'll be looking over a vast forest with windmills popping up out of it, only a few hours later to be deep in that forest and come across one of those windmills

boss designs, both in moveset and how they look, are top notch, with only a one or two that are a bit 'meh'

Wow, thank you for the response! I'll be firing up BB this weekend.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
BB is a cool and janky game. It might be their best if it were on PC, but DS3 and Sekiro ran so well and looked great on PC so I don't know.