• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry to hear that.

My wife sometimes gets this weird feeling in her legs, a numbing/buzzing sensation. And we're probably not going to regain our full smell/taste at this point.

COVID-19 fucking sucks. I hope your recovery goes smoothly.
I'm sure the taste and smell will come back, the leg tingling in your wife's legs might be the most pressing lingering issue.

Hope you two recover too.

Damn, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope things get better for you.
Thanks, I hope so.

Holy crap you have some tremors too? I have some it's so weird it's like comes and goes my head shakes a bit or I feel I'm shaking.
I don't have head shakes. The only way I can properly explain it is with some visuals of people who have tremors.

The way the woman shakes when she walks down the stairs combined with how the man shakes when he stands is how my lower body feels walking forward, backward, and up and down stairs.

Sitting and laying down I'm fine. Though I'm not sure about sitting long term since I still get up to move every so often, and I don't know how my body would react standing all day at work. Last time I drove was when I went to get my covid test, and my tremors and messed up equilibrium made it hard to drive the three or so blocks to CVS to get my test.

Whether or not I can drive myself to work in my condition, I have no idea. No one in my family is keen on me even attempting it, though.

Though I'd be lying if I said I didn't get the occasional body shake, but I've had those since I was a child, and they come and go quasi-randomly. I will note that I have been experiencing them more, though.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Just got my postivive result today after one of my roommates brought it home. Just a slight cough right now, hoping I don't get anything as severe as some of you all have had to deal with.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Just got my postivive result today after one of my roommates brought it home. Just a slight cough right now, hoping I don't get anything as severe as some of you all have had to deal with.
Grab everything you're going to need now and shove it into your room. If you have bottles of water, grab some and keep them in your room. Drink tea, have some alka seltzer, and aim to eat soft foods like oatmeal, rice, and potatoes, at least to start off. Your stomach might not bother you like mine did. I didn't have any overt stomach aches, but when I ate anything like chicken or crunchier vegetables like broccoli, I had this sinking, heavy feeling as I ate. Not like I was full or wanted to throw up, but in some weird way where I felt like I was forcing myself to eat. I switched to some lighter stuff and felt better until the sensation in general began to alleviate.

I hope you come out with milder symptoms than me. Doubly so for not having any lingering issues once you stop having the usual cough/fever/chills/headache.

And of course, if your coughing gets bad, sleep on your stomach.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Grab everything you're going to need now and shove it into your room. If you have bottles of water, grab some and keep them in your room. Drink tea, have some alka seltzer, and aim to eat soft foods like oatmeal, rice, and potatoes, at least to start off. Your stomach might not bother you like mine did. I didn't have any overt stomach aches, but when I ate anything like chicken or crunchier vegetables like broccoli, I had this sinking, heavy feeling as I ate. Not like I was full or wanted to throw up, but in some weird way where I felt like I was forcing myself to eat. I switched to some lighter stuff and felt better until the sensation in general began to alleviate.

I hope you come out with milder symptoms than me. Doubly so for not having any lingering issues once you stop having the usual cough/fever/chills/headache.

And of course, if your coughing gets bad, sleep on your stomach.

Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely do that.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely do that.
No problem.

And just in case, grab a plastic or metal chair for the shower. If you get the tremors, unless you actually have a standing shower and not a bath tub, you're going to be flirting with death. I risk injury every time I go to bathe, but I've been holed up in my room so I went without.

Now that I'm comfortable enough to be out and about in the house instead of my room (which just started today), I'm probably going to grab a chair myself.

RedSonja

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure the taste and smell will come back, the leg tingling in your wife's legs might be the most pressing lingering issue.

Hope you two recover too.

Thanks, I hope so.

I don't have head shakes. The only way I can properly explain it is with some visuals of people who have tremors.

The way the woman shakes when she walks down the stairs combined with how the man shakes when he stands is how my lower body feels walking forward, backward, and up and down stairs.

Sitting and laying down I'm fine. Though I'm not sure about sitting long term since I still get up to move every so often, and I don't know how my body would react standing all day at work. Last time I drove was when I went to get my covid test, and my tremors and messed up equilibrium made it hard to drive the three or so blocks to CVS to get my test.

Whether or not I can drive myself to work in my condition, I have no idea. No one in my family is keen on me even attempting it, though.

Though I'd be lying if I said I didn't get the occasional body shake, but I've had those since I was a child, and they come and go quasi-randomly. I will note that I have been experiencing them more, though.

I know this will have been said many times already, but it is just nasty how multi-system it is. Parallels have been drawn with the presentation of of other neurological disorders, including stuff like MS in terms of the presentation. Watching those videos you have added to explains the tremors for you is sobering. IUt is a nasty, shitty bastard of a disease and I hope you and everyone else recovers quickly. My brother had COVID and neurological symptoms and it took him about 3 months to fully recover in the end. Loss of taste and smell, a virbration sensation up his legs with dizziness and a slow heart rate. The scariest thing for himn was the breathing problems, which must be terrifying.

Oct 26, 2017
Had it in March. Started with high fever, then I developed difficulty breathing after a few days. 10 days after first developing symptoms I was admitted to the hospital, fever got worse, so did my oxygen levels. First four days I was nearly delirious from fever, coughed up a ton of slime and barely ate or drank. Stayed in hospital for 12 days, and recovery took almost 3 months.
The only good thing during the hospital stint was the fact that I didn't lose my sense of taste, as the hospital food and coffee were actually really really good.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I know this will have been said many times already, but it is just nasty how multi-system it is. Parallels have been drawn with the presentation of of other neurological disorders, including stuff like MS in terms of the presentation. Watching those videos you have added to explains the tremors for you is sobering. IUt is a nasty, shitty bastard of a disease and I hope you and everyone else recovers quickly. My brother had COVID and neurological symptoms and it took him about 3 months to fully recover in the end. Loss of taste and smell, a virbration sensation up his legs with dizziness and a slow heart rate. The scariest thing for himn was the breathing problems, which must be terrifying.
The more I read about the neurological side of covid, the more I realize that I'm nowhere near ready to go back to work.

I don't even know if I'm physically able to even drive that far to begin with. But even with my support systems, I can't afford to not go back to work, either.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
have it currently.

major fatigue.
muscle aches
slight cough but nothing too bad.
really bad sneezing/runny nose.
trouble sleeping

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
have it currently.

major fatigue.
muscle aches
slight cough but nothing too bad.
really bad sneezing/runny nose.
trouble sleeping
I found that when I had my brief bits of insomnia (which only lasted a few days), moving around a bunch helped me fall asleep. Movement + the excessive fatigue kind of balanced out. I still struggled to sleep, but not nearly as much as I did in the beginning.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
The more I read about the neurological side of covid, the more I realize that I'm nowhere near ready to go back to work.

I don't even know if I'm physically able to even drive that far to begin with. But even with my support systems, I can't afford to not go back to work, either.
Wow. Yeah I don't have anything like what you showed but times it's like almost just weird shaking but I'm starting to think it's like my anxiety is way higher at times than normal.

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
Had it recently. Woke up with chills and got a rapid test which was negative and they told me I was fine. Chills went away and came back one more night then nothing for a few days til I had head congestion. Thought I had a sinus infection then lost my sense of taste and smell for a few days. Went and got a PCR test that came back positive tho my symptoms had subsided. Feel very fortunate I didnt get worse.

Wife tested negative and has no symptoms despite being around me after my first negative test. Dunno if she got lucky and somehow didnt get it or if she was asymptomatic with a false negative.

All the best to you all and hope for speedy recoveries.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Man, sorry to hear that platocplx. Please take care of yourselves, people. I just lost another family member to Covid 19 this morning, and even if you aren't feeling severe symptoms, please just do everything you can to stay healthy and recover!

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Man, sorry to hear that platocplx. Please take care of yourselves, people. I just lost another family member to Covid 19 this morning, and even if you aren't feeling severe symptoms, please just do everything you can to stay healthy and recover!

I def recovered in a sense but def some lingering stuffi still can barely smell it's so crazy.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Had it recently. Woke up with chills and got a rapid test which was negative and they told me I was fine. Chills went away and came back one more night then nothing for a few days til I had head congestion. Thought I had a sinus infection then lost my sense of taste and smell for a few days. Went and got a PCR test that came back positive tho my symptoms had subsided. Feel very fortunate I didnt get worse.

Wife tested negative and has no symptoms despite being around me after my first negative test. Dunno if she got lucky and somehow didnt get it or if she was asymptomatic with a false negative.

All the best to you all and hope for speedy recoveries.

this is how crazy this thing is.
5 of us got it out of like 7 of us together. I was around my parents for part of a day, a roommate and a friend and none of them got it from me.
I don't even know how this this spreads.
Masks absolutely work however. I think even in small settings wearing your mask and only taking it down when eating or drinking and back up works.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
this is how crazy this thing is.
5 of us got it out of like 7 of us together. I was around my parents for part of a day, a roommate and a friend and none of them got it from me.
I don't even know how this this spreads.
Masks absolutely work however. I think even in small settings wearing your mask and only taking it down when eating or drinking and back up works.
Agreed completely, because I was definitely spreading that shit around my coworkers before I had my first signs of symptoms, and I'm 100% certain I would've shut down my resort if we weren't wearing masks. I was around everyone except for the two people who work graveyard, and everyone would probably be sick too if we didn't wear masks.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I def recovered in a sense but def some lingering stuffi still can barely smell it's so crazy.

I'm glad to hear it! Keep getting plenty of rest and regaining your strength man. I was sick early last year, though I'm not sure if it was Covid (at the time, tests weren't readily available, but my roommate wasn't adhering to quarantine, and going out every night partying with strangers, so it's possible she was an asymptomatic carrier and I caught it from her at some point). I eventually recovered, and have been at full strength since.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Agreed completely, because I was definitely spreading that shit around my coworkers before I had my first signs of symptoms, and I'm 100% certain I would've shut down my resort if we weren't wearing masks. I was around everyone except for the two people who work graveyard, and everyone would probably be sick too if we didn't wear masks.
Yup I def see how masks esp the n95 ones help a lot.
I'm glad to hear it! Keep getting plenty of rest and regaining your strength man. I was sick early last year, though I'm not sure if it was Covid (at the time, tests weren't readily available, but my roommate wasn't adhering to quarantine, and going out every night partying with strangers, so it's possible she was an asymptomatic carrier and I caught it from her at some point). I eventually recovered, and have been at full strength since.
Preciate it man and yeah. It's crazy how it is. Never felt this kind of sick before it was wild.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Yup I def see how masks esp the n95 ones help a lot.
I've been rocking the masks with the KN95 replaceable filters since masks became plentiful back in April. Thing is like seven layers even without the filter, and I sometimes double up, though I should probably be more consistent with that.

I also recorded a short video of my standing tremors, contemplating on whether or not to post it to social media since I don't know if I'm in the mood to make people cry.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Hey - how are things going? Hoping your dad and brother are doing well!

Im happy to say that everyone has gotten over the virus. My brother is back to normal like nothing happened. Yet the week he was on the machine the doctors gave him a 40% chance to live. My dad actually just came home today. His body is weak and he needs help walking but the covid is gone. Thanks for asking and checking up.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im happy to say that everyone has gotten over the virus. My brother is back to normal like nothing happened. Yet the week he was on the machine the doctors gave him a 40% chance to live. My dad actually just came home today. His body is weak and he needs help walking but the covid is gone. Thanks for asking and checking up.

So relieved - that's great! Hug your dad!

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is really great to hear. Glad your family is getting through this.

My mom tested positive but so far she's doing good. My dad hasn't tested positive (tested negative twice weirdly) but has a bad cough and a fever. He's kinda up there in age so I'm hoping for the best for him. I'm much younger than both of course but I'm actually showing the worst symptoms so far. It's not too bad, but it's early on so I'm hoping things don't get worse for anyone.

Deleted member 31423

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
This is really great to hear. Glad your family is getting through this.

My mom tested positive but so far she's doing good. My dad hasn't tested positive (tested negative twice weirdly) but has a bad cough and a fever. He's kinda up there in age so I'm hoping for the best for him. I'm much younger than both of course but I'm actually showing the worst symptoms so far. It's not too bad, but it's early on so I'm hoping things don't get worse for anyone.

Keep taking meds and go to the emergency room if you think things are getting worse. Don't hesitate. I mentioned it in a post a week ago but my brother developed pneumonia in 3 days.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Currently been okay for the last week, although I sadly got my dad positive too, and he has bit of a fever now. He is on top of it through, so he should get through this hopefully.

Wish the best for anyone currently dealing with it.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Preciate it man and yeah. It's crazy how it is. Never felt this kind of sick before it was wild.
Yeah, I've got it right now along with my parents. Today isn't too bad, but it's wrecked me. Having no sense of taste or smell is bothering me quite a bit too. Noticed it first eating a banana. Weird experience. My dad got sick first, mom hurt her knee the same day, it hit me a day later, then mom soon after. I basically ended up playing nurse to two sick senior citizens while sick with it myself lol.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of wonder if I had it myself back in like February/March last year. I had probably the worst flu I've ever had at end of December/early January last year (went to the doctor and everything, tested positive for Type 2 influenza), then about a month later, had some of the same symptoms all over again just less extreme - constant fever, body aches, fatigue, congestion. Ever since then, I get winded and feel worn down pretty easily, even to this day. It's weird. I mean, it could definitely not be COVID, and I could just be connecting too many dots that aren't really there, but yeah, I definitely wonder.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I just lost my sense of smell today and I can barely taste anything. This is incredibly weird and I'm really worried about how long it will remain like this...

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Of the people I know it's only been mild, like the common flu. They've lost smell/taste but it's slowly coming back.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
I was diagnosed with Covid and pneumonia and am currently in the ICU. I'm pretty fucking terrified and pissed off at the same time. I wore masks, didn't go out partying, even lost some friends over it. Got groceries delivered, left my office door closed, i did everything right.

And here I am. And everyone around traveling without a care are fine. I am looking at death down the hallway and there is nothing i can do about it.

Ironically, never lost sense of taste or smell. Just extreme fatigue and breathing is hard as hell. Oxygen is now hard to reliably keep above 90%. Prob going to need to be on a ventilator at this rate soon.

Deleted member 17289

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was diagnosed with Covid and pneumonia and am currently in the ICU. I'm pretty fucking terrified and pissed off at the same time. I wore masks, didn't go out partying, even lost some friends over it. Got groceries delivered, left my office door closed, i did everything right.

And here I am. And everyone around traveling without a care are fine. I am looking at death down the hallway and there is nothing i can do about it.

Ironically, never lost sense of taste or smell. Just extreme fatigue and breathing is hard as hell. Oxygen is now hard to reliably keep above 90%. Prob going to need to be on a ventilator at this rate soon.
I wish the best outcome and recovery for you.

Oct 29, 2017

Hold strong

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
My wife's 95 year old grandparents just got through covid pretty easily. I'm quite amazed to be honest. I bet I'd be one of those people that end up in the hospital. They don't make them like that anymore, they've been through the great depression and WWII.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

You def want to push for them to put you on something sooner than later. esp if it's becoming hard to be above 90. I really really hope you recover.

Oct 25, 2017

Keeping you in my thoughts Cien, this thing is a bastard and hitting those who exactly don't deserve it.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

Pulling for you. Stay strong. We are here for you to vent.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the best outcome and recovery for you.
You def want to push for them to put you on something sooner than later. esp if it's becoming hard to be above 90. I really really hope you recover.
Keeping you in my thoughts Cien, this thing is a bastard and hitting those who exactly don't deserve it.
Pulling for you. Stay strong. We are here for you to vent.

Thanks all. I was just authorized to be given Remdesivir. I'm not sure how much it will help me in my state, but im clinging on to anything right now. Wife is beside herself, and there isn't much i can do for her.

Deleted member 17289

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks all. I was just authorized to be given Remdesivir. I'm not sure how much it will help me in my state, but im clinging on to anything right now. Wife is beside herself, and there isn't much i can do for her.
You will be fine! Let us know once you recover. I'll be looking out for your message.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
You are still good since you got there when you were close to 90, some people show up when they are in the 80s and lower. Also are they telling you how you should sleep? Def don't sleep on your back, try to sleep on your stomach or side it will help you in terms of breathing even when you are in bed don't go on your back.

also request as much fluids as possible too always have a full drink or large water/ beverage too nearby.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
So I recorded a video of my tremors.

Now that I'm actually up and mobile, it's getting to the point where they're causing general pain. My back, knees, and neck are all agitated and given that I almost doubled over into a door knob, it's hitting my core too. This shit isn't fun. I hope none of you all end up having this start to impact you, either.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
So I recorded a video of my tremors.

Now that I'm actually up and mobile, it's getting to the point where they're causing general pain. My back, knees, and neck are all agitated and given that I almost doubled over into a door knob, it's hitting my core too. This shit isn't fun. I hope none of you all end up having this start to impact you, either.

Ive had mini tremors localized up by my upper back and head but nothing like this. Wow. Have you gone to see your doctor or a neurologist?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Ive had mini tremors localized up by my upper back and head but nothing like this. Wow. Have you gone to see your doctor or a neurologist?
I don't have a doctor or neurologist to go see. I'm in the process of trying to find something covered by my insurance and not 37848234 miles away to not completely inconvenience anyone who might have to drive me.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I don't have a doctor or neurologist to go see. I'm in the process of trying to find something covered by my insurance and not 37848234 miles away to not completely inconvenience anyone who might have to drive me.
Damn yeah you need to find a general doctor, actually you could even go to an urgent care and have them refer you to a neurologist. Do you feel like you have a lot of fatigue I feel like the tremors I have are fatigue/anxiety related like if I chill I feel fine but then times I have a tremor

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Damn yeah you need to find a general doctor, actually you could even go to an urgent care and have them refer you to a neurologist. Do you feel like you have a lot of fatigue I feel like the tremors I have are fatigue/anxiety related like if I chill I feel fine but then times I have a tremor
I'm not outright exhausted all the time like I was in the beginning, but I do find myself getting tired faster, the tremors just compound it. And I think the insomnia is coming back too since it took me a long ass time to actually fall asleep last night. But with the fatigue, I didn't even wake up until 2pm. Shit's weird.

I was thinking about just sliding over to urgent care. There's one a three minute drive from me, so I could probably make it there and back home on my own. I was supposed to be back to work today, but HR kept me out because of my tremors.

Probably not going to be back to work for awhile.