• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think I could grow a moustache?

• Yes; just don't have shave in at least X months

Votes: 151 46.5%
  • No; very sparce

Votes: 174 53.5%

• Total voters

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think with some shaping and trimming you can have a good mustache, I'd not let it grow on its own. Shape it.

I had a beard during the first few months of quarantine, but my Ashkenazi genes kicked in and I just looked Hasid if it went wild (I hate that look)

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
The thing with Minoxidil to grow facial hair is that you DO NOT need to use it for life. I maybe used it sparingly for 1-2 months on my jaw line and it made my bear grow to fill in the patchyness but I stopped using it to keep a "young look" lol. If I keep applying it, I would look like Kratos (2018 edi).

Also once your facial hair is "woken" up, its not like hair on your head that gets lighter of you dont keep applying it. Again, its to start your facial hair process to grow out if it hasnt. Once it does, you stop using minox.
Looks like I'll grab a 3 month supply and give it a shot then, thanks. If I could just fill in the bits around my mouth and apply some balm (which I just bought, though I'm not sure if the difference between it and wax) I think I'd be happier with what I can do.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I still can't tame it. The hairs are very coarse and thick, and the wax I purchased (the one I posted before) is just not working.

I need some cement or something.
Waxes, in my experience, are better suited for thinner hair. You're looking for a hot oil treatment, as hair that can't be tamed like you say is usually because the hair is chronically dry, which is not an uncommon trait.
Additionally, you have enough length now that you can start trimming in addition to simple styling. While you may think, since this is your first actual-factual moustache, that every hair is precious, I can tell you from experience that it's not true. But since this is your first go at it, you may want to see someone familiar with trimming and shaping to guide you to the shape you want to achieve.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Additionally, you have enough length now that you can start trimming in addition to simple styling. While you may think, since this is your first actual-factual moustache, that every hair is precious, I can tell you from experience that it's not true. But since this is your first go at it, you may want to see someone familiar with trimming and shaping to guide you to the shape you want to achieve.

Yeah, same as growing out your hair on your head. The best way to keep it healthy and groomed is to still do regular trims.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Looks like I'll grab a 3 month supply and give it a shot then, thanks. If I could just fill in the bits around my mouth and apply some balm (which I just bought, though I'm not sure if the difference between it and wax) I think I'd be happier with what I can do.
I think I month is all you need. You will apply a small amount each time unless you want a thick beard.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
613Mkol2XSL._AC_SY741_.jpg

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I feel your pain OP. I'm 41, and I can't grow a beard for the life of me. My avatar pic is pretty much where all my facial hair is located (although I had shaved prior to this picture taken, so this is probably a few days after shaving). I can get a little scruff on the sides of my face, but it never grows beyond that. I just want to have at least 1 photo of me with a nicely trimmed beard! Then I can shave it off! XD

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
I think you look better in your current stubbly state, OP.

Week 8 looked good with the glasses, but week 14 looked pretty bad sorry ✌️

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
You look way better without the moustache, please let it remain gone haha

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the reverse predicament. When we went in lockdown (March) I announced I would not be trimming my beard until we're back to normal. At the time that was to be April.

Now we're at home until at least January and I don't like it but also I'm no quitter so I'm kind of stuck. Send help.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
I'm in the reverse predicament. When we went in lockdown (March) I announced I would not be trimming my beard until we're back to normal. At the time that was to be April.

Now we're at home until at least January and I don't like it but also I'm no quitter so I'm kind of stuck. Send help.
What product are you using? Do you blowdry it when you get out of the shower?

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest - you have a beautiful head of hair, OP, but your mustache takes away from your entire face. My immediate first thought was Graft Versus Host (GVH) from Arrested Development but then I realized I was being dramatic - yours is slightly better than that.

Get rid of your mustache and chin hair completely. You look so much better without it, especially with that beautiful hair on your head.