• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think I could grow a moustache?

• Yes; just don't have shave in at least X months

Votes: 151 46.5%
  • No; very sparce

Votes: 174 53.5%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
México
So, one of my dreams is to have a beard (I think I need better dreams). But I can't. It's simple genetics. I will never grow a beard. I'm 36 years old, and I don't have a single folicule on my cheeks. My chin only has a few sparce ugly hairs.

My dad used to have an amazing mexican moustache, and my younger brother can grow a beard. So, I don't know why genetics fucked me up. Anyway... I think in the moustache area I have decent hair density, but maybe it's my imagination.

What do you think? Do you think I could grow a moustache? I just took the picture 10 minutes ago. I shaved last Wednesday, so today would be the 5th day without shaving. Just ignore the "facial hair" on my chin (that's going away). I'm planning to let my moustache grow for at least 3 months.

UCNWNL3l.png

EDIT:
Week 3
V5wrr0nl.jpg

Week 5
j21GG24l.jpg

Week 6
6vFpaTDl.jpg

Week 7
oLmG2KQl.jpg

Week 8
405R6fcl.jpg

Week 14
FkxwQDY.jpg

Week 14.5
2oCSiTI.jpg

Last edited:

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
you don't look 36

shit if you shaved that you'd look 20-something

that's good right?

I also can't grow bear, but im starting to look older.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Yeah, you cant grow a beard, but you're aging like fine wine my friend.

EDIT: Also, looking at the mustache, you could probably grow one but I dont know if it's the best choice.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait 3 months and see if you like it. A beard would definitely look great on you, it would make your jaw lines look stronger and more defined.
You're not ugly btw, no reason for that title.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd kill to have a mustache that thick. I can mostly only grow a neckbeard so never stuck with it but I've been letting it grow since November or so and for the first time have a decent-ish beard. My mustache is so thin it doesn't even connect to the beard fully. Your's looks fine to me, I actually think it could look good with the goatee you got going too.

Also, not an ugly pic at all.

Oct 27, 2017
I expected much worse. At least it isn't symmetrical and isn't just on your neck. I've known people who basically only grow chin straps and then the rest is neckbeard

Oct 27, 2017
That mustache looks pretty dense for only 5 days in. I'd say you can do it.

Worst case scenario you can pull off the 'hideo kojima'.

S84Y1TG.png

Guzim

Oct 25, 2017
Mods, please change the thread title. It should say handsome picture inside.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
OP grass is always greener on the other side.

I'm in a similar situation and what we lack in facial hair, we gain in terms of youthfulness. You look fantastic for 36.

Reeks

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love mustaches. Can't get my bf to grow one.

Looks great btw - good shape and should grow in fine

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who can't grow a beard as it's thin and patchy, and who's mustache comes out also thin regardless of how long I wait, I just keep my facial hair super short and have to work on it week after week so it doesn't get long enough it looks bad. With your face type unless you can grow a thick mustache, I would just keep it short/the shadow.

Edit: yeah someone posted hideo and that's basically what I do.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That mustache looks pretty dense for only 5 days in. I'd say you can do it.

Worst case scenario you can pull off the 'hideo kojima'.

S84Y1TG.png

This is a great point of reference for anyone with a weak facial hair game. The other thing is the glasses, combined with keeping a lean face. Its all about playing to your strengths and not letting it bother you.

Kojima would probably look 30 if he went clean shaven and ditched the glasses.

Deleted member 64002

Banned
Feb 19, 2020
So, one of my dreams is to have a beard (I think I need better dreams). But I can't. It's simple genetics. I will never grow a beard. I'm 36 years old, and I don't have a single folicule on my cheeks. My chin only has a few sparce ugly hairs.

My dad used to have an amazing mexican moustache, and my younger brother can grow a beard. So, I don't know why genetics fucked me up. Anyway... I think in the moustache area I have decent hair density, but maybe it's my imagination.

What do you think? Do you think I could grow a moustache? I just took the picture 10 minutes ago. I shaved last Wednesday, so today would be the 5th day without shaving. Just ignore the "facial hair" on my chin (that's going away). I'm planning to let my moustache grow for at least 3 months.

UCNWNL3.png
This is gonna sound weird but you look like a cross between Toby Mcquire and a real life Dean Venture it looks good on you regardless.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Honestly OP, I have a beard and like beards on most guys, but I think you look great clean-shaven. If you've got a break due to confinement, by all means try for a mustache, but you don't need it to look great ❤️

(And who knows, maybe you'll manage to grow a lovely one in your 40s!)

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
Mustaches are great mine worked great when I was still in the market. It says you are not afraid of hair in your mouth.

Go for it

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm about a decade younger than you and sorta suffer from worst.
I'm only capable of growing patches of whiskers all over my face.
I just don't have the genetics to grow a damn beard.
Also doesn't help that I also look younger than my age...

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
You look fine and I'm jealous. I'm 33 and they give me the senior discount at Burger King.

Whats really bothering me is my pet peeve is activated and your stay puff marshmellow man is "in view" of the TV screen. I get weird when things are blocking any part of a screen.
But yeah you look good.

Oct 29, 2017
Give it a few months, quarantine is the perfect time to do so. I feel like every dude's gotta try grow what they can once just to see. If it doesn't work, you'll at least know how it'll turn out.
Couple years ago I grew mine out. It looked ok, but I'm better off without, and now I know.

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, one of my dreams is to have a beard (I think I need better dreams). But I can't. It's simple genetics
One of my dreams is to have a head full of hair but I can't, simple genetics :[

Speaking as a guy with a full beard, I think you'd look better just clean shaven. The good news for you is, you're a good looking dude so don't feel bad.

Last edited:

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
A mustache is hard to pull off. Can't really tell how well yours comes in this early. Let it go for awhile and see how it progresses.

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
So, I don't know why genetics fucked me up

Bro what. I know you're speaking about facial hair here, but I'm only 33 and I wish I looked that good.

Hell, I can grow a fantastic beard, but I'm bald on top. I'd switch with you any day.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Inappropriate joke
I literally screamed when I saw that picture.

Pls don't, you look like one of those guys from college who used to rant for hours about how Naruto is the best anime ever and then just casually bleps out something homophobic/racist/sexist/etc and then continues ranting as if nobody noticed what the fuck you just said

twentytwo22

Oct 25, 2017

Pls don't, you look like one of those guys from college who used to rant for hours about how Naruto is the best anime ever and then just casually bleps out something homophobic/racist/sexist/etc and then continues ranting as if nobody noticed what the fuck you just said

Jesus, this sure is a shitty reply.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017

What? What are you on?

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I would not grow a mustache in general, but you might as well try it. It may be a nor or never thing. And for 5 days, you're doing well.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty good for 5 days, why not give it another week or two and see how it fills out?

I have the baby face but can't grow shit, I went two weeks and only got neck scruff :(

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Good news: You look younger at 36 than I do at 26.

As for your question: Give it a shot. You can always trim or shave if you don't like the results.