• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Came across this guy on Youtube a couple days ago and this is easily one of the most impressive, crazy things that I've seen a human do. This guys brain is working faster than an overclocked Intel i9. It's insane.
So for anyone who doesn't know Harry Mack, he's a freestyle rapper who has Youtube Series where he asks random people on the street to throw words at him to freestyle about.
What I find so incredibly impressive is the fact that he doesn't just simply rhyme the words thrown at him, he sometimes builds entire storylines off the top of his head around these words.
Like check this shit out (2:13).

The girl says robotoid and he immediately spits out the sickest Allen Iverson bar "This shit is too original, you know that I stay fly, crossover like Allen Iverson - AI" God damn.
The freestyle about Trump at the end of that video is crazy good too.

This is crazy as well. The way he's freestyling his instagram handle off the top of his head
"Hold up, its (H) (A) (double R) (Y), you can find me on Instagram, I'm a hard guy.
Yea, Harry Mack, lyrics soundin well writ, while I kick a freestyle, I teach you how to spell shit"

And this is just pure insane.
Girl says Avocado and immediately he spits out the line "I got the raw bravado, I eat all the tacos, at the Alvarado, extra Avocado"
Like what? Does he perceive everything in slow motion?

Go check him out guys. This dude should have his own Netflix show

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that is super impressive he doesn't even hesitate when people drop words at him the flow never stops.

Poemkin

Oct 27, 2017
Battle rappers build up their neural pathways through practise, amazing what people can do when they're at mastery level.

Jun 10, 2018
I think OP would be amazed to see the depths some battle rappers can go just coming off the dome.

Nothing beats watching two MCs going back and forth in a test of metaphor and storytelling

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's probably built up a lot of good generic filler bars from years and years and years of practice. He's really good. It felt like he was buying time often but when he finally let out bars matching the subject you can see he's improvising many steps ahead.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
There's a long history of stuff like this in hip-hop, he's not the first.

The cruel irony is great freestylers tend not to be great MC's when they gotta put a full song together, lol.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Could be plants and he spits out rehearsed lines. I'm a cynic, sorry..

Some people are just crazy talented:

www.youtube.com

MARC REBILLET IS LIVE STREAM

MERCH IS BACK: https://www.bonfire.com/quaranstream/https://www.marcrebillet.com/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marcrebillet/Facebook: https://www.face...

www.youtube.com

Pianist plays INSANE Mega Medley for hours

My socials are all here: https://www.linktr.ee/lara6683/My Twitch -- Watch live at https://www.twitch.tv/lara6683Learn piano with flowkey! https://tinyurl.co...

Here are just 2 musicians who can take requests for hours on end.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
He is crazy good, he does have a couple of common major crutches tho,
"When I'm on the mic"
and just saying your own name are 2 major crutches.

Still super impressive tho

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
No. Harry is solidified. From the streets to the Ellen show. Rare raw talent meets an even more rare work ethic.

Harry, King Los, Lupe, Charron and yes, Chris Turner, got the random top 5 locked as far as going off the top PURE.
I am so glad that people recognize Lupe's freestyle talent. Dude is ridiculous when he's but acting a fool.

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
You can also come up with a bunch of random lines on your own that you have stored in the back of your head just in case someone actually suggests them. Not so much in a "this was written" way, but in a "I'm gonna practice by using random words in the dictionary, and that way I have something similar if I need to spit it off the top" way.

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
MC Supernatural was one of the first to start doing freestyles where people give him the subject matter, there's clips of him back in the early 90's doing it, I've seen others do it in person and can tell you it's 100% not scripted.

Spock

Oct 27, 2017
I was just going to say look up supernatural. If you can find recordings of him on wkcr, stretch and bobito's radio show from NYC in the 90s there's some great long ass free styles he did with them dropping words and topics to him for like 20-30 mins straight.

Also there might be his freestyle battle with Greg G from the same period out there as well.

Man I use to record stretch and Bob on to cassette pretty religiously. Wish I would have kept all those tapes. Same with my damn game mags. Egm 1, original Nintendo power, VGCE.
Even old boxed pc games I had, I dumped like a dummy. For example the original TES Arena, Etc.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
I have a buddy who is one of the best freestylers I've ever encountered.

Crazy part is that he can effortlessly switch from English, German and Italian while free styling.

I'm okay at it, it's like a muscle. The more you do it the better you get.

CallmeDave

Oct 27, 2017
You might find the Basque tradition of Bartosolaritza interesting Op. Basically a singer must improvise a song which aligns with certain prescribed length and rhyming metrics, all within less than a minute. This part of this video walks through the thought process of improving one of these songs.

King Fossil

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking from total ignorance about freestyling -- If I had to summarize how he does it smoothly, non-stop, is by using filler bars/verses involving himself or his name, e.g. "when it comes to freestyle, no one does it better", "yo Harry Mack I'm about to do my thing", etc. until he is able to process the next key phrase/word he wants to rhyme. His flow and wordplay is still impressive to me, so count me as a new fan.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This guy is dope off the top. Yeah he has fillers but even so he kills it. Doesn't drop a beat and that's impressive.

Life MC from the UK is also dope off the top.

OP
OP
eebster

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
He's been rocking the lockdown with his Omegle Bars series. Just keeps getting better and better, his videos are basically 20 minutes of straight up smiling for me and forgetting my problems for a while. Just an incredible talent.

Maybe you've seen this video. This guy tells him that his fiancée died of covid and he throws out an incredible freestsyle tribute for her just like that

His humpus freestyle is another highlight. Just created a killer commercial song for this sex toy on the spot

Just too many highlights to post them all, each of his videos has at least a handful of killer bars that leave me speachless

FlashbladeERA

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking from total ignorance about freestyling -- If I had to summarize how he does it smoothly, non-stop, is by using filler bars/verses involving himself or his name, e.g. "when it comes to freestyle, no one does it better", "yo Harry Mack I'm about to do my thing", etc. until he is able to process the next key phrase/word he wants to rhyme. His flow and wordplay is still impressive to me, so count me as a new fan.
That was like 6 months ago...

He still has a few filler bars here and there, but now he is a beast.
He actively tries to stop himself from relying on the same filler. He's constantly improving

The Guerilla Bars are fun but they no longer do the man justice
The first Omegle Bars is the perfect introduction to H-Mack. The people on there really test his skills and his patience.

It also sets the "word choice" bar high with him getting one of the "longest words" given to date.

The second one shows his heart

Last edited:

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for the pandemic to end so that I can watch him walk around LA making people happy with his free style

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Have you seen the show Whose Line is It Anyway? It's an improv show & the American version generally has at least 1 segment per episode where they make up songs.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Damn. When those guys from Morocco said they dream about having the rights he does in the US, that shit hit really hard. It's cool that he was able to at least make them smile and have a good time, but really puts shit into perspective. :(

Guy is extremely talented, wow

OP
OP
eebster

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This one is a bit older but I just saw it and I think it might be his most impressive video of them all. Doing a freestyle with a random word generator but with an overarching theme. He ties every single random word that that apps throws at him into this love song. It all makes sense thematically. And just of the top of his head in one second without a single stutter. This shit is insane

His latest Omegle Bars was fire as well

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
He continues to improve (somehow).

Please watch if you have any interest in freestyle rap. He is the greatest to ever come off the top of the dome, and frankly it isn't close. The Omegle Bars series is food for the soul man.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
His newer Omegle stuff is incredibly light years beyond his old street stuff. The way he'll stick to concept from a single word and break it down in so many posible ways while multi syllable rhyming and also doing word play is just amazing. You can tell he's already put a life time behind his craft. It wouldn't be an exaggeration at all to say he literally is the best freestyler (known) on the planet. He's gone up against some of the greatest before him, like Blind Fury and just literally outclassed him. It's just a completely different level even from himself a few years back.

Godsfather

Jul 14, 2019

Please watch if you have any interest in freestyle rap. He is the greatest to ever come off the top of the dome, and frankly it isn't close. The Omegle Bars series is food for the soul man.

the greatest to ever do it from off top? Lol you can't be serious man I gotta question your frame of reference here

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

After each Omegle video I think next week's has to be a decline from the previous but then he does this kind of shit and I'm proven wrong over and over again. Mindblown