• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
It was a huge shocker when I found out about it all those years back, being diagnosed at such a young age, and still the peak of his career.

I am glad to see he is still staying strong even after 3 decades of illness, making the occasional appearance on a series, as a guest on talk shows often, and continuing to do his philanthropy in fighting this debilitating disease.

He was, and still is a treasure. His role on The Good wife is still one of my favorites.

Oct 25, 2017
I always get a little teary watching him fuck around with Larry on that one episode of Curb. His legacy can't be understated, he's a treasure indeed. I never knew he was on the Good Wife, I need to check that out!

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
He was hilarious in Curb too. He's just a really likeable screen presence, and his attitude towards fundraising for Parkinson's research and care is really admirable. He knows it's (almost certainly) too late for any cure for him, but his focus is on seeking to improve quality of life for others.

Sad that he had to give up acting full time, but his body of work before his diagnosis, his continued work where he's been able to, and his advocacy and fundraising efforts have secured his long lasting legacy.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
The Michael J Fox Foundation has raised over $700 million for Parkinson's research.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man...such a sad thing that happened to him. He was the next big thing...First Family Ties then Back To The Future.
We missed out on his prime career. He was also very charismatic on screen. So handsome too. And so much talent.

Breaks my heart watching him in interviews barely keeping it together and seeing him fight so hard to contain his illness.

:(

jinkx

Sep 11, 2019
His guest appearence on The Good Wife is brilliant! I can't believe that he never won an emmy for it (he was nominated quite a few times)

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
His guest appearence on The Good Wife is brilliant! I can't believe that he never won an emmy for it (he was nominated quite a few times)

He continued to reappear on that and The Good Fight; he is honestly more of a supporting actor than a guest and a "in-universe" threat, so to speak, within the MCU of those two shows. Really great.

To your point he never won, but was nominated for a best guest actor emmy 5 times (!) on TGF.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
30 years? Surely you mean 20...

I had no idea he had such a good career afterwards.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
That fuckin Coke bottle, man.
Coke.gif

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
The Frighteners and Doc Hollywood are underrated.

The Secret of My Success isn't... but I still enjoy it anyways.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My dad is linda inspired by the guy, 15 years since diagnosis and going strong.

BlueKaty

Nov 30, 2020
I recently watched Mars Attacks again and he has a small role in this. If you pay attention you can see him trying to hide his symptoms by moving his arms/hands a lot.
I like him a lot and it's great he's doing so much for other people suffering from this disease. I've seen a few interviews of him where he seemed to get better but then in another one he actually said it's only because sometimes he's overdoing his medication. :(