• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Here are some shots of the XSX in a horizontal position. That bottom stand isn't removable according to Microsoft. I really don't understand that design choice.

v6afz4z6o1n41.png

g2s7tgu5wdj51.jpg

I would much rather have the XSS in terms of looks but I don't want to miss out on 4k Bethesda games and probably pick up games like Cyberpunk on XSX.

Any tips for making it look good horizontally in an entertainment centre?

Looking to be convinced so I pre-order it in 45 mins lol

gr8kamon

Oct 30, 2017
I completely agree. Love the overall look, but I don't think I can deal with the stand and the logo being sideways. If I cannot find a way to keep it vertical I'm gonna try and hide it away.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I understand the reason for the stand being a permanent fixture because of the vents, but yeah, it does make it look weird when horizontal.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I have no idea how to make that aesthetically pleasing without somehow modding the stand off. I understand why they don't want it removable--having the vents unable to get any airflow would be bad if you had it vertical--but it's horrible looking when horizontal. Just ugly.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I was gonna say put the stand end against a wall/shelf, but it looks like there's vents there.

Learn to love the circle I guess.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
How about looking at it from this angle:

5e6f8d3ec485402d027da6ca

Still not satisfied? Then put it vertical. ;)

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You could put that stand against the side of the compartment of your entertainment center so it isn't showing. The stand will still provide the necessary distance for airflow. Just put it right up against the wall of the compartment.

kaiush

Jan 22, 2018
The logo is the worst part. Strange they designed the system for vertical use. How many people have their systems vertical?

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Here are some shots of the XSX in a horizontal position. That bottom stand isn't removable according to Microsoft. I really don't understand that design choice.

If they make it removable, someone will take it off, put it vertical and block air ingress into cooling system, and after a while their Xbox melts and they're angry. Making fixed ensures that there's less chance of that happening though I'm sure someone will find a way to block all the air ingress points shortly after launch.

Are you going to position the xbox so you sit to the far left of it? Surely there's a better place or position you can put it in so you don't see the stand?

Plum

May 31, 2018
Honestly this is a potential factor in whether I keep my Series X pre-order or cancel it and go for a Series S instead. The Series S works so much better in my horizontal setup, and will even mesh with my PS5 with its White+Black colour scheme.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Looks like you have vertical room for it to stand tall?

If the top is facing out, your wires will be exposed.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I got the depth covered. It's just what the cables sticking out on the left (or right) side in the back would look like.
It would look terrible.

Why wouldn't you want to stand it? does your setup not have the vertical clearance? It's a perfectly minimalist slab if you can achieve the vertical orientation in your setup.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Given the feedback, I bet we get a mini redesign with removable stand very quickly.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I am just happy it's going to fit in my entertainment center not only is the PS5 ugly as hell it's also a monster. I am still trying to figure out where I can put it

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you're putting it on a shelf, you can simply have the bottom side pushed against the wall of said shelf.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
It's ugly but it's not meant for the horizontal positioning. It's technically possible but...ugh.
I think the base cannot be removed because they fear of people removing it and placing the console vertically with the consoles then going the rrod way.

OP
OP
tabris

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
If I had one I would try my hardest to find a vertical spot for it.

Here's my problem, the clearance between my entertainment stand and my mounted tv is less than 11.6 inches (it's around 8). So if I put it vertically it would cut it off. Here's the exact setup:

hmAJrUf.jpg

Only 2 options I have is to put it horizontal within the entertainment centre, put it in one of the closed shelves (I would think overheating would become a problem), or put it on the left hand side on the floor (which I don't love).

OP
OP
tabris

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Oooh, or last option, maybe I use the bottom middle section, push it against the left side wall and then put the controller charger to the right of it so it doesn't look weird.

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my problem, the clearance between my entertainment stand and my mounted tv is less than 11.6 inches (it's around 8). So if I put it vertically it would cut it off. Here's the exact setup:

hmAJrUf.jpg

Only 2 options I have is to put it horizontal within the entertainment centre, put it in one of the closed shelves (I would think overheating would become a problem), or put it on the left hand side on the floor (which I don't love).

Nice flex

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
The stand is definitely awkward but the box itself looks silly to me. Will probably wait for a hardware revision a few years down the line.