• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rudeboyoslo

Jan 5, 2018
Cheese is one of life's great pleasures. That being said I only started appreciating stronger cheeses as I got older

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Brie isn't even bad.
You ever have Limburger? Smells like a mixture of sweaty armpits and dirty crotches.
It's not for me.

Oct 27, 2017
slider-01.jpg

So good.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
It often tastes a lot better (and different) than it smells.

Like, sometimes I'll take a cheese out of the wrapping and it STINKS, but after letting it air out for a minute the smell starts to go away. And the taste is delicious.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it either. I can't stand any cheese that is really pungent or is the main thing I'm tasting in a dish.

OP
OP
Wreck We Em

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So the office bought some stinky cheese for some announcement and I thought it was brie, turns out it was Gouda

viral

Oct 25, 2017
You actually think Brie/Gouda are stinky? They barely have a smell. Try some blue cheese, those actually have a pretty strong smell and are really delicious. There's also a traditional Hungarian cheese called "Pálpusztai" that got (in)famous for it's horrible smell. I never tried it, but smelled it as a kid a lot when my grandmother would eat it, and it's so bad that you pretty much have to leave the room if you don't wanna puke.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Because things taste different than the smell, has complex flavors especially when combined with different parings

You actually think Brie/Gouda are stinky? They barely have a smell. Try some blue cheese, those actually have a pretty strong smell and are really delicious. There's also a traditional Hungarian cheese called "Pálpusztai" that got (in)famous for it's horrible smell. I never tried it, but smelled it as a kid a lot when my grandmother would eat it, and it's so bad that you pretty much have to leave the room if you don't wanna puke.

Brie is literally the most "neutral" cheese there is lol

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm with OP. I can eat mozzarella on pizza and that's as far as I go.

I once had a long business lunch where the other 3 people ordered the fucking cheese board for desert, and I was forced to smell it all for about an hour. It was like a living nightmare.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
Sometimes it's hard. Limburger actually tastes decent to me, but the foot smell is just too much. It stinks up the fridge and I don't like getting that stuff on my hands because it's hard to wash off.

I find it weird that people are saying brie stinks. Or gouda. Those are incredibly mild cheeses.

Oct 28, 2017
People saying that Brie doesn't smell, are you from America?

Proper raw milk Brie de Meaux has a strong smell, but it's illegal in the US

Mar 30, 2019
Queso you don't like smelly cheese. I will be a brave paneer and make the kaas that I get your share. I will try think of a pun or formaggio from this subject without jaban at your expense. Yes syr, it brings a tyri to my eye.

Cheez-it!
*runs away*

Last edited:

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
People saying that Brie doesn't smell, are you from America?

Proper raw milk Brie de Meaux has a strong smell, but it's illegal in the US
Brie that you find in the US barely has any smell.
If you find like Brie but artisanal or something it actually smells but not that strongly.

Also Reblochon is the best thing you can melt.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
It's best to try and expand your pallette rather than just dismissing things. Try some different things, you'll develop a taste for it and it may open up new things you wanna try.

It always seems quite childish to me when people just dismiss food options because they smell bad 😂

Oct 28, 2017
Gouda? Next OP will be saying Emmentaler stinks.

Brie isn't even bad.
You ever have Limburger? Smells like a mixture of sweaty armpits and dirty crotches.
It's not for me.

I'm not a big fan of stinky cheese (or soft cheese in general), but I can deal with it.

But Limburger is something else. I once accidentally bought it without realizing. Had to force myself to eat it. It really smells exactly like sweaty feet, and the smell clings to everything. Your hands smell. The fridge smells. Everything smells.