• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I mean, how many of the first party games showed yesterday had actual gameplay? Let´s see:

- Halo Infinite: yes
- As Dusk Falls: no (?)
- Avowed: no
- Fable: no
- Forza Motorsport: no
- State of Decay 3: no
- Everwild: no
- Grounded: yes
- Psychonauts 2: yes (delayed again)
- Tell me Why: no

The Hellblade II case is flagrant in my opinion, after a cinematic (supposedly in-engine) trailer you at least expect something similar, if not a short gameplay video.

That is 3 out of 11 games actually showing gameplay, if you agree with my counting.

news.xbox.com

Introducing the Largest, Most Creatively Diverse Games Lineup in Console History, Led by Halo Infinite - Xbox Wire

Our unique vision for the next generation of gaming starts with players at the center, immersing you in riveting, fun, and mind-blowing experiences—on any device. We know what matters the most to you: unforgettable games. Games that deeply connect you with fascinating characters, vast worlds and...

I know many of their studios are brand new and are essentially in a phase of building, so maybe games development is not as smooth as desired. But still... How much do we have to wait to see the actual fruits of all of these investments?

I think we all expected more gameplay in general, especially when the event was described as a games showcase.

I wasn´t particularly in a hurry for buying an Xbox Series X, but this has just made me confident in keep waiting. I wonder if this has impacted the decision of anybody previously thinking on buying the system day one.

Oct 27, 2017
You realize there was a thread for the showcase right? Also who cares we saw they are making some good things . I thought most knew they werent all coming out this year.

tandeciarz

Apr 21, 2020
I'm kinda happy about what they're doing with Destiny 2, I'll probably just own both PS5 and Series X anyway...

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
You made a whole thread about how you, personally, are waiting to buy an Xbox Series X.

What is this forum turning into lol

I think we all expected more gameplay

Nah. Systems rarely have a ton of games on launch, so expecting any significant amount of gameplay is a bit wild, especially because we've known a ton of these games are quite some time away (and COVID isn't helping). Sony also had shit for gameplay so.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Another concern thread. Tell me, how many PS5 games will you be playing this winter that are not an expansion / upgraded port to a current gen game?

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Dude just buy whatever you want now then whatever you want later.

Or just buy their games on pc, or Xbox one, or xcloud, or Lockhart, or series x, or don't buy it and use gamepass. Any option that works for you works for them.

Microsoft changed their whole business so that they don't need you to buy a console anymore. That's the whole point or if you do then that's great too.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Another concern thread. Tell me, how many PS5 games will you be playing this winter that are not an expansion / upgraded port to a current gen game?
I think it's okay for someone to be disappointed that many of the games shown off didn't have gameplay, or just got a CG trailer. Some of these games seem quite far off.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I think we all expected more gameplay in general, especially when the event was described as a games showcase.

I don't know why people expected this, or why people keep expecting these shows to suddenly start showing more gameplay. It seems pretty clear by now that the best way to do these things is avoid showing gameplay until you absolutely have to.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kinda happy about what they're doing with Destiny 2, I'll probably just own both PS5 and Series X anyway...

60fps Destiny was all I needed to hear - that and being able to play my unplayed X1 games on there while waiting for these showcase games to release so I can play them day 1 on GamePass seems like a good bet to me : )

Status
Not open for further replies.