• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
So about a week ago my vacuum broke. I don't why I put up with it for as long as I did. It was loud, it barely sucked, I couldn't vacuum the laminate flooring so I still needed to swifter a third of the house and worse of all I barely lasted a year. I have two pets that sheds 2-9 lbs of a day and vacuuming is something that needs to happen. The fur is everywhere, I constantly have to clean out the roller in my vacuum, it's constantly clogging up my vacuums, and I think it's the main reason why I got through so many vacuums. Speaking of which, I owned so many vacuums in my life. At least 5 in the last 5 years. A vacuum a year, basically and I don't buy cheapest ones in the store. I brought everything from 'Big Dick Dysons' to 'Hype Machine Sharks'. Every single brand you can find in a box store, I tried them all. They all suck, and not in the good vacuum way.

So I got a God Tier vacuum

cec236b1-c530-4305-a793-93931a2243b6.jpeg

This thing is literally changing my life. I can vacuum every single inch of floor in my house with a easy swap of the head. The air coming out of this thing smells...clean. I never smelt air that smells so clean. The fucking cords auto winds. IT WINDS UP ON ITS OWN! THE FUCKING CORD WINDS ON ITS OWN! It's also smart, it knows how hard to suck for the given situation but it also has enough power to suck my soul out.

I am at tears with the vacuum machine. I can't believe life can be this good.

link to model

Miele - Complete C3 Brilliant PowerLine - SGPE0 Bronze/Pearl finish

Miele Vacuum cleaners | Complete C3 Brilliant PowerLine - SGPE0 Bronze/Pearl finish ✔ canister vacuum cleaners with unique premium features for the most discerning. ✔ Power Efficiency Motor with improved efficiency | Buy online now

Last edited:

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I had one of these built into my house as a kid. We just plugged the vacuum hose into the wall and vacuumed the entire house with it. It was amazing. Transitioning to actual vacuums was very weird and difficult.

Congrats, OP.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Miele is great. I'm more a Dyson person, but Miele is good stuff.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Miele was the vacuum that vacuum repair guy said he recommended the most in that infamous Reddit thread. I've always wanted one.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Miele's are fucking amazing and worth every penny. I also stick to that design too as I think they perform much better than typical uprights.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's their baseline model like? $1500 for a vacuum is big baller territory but $300-500 is doable if they're worth the money, having a kid soon and I know floor maintenance is gonna be an issue

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
What's their baseline model like? $1500 for a vacuum is big baller territory but $300-500 is doable if they're worth the money, having a kid soon and I know floor maintenance is gonna be an issue
I went on their US website and their cheapest model is 300.

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats on the purchase!

Once things calm down, I am going to get a good one as well. The one I have barely works, screams like a hydra from hell and smells awful.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
A decent vacuum will change your life. I️ got a nice shark brand one and it's been fabulous

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Good choice. I'd get a miele before anything else if I had a house. For my apartment the Roomba does a great job. It's from 2009 and still going strong after a couple of battery replacements and a bin upgrade. I'd probably go with a different brand to replace it today if I had to, but back then it was a the right choice for what I paid and it's still working great.

I have a crappy stick vac to get into areas the robot can't go. I'm planning to replace it with a refurb cordless Dyson soon. The new prices are stupid but unfortunately they seem to have the best performance for a cordless model and at refurb prices make sense. Shark options seem kind of bad, LG is really expensive, and the unknown brands littering Amazon seem questionable with tons of fake reviews.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
I've been in the market for a new vacuum. I have a Hoover Linx and the thing has lost all suction.

I don't know if I'm ready to follow O.P. Really having a hard time dropping more than 250 on a vacuum.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Central vac is god tier. You aren't cleaning unless you're pulling up the floorboards.

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
Enough power to suck your soul out eh? Soooo how long have you been sticking your dick in vaccum cleaners there Duffy

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I've been in the market for a new vacuum. I have a Hoover Linx and the thing has lost all suction.

I don't know if I'm ready to follow O.P. Really having a hard time dropping more than 250 on a vacuum.

had the same for around five years and then replaced it with a Dyson refurb for $300 CAD ($230 USD). No regrets ~6 years and counting. So good.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Meile makes vacuums? I'm scared to ask how much, their kitchen appliances are crazy $$$ we're Dyson folks in our household

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Back in '90 my parents bought me a piece of shit $300 car for my 16th birthday then bought a Rainbow brand vacuum for $1500 a week later. It was the best vacuum I have ever used in my life. You had to fill it with water and that would capture all the dust & dirt. You would then have to empty and clean it. Sure it was a pain, but goddamn did that fucker clean carpet.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
I have a Siberian Husky, and birds. I really need to invest in a better vacuum.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
So about a week ago my vacuum broke. I don't why I put up with it for as long as I did. It was loud, it barely sucked, I couldn't vacuum the laminate flooring so I still needed to swifter a third of the house and worse of all I barely lasted a year. I have two pets that sheds 2-9 lbs of a day and vacuuming is something that needs to happen. The fur is everywhere, I constantly have to clean out the roller in my vacuum, it's constantly clogging up my vacuums, and I think it's the main reason why I got through so many vacuums. Speaking of which, I owned so many vacuums in my life. At least 5 in the last 5 years. A vacuum a year, basically and I don't buy cheapest ones in the store. I brought everything from 'Big Dick Dysons' to 'Hype Machine Sharks'. Every single brand you can find in a box store, I tried them all. They all suck, and not in the good vacuum way.

So I brought a God Tier vacuum

cec236b1-c530-4305-a793-93931a2243b6.jpeg

This thing is literally changing my life. I can vacuum every single inch of floor in my house with a easy swap of the head. The air coming out of this thing smells...clean. I never smelt air that smells so clean. The fucking cords auto winds. IT WINDS UP ON ITS OWN! THE FUCKING CORD WINDS ON ITS OWN! It's also smart, it knows how hard to suck for the given situation but it also has enough power to suck my soul out.

I am at tears with the vacuum machine. I can't believe life can be this good.
Nice. What model is that? We have two sheddy dogs and constantly struggle.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, Miele is the top vacuum. Still use the one I got 6 years ago.

Can't wait for their Miele Gibson model.

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
I bought a Miele maybe seven years ago now and it's a rock. 2200W, but it didn't come with a power head - I purchased that later and it makes a huge difference also.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
If I wanted a cord I would definitely buy a Miele. The cordless Dysons are at the point now where they are all I need though.

Oct 27, 2017
How long have you had it? Hopefully it lasts.
I have two cats so it's not too bad. I got a "good enough" vacuum that was inexpensive and has lasted about three years.

OP
OP
Failburger

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
How long have you had it? Hopefully it lasts.
I have two cats so it's not too bad. I got a "good enough" vacuum that was inexpensive and has lasted about three years.

2 weeks.

Oh yeah, first day I got it I vacuumed my house and it filled up the bag halfway. I'd vacuumed earlier that day. It was as if the last vacuum did jack poop.

zerocypher

Oct 27, 2017
Had a feeling this would be about a Miele. Feels weird wanting one, yet alone spending that much on a vacuum but everyone raves about it.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
xiaomi_mi_cordless_vacuum_cleaner_01_l.jpg

That shit changed my life. For real.

Now i just need to find something that could change my life as much as this when washing the floor.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
For $1,500 it better come with a fleshlight attachment. That's more than the cost of my fridge + dishwasher.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
For $1,500 it better come with a fleshlight attachment. That's more than the cost of my fridge + dishwasher.
It's more than my vacuum + fridge + washer + dryer + chest freezer lol.

But damn am I ever intrigued. I could never feasibly afford something like this, but I bet it would be life changing. I have four dogs and a two year old. Despite running the robot vacuum and manually using my pet vacuum literally every single day one of my son's favorite hobbies is just pulling dog hair out of the carpet and driving me nuts.