• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
People play around with tire sizes all the time. If it's in a certain range then it's good.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would you want your insurance company to know that you were using the wrong sized tires after any accident?

That should answer the question

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Should be fine.

Here's what the numbers mean:

Width (wall to wall) / height (wheel to tread) / rim (diameter)

The first and third numbers are important to get right. The second much less so.

Oct 30, 2017
People of ResetEra, if you don't know anything about a topic don't offer advice on it. This nonsense about life insurance and his family's safety? What a joke.

The size of the tires is fine, so long as they're not shit tires there's no need to worry.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
holy balls...people really scared shitless about the difference of a 60 vs 65 series tire? they are fine OP, put them on.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would you want your insurance company to know that you were using the wrong sized tires after any accident?

That should answer the question
Insurance companies wouldn't give a shit about something like this.

People of ResetEra, if you don't know anything about a topic don't offer advice on it. This nonsense about life insurance and his family's safety? What a joke.

The size of the tires is fine, so long as they're not shit tires there's no need to worry.
Exactly

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Oh man these responses are hysterical, people here just spout off alarmist bullshit without knowing anything

Frankfurter

Oct 27, 2017
Insurance companies wouldn't give a shit about something like this.

I'd say that depends on the country OP lives in. In Germany, if your tires are not as according to the vehicle registration documents you are not allowed to operate the car. So yeah, an isurance will care if your car is allowed to drive on public roads or not.

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
So much wrong in this thread.

The only problem will be the speedo marking faster than actually is.

My car came with 236/65/17 on all sides and now I have 255/35/20 on fronts and 295/35/20 on the back(with different wheels than it came of course).

You should be fine

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
So much wrong in this thread.

The only problem will be the speedo marking faster than actually is.

My car came with 236/65/17 on all sides and now I have 255/35/20 on fronts and 295/35/20 on the back(with different wheels than it came of course).

You should be fine

He didn't change wheel size they are still 15" diameter the speedo is fine.

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
He didn't change wheel size they are still 15" diameter the speedo is fine.
Not really. The wheel still the same but the sidewall is a little b shorter now.

t5g7fkv_d.jpg

you can recalibrate your speedo at any shop in like 5 mins

Deleted member 36086

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 13, 2017
lol at some of the responses in this thread. There are plenty of cars/trucks out there with wheel/tire combos way more out of OEM spec than what OP wants to do with no problems. Only thing that will happen is the ride will be rougher ride and speedo will be out of spec.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's nothing major as long as all 4 are replaced. They'll probably wear down a bit faster since the height difference could mess with the stance of the car.

plain

Oct 27, 2017
Going from 65 to 60 for all four wheels is perfectly fine.

Posts telling you to sell the tires should be considered drive-by shitposting.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
If its all 4 that are that size, it won't matter. Just expect your speedometer to read high. The car will also be a bit lower to the ground.

I've run much smaller on my cars and it really doesn't matter. From a factory size of 195/60/15 to 205/50/15.
On another car I went from 195/70/14 to 195/55/15

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
People being super hyperbolic in here.

I guess everyone that gets new rims/tires or lifts their truck isn't covered by insurance any more.

Back in reality. Some cars actually have optional tire sizes. The difference in this case is so minimal it will make next to no difference.

Going from 65 to 60 for all four wheels is perfectly fine.

Posts telling you to sell the tires should be considered drive-by shitposting.
Yeah no shit.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Driving a car that "badly needs new tires" is way more dangerous than slightly off spec tires.

Obviously good on you for getting them replaced, but in the future, never let it get to that point. It could be disastrous.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
LOL what is half of the posters in here talking about? It's just a lower profile tire. You don't have to buy the exact same tire size

Op, you will be fine

Check-in your car documentation if it's one of the allowed sizes, some car have more then one, not likely.

And don't just put on, even if it's safe, it could very well invalidate your insurance if they check it...
Invalidate insurance?! What??????

My mind is boggled by some of these responses

V23

Oct 27, 2017
I've never heard of anyone buying tyres online. Was it really that much cheaper to buy online versus getting a tyre shop to do the whole thing?

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
People on this forum love to give advice even when they don't know shit about what they're talking about.

Any real insurance company won't give a fuck what tires are on your car unless they are worn out.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've never heard of anyone buying tyres online. Was it really that much cheaper to buy online versus getting a tyre shop to do the whole thing?

You're really only ordering them online, they get shipped to a shop in their network and they do the installation. Just a different supply chain.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
It's fine. Unless you're doing rally cross, you won't even notice that small of a difference. Infinitely better than driving on worn out tires. Be prepared for some static electricity shocks, though. Doesn't always happen, but do not get in and out of the car when refueling with new tires.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
What's funny is every car I've had has read a few % fast on the speedometer, even a couple mph at medium speeds, as compared to GPS. I'm convinced manufacturers do this deliberately as a safety measure. So for those concerned a slight tire size change is going to impact your odometer, better check your own speedometer accuracy.

Gunter

Banned
Mar 30, 2019
If it's only the aspect ratio that's different it's not that bad, but honestly tires are one thing I would never want to go out of spec on.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Minimal change in aspect ratio isn't going to affect much. No the insurance isn't going to give a shit unless those things are at 3/32nds or less at its lowest point for the most part.

Deleted member 36086

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Just to add, OP's car is a Nissan Versa w/ 15" rims. Those cars came with 15 - 17" rims from the factory. So it's very likely one of the OEM tire spec has an even lower aspect ratio than the "wrong" tires OP bought.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
You're really only ordering them online, they get shipped to a shop in their network and they do the installation. Just a different supply chain.

Not really. I always get them shipped to my house. Though I used to work at a dealership and would just mount and balance them myself. Now I just take the tires and wheels down to discount tire and drop them off, then pick them up whenever they're ready.

Bunny

Apr 8, 2018
I used to work at a tire shop, I've seen plenty of customers with wrong size tires show up. You should be fine but next time do the research and get the size indicated on the door placard.

malyce

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Some of you sound like you'd call out sick from work if your egg yolks weren't perfect. You'll be fine OP... speedo will probably 1-2mph off but that's about it.

B_Spooky13

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
As someone whos worked with tires for years... It should be fine. Might mess with your Speedometer. And it might wear your tires faster. But as long as its not rubbing and not a dramatic difference it'll be fine.

Normally tire shops will never go undersized and 3% oversized. But alot of shops don't care cause they want money

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not really. I always get them shipped to my house. Though I used to work at a dealership and would just mount and balance them myself. Now I just take the tires and wheels down to discount tire and drop them off, then pick them up whenever they're ready.

I was under the impression that that's how tirerack.com works.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I was under the impression that that's how tirerack.com works.

With tirerack.com you can have them shipped to a shop near you, but you can also just have them shipped to your house. Most of the big sites will do this, but I don't know if every site will. At least in the past it wasn't every site.

Even if I'm not mounting them myself, I still prefer getting the tires shipped to me, so I can drop both the wheels and tires off at a tire shop at the same time.