• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tablets in 2019?

• Yes

Votes: 52 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
It was on sale for $60 at Best Buy so I said sure, at that price I will bite and maybe later jump on an iPad Air 10.5"

Reminds me of how I have a sealed copy of Wind Waker HD but never got a Wii U

I can't afford an iPad so this was dumb

Guess I better start saving...

Are tablets good these days? I had one in 2015-2017 but sold it. I miss it a little, but my iPhone is huge and my MacBook rocks for Photoshop...

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean the iPad is great but yeah you should probably just return the pencil

And make better purchasing decisions

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Keep in mind that there are now two generations of Apple Pencil, each compatible with different models. Given the sale, I imagine you bought the first generation, which will limit your compatible iPad options going forward.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Keep in mind that there are now two generations of Apple Pencil, each compatible with different models. Given the sale, I imagine you bought the first generation, which will limit your compatible iPad options going forward.
Yeah it's first gen which works with the cheaper non-Pro models I'd be buying if I get one

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
6CaiHZj.gif

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You remind me of the coupon lady at work. Yeah, you saved all that money, but it's for stuff you don't need and will never use.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
Return it. Do you have any kind of hobbies or an occupation that would benefit from an iPad and pen? If not I would start saving and then when you get enough, decide if you still want it and purchase one then.

Dalorin

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it's first gen which works with the cheaper non-Pro models I'd be buying if I get one
First gen Pencil works with last year's 10.5" iPad Pro. Recently bought a pristine condition refurb and I love it. The lack of Touch ID on the new models is a deal breaker for me (plus, y'know, the expense).

Oct 28, 2017
I can't figure out whether you wasted your money or purchased an incentive to pursue a goal. Though given your inaction on the Wii U front, I'm thinking its the former.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
To answer the poll: yes, the iPad in particular in 2019 is a good device and if you're not a very productive person on a computer, it's a fine device to use in place of a proper laptop. I literally had 2nd-gen iPad Pro that I used for a year and a half as my only computer, but since I usually just use it to consume media and browse the web, it wasn't a huge limitation for much. The changes coming with iPadOS this fall are going to make it even better in many key ways.

It CAN do a decent job at light productivity, too, if you need to. Word processing and some of the art stuff is at a decent enough level for the average consumer, but I think you'll run into some hard limitations if you're a power user.

THAT ALL SAID, buying an Apple Pencil on sale is not enough of a justification to dedicate to such an expensive device. Take it back and refund it, and only buy one again after you actually have an iPad.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
I can't afford an iPad so this was dumb

I would say if you can't afford to buy the iPad then you should not have purchased the Pen. That is a compulsive buy and you should return it. When you can't afford stuff it is really not a good idea to buy something which then creates a situation where you start to feel obligated to spend MORE money just to use what you bought.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
Either you're really broke because you make dumbass purchase decisions, or you're really rich and don't care what you spend your money on. Which is it?

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
60 bucks for the first gen pencil isnt even a no-brainer kind of deal lol. Return it if you have no intention of getting an iPad for note taking, like, yesterday.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
This is concerning knowing how much of an Apple fanboy you are. Like I've always assumed that you had an entire line up of Apple products that you could afford.

Return it or if you determine that you legitimately have enough need for an iPad, get the $250 version (you can always resell and down the road at least recover 70% of the cost or more if decide sooner that it was a mistake).

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
You could use it to pick your nose.

Twirl it around your fingers.

Pretend you're an orchestra conductor.

Many uses.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I have through the 15th to return it. I'll sleep on it.

60 bucks for the first gen pencil isnt even a no-brained kind of deal lol. Return it if you have no intention of getting an iPad for note taking.
What's a good deal? This is the lowest I found in my research outside Black Friday

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Return it, even if you had an iPad. I bought one after purchasing a iPad Pro 10.5, and since there's mouse support in iOS 13, there is little reason to have one if you aren't taking handwritten notes (your finger will work just fine for this anyway) or doing legit graphic design. I'm just holding on to mine and not selling it so I don't feel like I took an L on the purchase.