• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
What I am looking for:
  • games that are actually made for touchscreen
  • Any genre is fine. Story driven, puzzle, etc...
  • No virtual buttons (they never work)
  • No old rpg ports (because of ^)
  • NO GATCHA. I am not investing a dime after buying the game period

Mobile games that i have enjoyed:
  • Machinarium : played it on an ipad mini years ago and loved it
  • Planst vs Zombie: to this day my favorite mobile game. It fits perfectly. Could not stand the sequel
  • Solitairica: brilliant game that mixes a beat up concept with rpg elements and roguelike to makes a fresh experience
  • Infinity Blade: such simple yet polished games. is there anything like them out there that's not just a shallow clone?
  • that's about it... Everything else felt like it could have been better on another platform.
I have played some popular ones and did not enjoy them that much like Monument Valley, Angry birds, The Room

So based on that, throw some suggestions at me.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Motorsport Manager 3 is free for a few days and it's amazing.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Her Story - interesting FMV game.
Teppen - nice blend of TCG and final fantasy's atb battle system.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
The Room series is pretty good. It's a series of "Room escape" titles, with a bunch of puzzles you manipulate on the touch screen.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Arkanoid vs Space Invaders
Ball Blast
Mr. Bullet

These are not arcade-y games that use tock controls well and don't have gacha. They do have ads and/or MTX, but they aren't that aggressive.

Cal

Oct 28, 2017
Old School RuneScape (if you need an MMO fix on the go)

Polytopia - mobile 4X strategy

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Games like Solitairica:

Void Tyrant - just like Solitairica, it's a card-based roguelike but instead of Solitaire, this game's mechanics are based on Blackjack:
void-tyrant-beta-sign-up.gif

Meteorfall:Journey - Another roguelike card based game with deck building in a similar fashion to Slay the Spire:

Card Thief - A stealth-based card crawler:
giphy.gif

OP
OP
zoodoo

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Games like Solitairica:

Void Tyrant - just like Solitairica, it's a card-based roguelike but instead of Solitaire, this game's mechanics are based on Blackjack:
void-tyrant-beta-sign-up.gif

Meteorfall:Journey - Another roguelike card based game with deck building in a similar fashion to Slay the Spire:

Card Thief - A stealth-based card crawler:
giphy.gif

Those look interesting

Oct 26, 2018
Life is strange if free. I think all ep To. It was around 0.96 gb when. I downloaded. Ppsspp is also good emulator for psp games. Soul calibur ( apk tho but I can't remember if this had controls on it).

cosmicspooks

Oct 29, 2017
Every Zach Gage game rules hard (Sage Solitaire, Really Bad Chess, Flipflop Solitaire, etc)

Also I just got and have been jamming to Arkanoid vs Space Invaders, which is...exactly what it sounds like. A mash up of the two games, and it bops!

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Night of the Full Moon - a Slay the Spire clone but with setting that suits Halloween and interesting story.
rau0ng4dcxt21.jpg

Cytus 2 - one of the best rhythm game on mobile.
cytus22.jpg

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Currently addicted to PIXEL PUZZLE COLLECTION from Konami

Yeah, it's great.
I mean, the expert mode you unlock after 100% completion can go f*** itself, but I was addicted for 2 months.

I'm also interested in spending those 50€ I earned through Google rewards so I'll be here.
Anything like Advance Wars yet?
couple years ago I was addicted to Uniwar, so addicted I had to uninstall in fact

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I know you said no gacha, and as someone who doesn't play mobile games in general, I highly recommend Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia.

The game just shits free resources at you almost weekly

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
What I am looking for:
  • games that are actually made for touchscreen
  • Any genre is fine. Story driven, puzzle, etc...
  • No virtual buttons (they never work)
  • No old rpg ports (because of ^)
  • NO GATCHA. I am not investing a dime after buying the game period

Mobile games that i have enjoyed:
  • Machinarium : played it on an ipad mini years ago and loved it
  • Planst vs Zombie: to this day my favorite mobile game. It fits perfectly. Could not stand the sequel
  • Solitairica: brilliant game that mixes a beat up concept with rpg elements and roguelike to makes a fresh experience
  • Infinity Blade: such simple yet polished games. is there anything like them out there that's not just a shallow clone?
  • that's about it... Everything else felt like it could have been better on another platform.
I have played some popular ones and did not enjoy them that much like Monument Valley, Angry birds, The Room

So based on that, throw some suggestions at me.

A Normal Lost Phone

Star Command

Slayaway Camp (works great on touchscreen and also Bluetooth keyboards)

Riptide GP (also works on Bluetooth keyboards)

Chu Chu Rocket

I know you said no virtual buttons but I strongly suggest you check out Neon Shadow and 2-Bit Cowboy. They are very playable.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
The Ace Attorney games play great on phone and have perfect adaptation for touch screen.

Just a pitty the 1st trilogy is not available for android.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I can tell you the only mobile game I'm highly anticipating (and one of the reasons why I want a current spec phone to be ready for it), Final Fantasy XI mobile remake. Its current progress is unknown. It may very well be cancelled. Hopefully we'll hear more about it at TGS.

DHOKk99UMAA6caq.jpg

IamFlying

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2019
Only play "little" games on mobile, in the vain of Tetris or 3match, but U hate microtransactions. I like the "Magic Alchemist" series (UnderTheSea and Halloween as favorites, and no microtransactions, only stuff like adfree or graphics set).

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If you like Capcom and card based games, I highly recommend Teppen. High polish, awesome art, lots of fun.

screen-11.jpg

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Million Onion Hotel: You have a 5x5 grid. Onions start growing randomly on different squares, and you tap on the onion squares to try to create bingo rows and columns, with significant bonuses for combos (eg completing both a row and column with one tap) being a big deal. You're going against a tight time limit, getting extra time from combos, and trying not to complete a row prematurely by accident.

Desert Golfing: Side-view golf with thousands and thousands of holes in a journey through a desert, where you always pick up on the hole where you left off. Very simple gameplay: The tee and the hole are both on the same 'screen', you just pull back on the ball to give it the angle and momentum, and when you get it in the hole the cup screen moves across and the hole becomes the new tee for a new hole. The strokes for the entire journey so far are displayed at the top, and for the current hole. It's a great pick-up-and-play game for relaxation.

Ridiculous Fishing: Tilting the phone, try to get your hook as far underwater as you can by dodging fish on the way down, and then hook as many fish as you can on the way up from how far you got.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Look, you are doing yourself a disservice if you miss out on enjoying Exit Fate, not only an excellent RPG with great story telling and characters, not only the greatest love letter to the legendary Suikoden series ever made, not only COMPLETELY FREE, but literally one of my favorite RPG's of all time.

it came out on PC, but since it's based on a version of RPG Maker, the person who made it managed to put it on Android as well. I highly reccomended it!

If you want an RPG that tries to really delve into the feelings and insecurities of the main characters, to the point that the gameplay isn't about killing enemies, but using emotional abilities to Empathize with them and recruit them, then Alora Fane, by Fig Hunter, is an excellent game to try as well! It has surprising depth to it's gameplay, and can feel all too real with the issues the characters struggle with throughout their journey into adulthood. It is also free to check it out, so do so!

Note, it's nothing like Undertale, so let's not start comparisons. It's an ACTUAL RPG with ACTUAL RPG mechanics that are utilized in a completely pacifist gameplay style, an amazing and unique achievement! It's worth checking out just to enjoy the gameplay!

OP
OP
zoodoo

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Look, you are doing yourself a disservice if you miss out on enjoying Exit Fate, not only an excellent RPG with great story telling and characters, not only the greatest love letter to the legendary Suikoden series ever made, not only COMPLETELY FREE, but literally one of my favorite RPG's of all time.

it came out on PC, but since it's based on a version of RPG Maker, the person who made it managed to put it on Android as well. I highly reccomended it!

If you want an RPG that tries to really delve into the feelings and insecurities of the main characters, to the point that the gameplay isn't about killing enemies, but using emotional abilities to Empathize with them and recruit them, then Alora Fane, by Fig Hunter, is an excellent game to try as well! It has surprising depth to it's gameplay, and can feel all too real with the issues the characters struggle with throughout their journey into adulthood. It is also free to check it out, so do so!

Note, it's nothing like Undertale, so let's not start comparisons. It's an ACTUAL RPG with ACTUAL RPG mechanics that are utilized in a completely pacifist gameplay style, an amazing and unique achievement! It's worth checking out just to enjoy the gameplay!
Thanks for the recomandations but I cant find Alora Fane on the playstore.

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
Kingdom Rush series. I assume the main game is free on Android, sequels are great. Nice production value and balance where there is no need to spend money. Top notch tower defense.