• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 2, 2019
So yeah... The game is dirt cheap nowadays and i'm quite a Starfox fan and hungry for a new game. Got tired of waiting for a Switch announcement and turned my head to Starlink, i've been trying to try it by any means possible but

• There's no demo on Switch
  • No demo on PC either!
  • No other means to try it on PC (As far as i could find)
  • GAME refuses to rent it because it allegedly needs the figurines (I don't believe it and wtf GAME? If it doesn't just let me switch it for another game!
So i got fed up. I need my Starfox generational dose so i decided to bite for 20 € on Amazon. So far in my circles the game seems to have quite the reputation, bit repetitive but tolerable in that regard, however i need an opinion outside of the usual Nintendo circles.

What can Era tell me about it?

NSwitch_StarlinkBattleForAtlas_05.jpg

It looks pretty, at the very least.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
It's the same as every other Ubisoft game, you collect stuff and follow map markers until the game ends. It's very, very basic but it provides some rudimentary StarFox fun.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
It is an amazing game worth of all the praise it can get!

The characters and storyline are likeable enough (not too deep of a storyline, but its ok!)

The graphics are great, performance is good too and the gameplay is reall SOLID!

Great game! This should become the official StarFox game even!

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Do the star fox missions and download the star fox dlc
A very compelling modern star fox experience imho

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The best Star Fox game in the last ten years (not counting the 3DS remake of 64) but a mediocre Ubisoft formula action game nonetheless. Enjoy!

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I enjoyed my time with it and purchased most of the ships. Kind of repetitive like most games these days, but still fun. Co op is where most of the fun happens.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Try the racing out and let me know what you think of the tracks :P

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
General advice: don't try to 100% planets until the dreadnoughts are introduced, just plow through the main missions until that point. Otherwise, you'll have to re-do some stuff later on.

Don't ignore mods and mod fusion when it becomes available, and prioritize mods that improve speed/handling/boost gauge. The core loop is more fun and feels less repetitive the faster you go.

Oh, and you can ram into stuff with your shield by holding X, then A. In dogfights, doing so when you're close enough to a fighter auto-tracks it, and the impact takes out a good amount of health and allows you to shoot them right after. Don't neglect the quick turn (down + A) either.

Last edited: