• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Sekiro's final boss is some bullshit, honestly.

If it wasn't obvious, it's bigtime spoiler territory from here on out.

First up is Genichiro, who I already bested in the early hours of Sekiro. He's not so bad, but a simple mistake or two can suck down a couple health gourds, and I'll need all my gourds to even get practice in with the next bit, which is just three more phases of a mad grandpa decked out with some of the quickest, deadliest moves in the game.

Die and you start with Genichiro again. No checkpoint, even though he's set up as a bluff. Beat him and Isshin the Sword Saint, aka Sword Grandpa, bursts out of his skin and says hello. It's a four phase boss fight and I hate it. I know. It was easy for you. Cool! I spent hours on some of Sekiro's bosses. I just don't have the time or impetus to prove I can do the sword thing well again. The blade and I get along just fine. I'm looking for a different kind of payoff from Sekiro at this point.

So after spending a few mornings trying to take the Sword Saint, Isshin Ashina, down, I figure, fuck it! Let's give that slowdown mod tool a try.
More at Link

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Thankfully this was not the guy who reviewed the game lol

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
One-punch-man-saitama-ok-decal-black_medium.jpg

people are really really salty that they just are not good enough huh ?

at least they're open about it

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah the final boss is bullshit.

He's called Sword Saint but pulls a fucking spear and a gun out of his ass.

That's what I call cheating.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah the final boss is bullshit.

He's called Sword Saint but pulls a fucking spear and a gun out of his ass.

That's what I call cheating.

it just takes a little more patience compared to other bosses, it's really not that hard if you managed to get to that point without cheating

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Good for him i guess? Not sure what we are supposed to be reacting to honestly. People do this stuff all the time with other games and I know for a fact people use trainers on the other souls games to beat it.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Yes and to pride to admit that they don't have the patience to master something like this. I can 100% say that he didn't have the same feeling as someone who beat him the legit way.

If they had more fun doing this with cheats, all the power to them. People should play games the way they want to.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Is it inconceivable that someone could be skilled enough to clear 99% of a game but lack the patience to finish the final boss?

I mean, if he played the whole game without using cheats he's supposed to be good enough to beat the final boss.
I can't believe that he played the whole game without issues and had to resort to cheats for the final boss.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would have just watched the ending on YouTube and be done with the game if I didn't feel like playing anymore.

Got more than enough other stuff to do.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I beat him after dying 15 times. And it felt goooooood.

Genichiro after the 4-5 try was a perfect battle with no hits.

The game rewards you pretty big of you take time to explore the best ways to attack and learn its patterns to party.

Take your time, don't rush. It could work much better than modding or adding an easier mode (an easy mode would just reduce it's health or damage dealt, you still would take a lot of hits and die pretty easily).

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This game got people bent out of shape and I love it. Game of the generation right here. One of my favourite games of all time. Gameplay at its absolute greatest.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
"Sekiro's final boss is some bullshit, honestly. "

No it isn't.

There's nothing bullshit about it. Everything is counterable.

People who call perfectly legitimate bosses 'bullshit' are way too upset and shouldn't be listened to

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
There doesn't seem to be much to discuss here, so the thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.