• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

abstemious

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like a good deal of the awkwardness came from being accosted by a weirdo that can't read social cues.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Psychologically interesting how/why people decide to share their asshole behavior like this. It's not even like OP was oblivious to it. He knew what he was doing was obnoxious.

I also don't know most of the time when these threads are genuine or when they are trolling for comments/reactions. For my own peace of mind I just assume the latter 90% of the time.
I assume it's mostly for attention. It's like when someone shitposts/trolls on one forum, then runs to another board to brag about it.

OP
OP
julia crawford

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Psychologically interesting how/why people decide to share their asshole behavior like this. It's not even like OP was oblivious to it. He knew what he was doing was obnoxious.

I also don't know most of the time when these threads are genuine or when they are trolling for comments/reactions. For my own peace of mind I just assume the latter 90% of the time.

I assume people are having fun with it, that's really the only reason. I also wanted to see what people thought, but i hoped people would have some fun with it.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly you did that dude a favor if he was trying to take a friend zone route to get the girl to like him. If they were just friends, then it shouldn't matter at all and everyone laughs off their drunk friend.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Someone arrest OP!

8c8.jpg

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
This would only be a big deal if you lived in a CW show. Harmless ribbing of single friends is harmless.

karl's wood

Jan 15, 2019
I have a friend who says things purely to get a rise out of people. Like they'll say something they know will piss someone off just to start a "debate" or argument.

We don't really invite that person out anymore because it's very tiring.

I imagine your friends will feel the same way eventually.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I don't get why you find this amusing. But more than that, I have no idea why they'd be so awkward about it? I've been in similar situations where I've incorrectly assumed people were dating, and...they just corrected the mistake.

Am I missing something? Your friends reaction is baffling too.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Era gonna look dumb when a year later they thank OP at their wedding.

less

Oct 25, 2017
OP, this is disappointing. You need to become a refined gentleman and refined gentleman do not pry into shit that is absolutely not their business. Probably.

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
If I was out with a friend and someone asked if we were on a date, that wouldn't even be close to awkward. Like, I wouldn't even bother to correct a stranger who just assumes me and some acquaintance are dating. Am I an anime character?

Maybe you said it a little more offensively than that?
" So I said 'I must get out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini.' "
9m0R784.png

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
So long as you don't mind being the guy who makes people roll their eyes and sigh because they hear you're going to be part of the group, there's no problem. If you don't want to be that guy, try acting like a wee bit less of a knob-end.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
That you decided to do that is a little weird.

That you decided to post about it here is weirder.

That you decided to describe it the way you did is really fucking weird.