• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
So what are the chances that the next Monster Hunter will move on to RE engine in the future. Cause dmc5 and re2 ran really well on my pc

From the latest Engine demonstration, Capcom revealed that MHW uses a heavily modified version of MT Framework, easier to work with and ready for next-gen support.

They call it simply "World" Engine, so i guess that's what we'll see used in a possible Monster Hunter World 2 as well.

Here's a peek at what it might achieve in new hardware, from the prototype version of the game they've made and admitted it wasn't possible to get it running at the time:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I've always found over the top praise of it having amazing graphics and a technical masterpiece a little strange.

Are people just looking at the cutscenes and character model? The environments look average at best, not to mention how rescued and repetitive they are after a while. It's not like there are a shit ton of enemies on screen at once either, and even on the Pro consoles the game is regularly sub 60fps during combat.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
It's a stupid good looking game. Honestly I can't believe how great it looks even at max settings with supersampled 1920x1200/60FPS.

I wish their fighting game division would use the RE engine. MVC and SFVI would look incredible!

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
It's the complete package of fluidity, animation, special effects use coming together at 60 fps even on base consoles.

And these are just some of the recent ones SunhiLegend put out. There are others that really highlight how it comes together as a full package.

Also, the game looking fantastic as well during cutscenes is not something to brush aside. That's part of the game's overall presentation. Kind of a big deal.

Here's to hoping that next-gen consoles CPU's aren't complete ass this time around, so 60 fps games can really push things without making some compromises.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Revelations could be it's own thread. How they got this

revelations3.jpg

out of the 3ds I'll never know

That is astounding. Be like running GTA on a texas instrument.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It's a linear game with static lighting and is totally unimpressive graphically outside of carefully crafted cutscenes.

BFV running at 60 fps on consoles is way more impressive IMO.

"Totally unimpressive". What other game on base PS4 as a more impressive graphic at 1080p & 60 fps?
And to be pedantic, BFV is far from 60 fps on base console. It's quite close on "premium" hardware but we are talking to a 50 - 60 fluctuant most of the time.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I don't know what game people played to say that the level art or geometry or whatever is bad or unimpressive. Clearly the scope is that of a linear game but theres a ton of stuff going on graphically with the levels (I get its prebaked)

Not just that, but Capcom clearly made the right decision to prioritize character, animation, particle effects, and enemy models. Because, that's the spectacle. That's what you're focusing on. Dwelling on how some of the backgrounds look average (depending on the level) to me is just as absurd as talking about the crowds or background models in a racing game (that runs at 60 fps).

The fact that Battlefield 5 is one of the few games people bring up that says looks better than DMC5 is telling. First off, DMC5 holds 60 fps far better than BF5 does. Second, DMC5 had a core development team of about 50-70 people. Where as BF5 probably had significantly higher development personal and budget.

Oct 25, 2017
I personally think that animation quality is the single most important element in making a game look great. Needless to say that I think most Capcom games look phenomenal.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Currently playing on a base PS4, the character models, animations, effects, are some crazy black magic shit, those capcom dudes did it.
The stages did not blow me away, but they look good, some even look gorgeous.

Devil trigger in imprinted in my mind.
Devil May Cry is back.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the complete package of fluidity, animation, special effects use coming together at 60 fps even on base consoles.

And these are just some of the recent ones SunhiLegend put out. There are others that really highlight how it comes together as a full package.

Also, the game looking fantastic as well during cutscenes is not something to brush aside. That's part of the game's overall presentation. Kind of a big deal.

Here's to hoping that next-gen consoles CPU's aren't complete ass this time around, so 60 fps games can really push things without making some compromises.

Beautiful. I see Sunhi been grinding to become a swag god too

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
RE engine is fantastic. Top notch character models no question.

But those cinematic shots of Devil May Cry V posted in this thread, look a hell of a lot better then the ho hum corridors and monster rooms throughout the actual game.