• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
the same way you sometimes dream of a bunch of strangers you've never met, with clear and distinct faces, then wake up and go "who were all those people?"

its not even vague sidescrollers and stuff. like just now, i was dreaming of a top down melee combat game. (think melee only hotline miami) i was spamming the same two abilities, because sometimes those abilities combined and created an ult. but this happened so rarely i was doing this for days to get an achievement. i can still picture the ui even.

does this happen to anyone else? its starting to freak me out. i might be playing too many games in self isolation..

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
often. it's fun, especially when you try to work out how the game would work and then type everything down despite knowing you'll never make it

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
I once dreamt of a game that was basically Rocket League, but there were buildings all around and people playing as snipers to stop the drivers from scoring.

Oct 27, 2017
I had a dream where I was playing a very realistic 3rd person dinosaur action-adventure game. It was like Jurassic Park + Commando. Badass. Next gen needs a game like that. I can imagine Kojima doing something like that with the MGSV engine.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Sweet. I keep dreaming I'm in a Resident Evil game narrowly escaping death. It's fun to say I escaped them by shooting a zombie in the mouth but kinda stressful when it happens at the moment.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
It's always sad to wake up and realize the game doesn't exist. :( My partner tells me it was probably all nonsense anyways, but it definitely felt like a fun game!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dreamed of a NieR remaster.

Then it got announced.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
I once dreamt of a game that was basically Rocket League, but there were buildings all around and people playing as snipers to stop the drivers from scoring.
That kinda sounds like Harms Way, a free racing game on the 360 where some players would have to race to the finish line while others man turrets and shoot down/impede the racers. It was pretty fun :P

Jan 11, 2018
This happens to me from time to time. Sometimes it's a game from an established IP that doesn't exist (I dreamed about Metroid Prime 4 many times long before it was announced, for example). But sometimes I'll dream about some completely new weird game like the OP.