• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Creating a troll thread with regards to the American Civil War, history of serious infractions
The game is War of Rights. War of Rights is a first person multiplayer game featuring 150 player battles with a focus on historical authenticity, teamplay and immersion. It is set during the perilous days of the American Civil War, in the Maryland Campaign of September, 1862.

As I understand it, it is a CryEngine game. Shit looks too real, man.

I thought it was my duty to report to you have immersive in-game graphics have become.

screenshot2022-01-1824pj9q.png

screenshot2022-01-182szjbb.png

screenshot2022-01-18218jz7.png

screenshot2022-01-182yzkwc.png

screenshot2022-01-1824xjfh.png

screenshot2022-01-18243jdo.png

screenshot2022-01-182glkdb.png

screenshot2022-01-182u0jly.png

Full disclosure: I have not played the game myself and considering that the setting is Union vs. Confederacy I cannot say how the online community is or acts.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Uh, nah. Looks pretty good with the image scaled down, but at full size these screenshots are really nothing special.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Patch Note: To ensure historical accuracy, all waypoint flags for Confederate forces are now white

OP
OP
Dennis8K

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here is the Steam page. It is in Early Access. And it is indeed a CryEngine game.

store.steampowered.com

War of Rights on Steam

War of Rights is a first person multiplayer game featuring massive 300 player battles with a focus on historical authenticity, teamplay and immersion. It is set during the perilous days of the American Civil War, in the Maryland Campaign of September, 1862.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Looks wholly unremarkable.

If you put Assassin's Creed 3 and Red Dead Redemption 2 on a scale of 'graphics', I'm not sure this is even much better than AC3.

Bunkem

Prophet of Truth
Aug 25, 2021
Thread title feels like it was written by an AI looking for clicks

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
"War of Rights, specifically the one to own people but Jim stop typing this we're not going to include this part in the title"

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
This game is almost 4 years old and is nowhere close to be the 'graphics king'

vpricot

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
For anyone wondering I've seen this game pop up on Tik Tok and it's probably exactly what you'd expect.

Seen multiple videos of a black guy playing the game and every video is the same joke of talking about hating black people and killing yankees and then usually another player decides he sounds black and they all sceam at him and team kill him.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
I'm confused. Not trying to be an ass, but those screenshots don't look very impressive. Also, the game itself sounds questionable.

Merc_

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 28, 2017
For anyone wondering I've seen this game pop up on Tik Tok and it's probably exactly what you'd expect.

Seen multiple videos of a black guy playing the game and every video is the same joke of talking about hating black people and killing yankees and then usually another player decides he sounds black and they all sceam at him and team kill him.
steamcommunity.com

Community Is Cancer :: War of Rights General Discussions

Legitimately the community is this game's worst enemy. I'm trying to play a game to have fun, and sometimes I may ā™„ā™„ā™„ā™„ up. However, given the game's environment and peoples' obsession with things going their way, deviating from the "norm" for even a second is enough to garner a slew of insults...

Yep, sounds like the community is what you'd expect from a game like this.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
War of Rights ?? Uhhh I am surprised this didn't get backlash sooner and got canned or had it's named change.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
From the game's steam page:

Will you heed the Union call against the traitors? Or will you fight to defend your family and livelihood with the Confederacy? You decide!

uuuuuuh

OP
OP
Dennis8K

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am sure a game like RDR2 has better animation, is technically more sound and is less janky but this looks more real to me.

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Status
Not open for further replies.