• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Had a brief stint at the Alamo Drafthouse earlier this year. They wouldn't make me a server so I got another job and no called/no showed at the Alamo. I only worked there for a couple months and didn't make much money. I don't want to talk to anyone in person. Can I just file with the W2 from my current job and pretend I didn't work here?

Slashkice

Oct 27, 2017
Uh you're basically committing tax fraud if you don't report your income. Go get your W2.

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I don't want to talk to anyone"

Uh, too bad? Call them and ask for your W2.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Ain't nobody going to remember or even cared that you no call no showed. Go be an adult and handle your business. They aren't going to yell at you

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I have no way of doing so without contacting my managers

By law, the Alamo Drafthouse has to mail you your W2 by January 31st (or provide it in some obvious way). It's not your responsibility to get W2s from your employers, it's their responsibility to get it to you.

I'd give it a week, it could be in the mail. They have to send it out by Jan 31, but... they might also send it via pony express so it could take a while.

I no called no showed

Doesn't matter, fuck 'em. They have to provide it to you by law. You could have taken a shit on your manager's shoes and your manager has to smile when he hands you the W2.

That said...

If you made very little money, you probably have no tax liability / refund from work there... and the IRS probably doesn't care.... but, w/e. It's best to do the right thing.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They may not be late. W2s are required to be postmarked by the 31st of January or the following Monday if it falls on a weekend. Wait a week for it.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter if you fucked your boss' wife, they still have to give you your W2 why are you so scared lol

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
Be a grown up, call and find out how to get ahold of payroll, call their payroll people and get your W2. They're required by law to send you one.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
Had a brief stint at the Alamo Drafthouse earlier this year. They wouldn't make me a server so I got another job and no called/no showed at the Alamo. I only worked there for a couple months and didn't make much money. I don't want to talk to anyone in person. Can I just file with the W2 from my current job and pretend I didn't work here?

sure, you can definitely do that.

Then you will get a nice letter in 6-8 months asking you to pay something if you owed it plus interest and penalties

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
sure, you can definitely do that.

Then you will get a nice letter in 6-8 months asking you to pay something if you owed it plus interest and penalties

Realistically, if OP isn't making a lot of money (working as a server at the Alamo Drafthouse...) he probably has no tax liability from that job. He may be missing out on like $10 more of a refund, and the IRS might be like "Well, good, $10 for The Wall."

Or OP will get an assessment, and he'll probably no call no show the check, and then go into arrears and be thrown into debtors prison.

borA1oi.png

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
You don't need to call the Drafthouse if it never shows. You can call the IRS later.

Status
Not open for further replies.