• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
the-office-gif.gif

The little heart on the sleeve is what makes the OG avatar for me though. It's adorable.
Yo, dope Colour Of Pomegranates avatar!

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
I used to have one I drew in paint on a few forums, would be weird to see that.

This one is from a weird artist I found years ago called Nigel Tomm. He had/has a super pretentious website full of the most generic arty art with nonsensical captions but I always kind of liked these ones, I could never figure out if the website was satire or not. I'd be surprised to see anyone else with this avatar but wouldn't feel like my identity was being stolen.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
There's somebody on here that uses the same Doctor Manhattan avatar that I use on a different forum.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
man. i sure had an existential crisis when a few years back i found out someone on facebook has almost the exact same name as i do, only with my name having a z instead of a c like she has. 90% of people EVEN ON FUCKING DOCUMENTS spelling my name with a c instead also kinda made it worse lmao. at that point i already haven't had facebook for 3 or so years? an old colleague of my mum's called her & mum mentioned having a daughter (me :3), told her my name & she right away went to look me up on facebook & was like "wow she's so pretty" & i got terrified that someone from high school was impersonating me or something lmao. turned out she was my age & had the same family name & like i said almost identical name & lived a few hours away from me. felt so fucking weird for a few days, because neither my name nor family name are common where i live or in germany in general. there's like.. 100 people with my family name tops. also found out some people from high school added her on facebook back then thinking it was me lmfao, they sure didn't think much.

i really feel that though. i tend to keep an avi for months - if not years - so whenever someone somehow chooses to use the same art on twitter or something, i usually change mine lmao. unless it's a perfect female dunmer, i will keep them until i'm sick of looking at them. similarly, i forgot who on here made my avatar when i made my hopelessly lesbian thread, but i'll cherish it forever. it's fucking adorable.

also love your current one, kinda just gives me nice warm dad vibes! ;w;

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent OP. I've been using the same Jackie avatar for like a decade now. I️ remember for awhile there was someone using it as well on here and it was a bit weird. Ended up turning off avatars and now everyone blends together

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Even though you've moved away from the Elite Beat Agents origin I still always imagine your business casual version with the head of Agent J

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I guess if someone else were to also use my avatar, I would also feel weird. I had this avatar specially created once gay marriage became legal in the US in 2015 and I've kept it ever since. It means a lot to me since it's connected to such a momentous event like that.

(That's why I never do avatar bets, by the way.)
Even though you've moved away from the Elite Beat Agents origin I still always imagine your business casual version with the head of Agent J
Ditto lol

Thank you for the good vibes!
OP
OP
Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I just want to put out a blanket post that this thread has been a lot of fun and I appreciate everyone sharing their own stories of overlapping identities and making jokes at the expense of the situation. I am enjoying the good vibes.

Also special thanks to the folks just being really nice to me when it's not even my birthday or court-ordered.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
There's someone on here who has the same avatar as me, and I personally made it myself, too. I have no clue where that other person got it from.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I just came to say the pink shirt avatar is very cute.

I demand you have a nice day.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
People don't remember names they remember avatars. I saw a poster here using this one, which I shamelessly ripped from the internet, so it's not like I can complain. But I've been using it for ~5 years now and felt like an imposter was running around. I considered changing it, but I have an odd attachment to Ori and I didn't want to let it go.

So I'll wait them out and be the last avatar standing. You can do the same Finale, be strong.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
OP, this.

ee6be876-4a25-49ee-a3akj40.png

Looks SO much better than this.

44e0807b-8519-4254-bwgkfr.jpeg

Why would you pay for that? That hand drawn style looked great.

By the way, sue them, you own the copyright on your art.

OP
OP
Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
OP, this.

ee6be876-4a25-49ee-a3akj40.png

Looks SO much better than this.

44e0807b-8519-4254-bwgkfr.jpeg

Why would you pay for that? That hand drawn style looked great.

By the way, sue them, you own the copyright on your art.

I told the artist to draw however she wanted and gave her total freedom. She drew what she drew. I didn't love it either (as I said) but she delivered what I asked for. I paid for it because she did work for me and I would never deny anyone the cost of their labor. It was a simple exchange and not her fault. I learned to be more specific with what I was looking for in subsequent commissions.

Also I am not going to sue someone for using an avatar vaguely similar to my own. :P I will however carry around a pistol loaded with one bullet just in case we ever meet.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I told the artist to draw however she wanted and gave her total freedom. She drew what she drew. I didn't love it either (as I said) but she delivered what I asked for. I paid for it because she did work for me and I would never deny anyone the cost of their labor. It was a simple exchange and not her fault. I learned to be more specific with what I was looking for in subsequent commissions.

Also I am not going to sue someone for using an avatar vaguely similar to my own. :P I will however carry around a pistol loaded with one bullet just in case we ever meet.

Yeah, that was meant more as "why did you asked someone to draw it", cause both of the first pics look great, the arm and the suit.

If you have no problem with them using that, fine I guess, but I would at least ask them to put it down, even if "vaguely similar", it's clearly based on your artwork which makes you having copyright protection on that.

Was rewatching the whole Game Theory FNAF playlist lately and one video was completely about this topic.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Someone was rocking the same Avatar as me when this place started that I had from the old place. I gave up and just went with a different one as it was strange and annoying.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Only I may be Melting Kermit, anyone else who wishes to inherit the mantle must challenge me to a trial by combat 🤼🏻‍♂️

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I love the concept of comissioning your bloody avatar. Where do you even go for that?

OP
OP
Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I love the concept of comissioning your bloody avatar. Where do you even go for that?
I see artists pop up on my twitter all the time and some of my friends are artists. When someone opens their commissions you can approach them with your idea. For one of my commissions I sought out someone who specifically seemed good at drawing clothes, but lots of artists draw people or creatures for a living. you just find one you like and pay the rate!

I really like art and have a lot of admiration for artists, so it's something I enjoy doing. Most people can probably make their own avatar without too much trouble (that's how I started) but I wanted an excuse to have something done. Plus I like to support my friends when their commissions are open.

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
My avatar is already a copy, so I don't worry too much about it. You actually see the edges of the multiples at the sides of the frame.

Oh, and don't google suit + crossed arms. But if you do, you find that the twitter user image is a stock image.

Btw is the avatar a reflecion of you? Like skin color? Jewelery, like the (wedding?) ring? Are you wearing suspenders? Do you have a head? Do you have legs? Do you have three comically large arm hairs on each arm?

You must face your doppel in one and one combat and come out whole.
Yes, I've also seen Annihilation.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I got my current one here, when Platy was practicing arts using capcom characters and made a thread for it.

Since I nominated Trucy and Platy drew her on my rec, nobody else has picked it up.

My previous avatar was borrowed from some deviantart artist and was another video game character I like, with art I liked. But since the site changed the proportions to be square, it stretched funny. Stupid decision.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I think someone else on this avatar might be using the same avatar as me, too. Really weirded me out when I first saw it.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Of course. I said as such in the OP. This is why I must conceive of another headless figure nobody else has ever thought of. Perhaps some sort of horseman...? Hmm...
Honestly, you should design a play on your current avatar. Headless as-is, but have the tie loose around the neck (maybe thrown over the shoulder; shit is about to get real), and one of the hands in the process of rolling up a sleeve (like now). Just a thought.

Feb 9, 2018
Mine is my favorite album, every time I see it it just reminds me how good music can be when emotions are genuinely expressed

81LA9tGv6aL._SL1500_.jpg

But I may be changing it to this

chevelleniratiascd.jpg

Upcoming album I am most excited for and I rarely care about new music. There just may be a time when you want to change your favorite avatar
I'm not really a Chevelle fan, but that's some totally rad cover art. Looks like something you'd see from some prog band in the 70s. I can always appreciate retro aesthetics like that.

OP
OP
Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
3 gifts from Finale Fireworker

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from Finale Fireworker Finale Fireworker!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Finale Fireworker said:
I am sure you have heard the rumors so it is time I come clean.

After an extended period of reflection and conversation with my friends and family, I have made the difficult but confident decision to become a "Wild West Guy". Unable to cultivate a unique identity in businesswear any longer, it's clear the time has come to pivot towards different clothes from a different time. I am the same me I've always been, except now with a gun belt and the implication of a pocket watch. While this may come as a surprise to some, you will be comforted to know that the new image tested very well in focus groups and executive screenings. We believe the "Wild West Guy" look will be "hot, hot, hot" for years to come.

In celebration of the new branding I am also giving away some "Wild West" themed game codes. Rest assured that these keys were acquired as cheaply as possible and I can only hope to God they actually work. I intend to skip town before the giveaways end and you will never find me - as I am an outlaw now.

Steamworld Heist: Ultimate Edition (Switch) - US eShop
Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360 / Xbox One BC) - Region Free
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC/Rockstar Games Social Club) - Should be Region Free

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (US) Nintendo Switch (US): Steamworld Heist: Ultimate Edition - Won by AstralTurfWarrior AstralTurfWarrior (30 entries)
  • Xbox One Xbox One: Red Dead Redemption 1 (XBOX 360 BC) - Won by eZipsis eZipsis (14 entries)
  • PC - Rockstar Social Club PC - Rockstar Social Club: Red Dead Redemption 2 - Won by Junior Junior (35 entries)