• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing is as wild as thinking about all the hard R horror movies getting toy lines pretty much straight through the 80's and early 90's.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I legit want to know which was your plan
Bruh, I was like 8 it was in no way rational. But the plan was to make good enough friends with the kid to be invited over frequently enough to sneak it out piece by piece until I could get it in a bookbag. Nevermind ol boy having half a battleship left in his room. He surely wouldn't notice.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
My dad got this for me for Christmas in '86. Stayed up all night assembling it so when I got up Christmas morning it was all set up and ready to go. Best Christmas ever. I wish I still had it.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Fam this right here was the BEST CHRISTMAS
567f80_0b5e8314b8d94e40a9771af1529acaa2~mv2.jpg

This thing took up so much real estate at my parents place.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Jurassic Park's Dino Damage gimmick is kinda of fucked up when you think about
8bRckx7gJ5WetiIPa3zor1NoAlwmec4YU4uOAoKYVdo.jpg

StrykerIsland

Oct 25, 2017
Be careful, once you start down this rabbit hole, it's dangerously expensive, lol. Speaking from personal experience! Rebuilding my G1 Transformers collection is costing me a bloody fortune.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
Man, I'm younger than probably all of y'all in this thread, but I still wanna get hold of Armada Unicron one day.
Unicrontoyarmada.jpg

I circled that damn thing in the catalog like every Christmas (and then did the same when the Energon version came out cuz it was the same toy just in different colors), never got either version.

Did get Energon Omega Supreme one Christmas tho, he was pretty rad. Didn't have all the gimmicks that made me want Unicron so much, but you think my child self was gonna complain that a 14 inch tall toy that turns into two vehicles AND combines with Optimus was lacking gimmicks? Dude was the fuckin BEAST of my Autobots.
EnergonOmegaSupreme_toy.jpeg

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
I had plans to make a larger version coffee table version but I was talked out of it by the women in my life. I still have plans but, uh, they're secret.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I wanted Scorponok.

L3T3seR.png

Alas.

Why don't you just get the recent, modern Scorps? It's much better than the original and will hurt your wallet less.

Hot take I had a G1 Shockwave and I think it was better then G1 Megatron

Not exactly a high bar to pass, G1 Megs is positively horrendous. :D Fortunately there's no shortage of modern, G1 styled toys, with your choice of tank or gun alt modes:

Seriously, if you were a TF fan the things they do nowadays for G1 fans are downright amazing.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I fully expect to get picked on by the wife but I'm 100% going to buy a Majin Vegeta resin figure at some point for my work desk at home.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Do it. I wanted Fortress Maximus as a kid. When I was a teenager, I saved money and ordered it by mail from Sears. The motherfuckers sent me my money back and said it was out of stock.

As an adult, I bought one. It felt great, even though I only messed around with it for a day or so, and then stuck it in a box in the garage, where it still is.

I don't regret it at all. People might say it's a waste of money, but it was cheaper than some dinners I've been roped into, and enjoyed less. Cheaper than a lot of unnecessary "grownup" things.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The only toys i find myself wanting are cool lego sets, but I know I'd build them then quickly run out of room to display them.

Immediately saps the fun out the idea.

Dec 30, 2020
As a grown-ass man who owns enough Kamen Rider belts to hold up the pants of everyone in this thread, chase your dreams, man.

Jun 10, 2018
Not a white whale per se, because we did own one, but I would love to track down an original Bop-It in near mint condition.

Just for the original voice. And to better relive some memories.

During lockdown I bought a model train set because I always wanted one as a kid but never got one. I regret absolutely nothing.
This however is my white whale and has been since I first laid eyes on the ceiling train set in Casper.

I will definitely be a grown ass man with a model train set running throughout my house constantly.

Last edited:

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Bruh, I was like 8 it was in no way rational. But the plan was to make good enough friends with the kid to be invited over frequently enough to sneak it out piece by piece until I could get it in a bookbag. Nevermind ol boy having half a battleship left in his room. He surely wouldn't notice.
I love it. This is some straight up '80s "when a plan comes together" kid shit.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
The TMNT Technodrome and Transformer's Metroplex were the highlights of my childhood. Get that plastic yo!

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Had it as a kid, as a hand me down from my cousin. It was awesome, but it took up most of a room and my mom sold it without telling us after a while because it was so freaking big.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
i grew up with all the R Rated/Horror toys but something about the JP kid centric marketing just felt... off
side note, Hook the movie had a crazy amount of toys and I couldn't figure out why. So much I kept seeing the toys in drug stores and dollar stores like 5 years after the movie

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I'm still sad I never owned a Gameboy Advance.

But they day I got the DS was magical.

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
playsets were truly wild.

I remember being a little kid and seeing stuff like this at Toys R Us and having my mind blown.

I had a neighbor whose parents would buy him this kind of stuff and it was always underwhelming to actually play with (for some reason).