• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just turned 25. I still feel like a teenager in a lot of ways.
I think the transition from feeling like a teenager to feeling like an adult is not only extremely gradual, it's almost non-existent.

We become who we're going to be toward the end of our teenage years, then spend some years grappling with it, and when we come out the other end - we're not that different, we just have a set perspective on the world that we know and understand, and that we can push our identities up against.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Happy Birthday!! I can understand where you are coming from, I certainly felt that way when I was 24. Have fun but be sure to take care of yourself as well as you can.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These are my thoughts on the matter:

I took her out, it was a Friday night
I wore cologne to get the feeling right
We started making out and she took off my pants
But then I turned on the TV
And that's about the time she walked away from me
Nobody likes you when you're twenty FOUR
And I'm still more amused by TV shows
What the hell is A.D.D.?
My friends say I should act my age
What's my age again, what's my age again?
Then later on, on the drive home
I called her mom from a pay phone
I said I was the cops
And your husband's in jail
The state looks down on sodomy

And that's about the time that bitch hung up on me
And I'm still more amused by prank phone calls
What the hell is call ID?
And that's about the time she walked away from me
And you still act like you're in freshman year
What the hell is wrong with me?
That's about the time she broke up with me
No one should take themselves so seriously
With many years ahead to fall in line
Why would you wish that on me?
I never want to act my age
What's my age again?

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Today is my 24th birthday. After a semi-good 23rd year I hope this one is better.

i still don't know how to feel about this period of my life. I feel like a kid but also an adult. I still suffer from the anxiety and depression, but I'm trying to work on it. If you've replied to any of my threads regarding my job, thank you. I am promising not to post about it anymore and rather seek professional help.

here's to a great year!
I'm 38 and I definitely still feel like a kid sometimes so don't despair about that!

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Happy Birthday! 23 - 28 is the best age, it's the middle ground where you're adult enough to do whatever you want but people will still let you off the hook for dumb stuff.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
Happy birthday and enjoy your youthful energy while you still got it. Gotta be more conscious of adulting things from now on.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
OP, want to know a secret? You never really feel like "an adult" so long as you're healthy and you dont look to long in the mirror.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Happy birthday. You have some good times ahead of you. Different strokes for different folks, but I'm enjoying my time as a father more than when I was 24, which I still liked just fine. Your life will change and you can make those positive changes.

And though I'm bald, my beard seems like it's starting to have grey hairs, I'm married and I have a kid, I still don't feel particularly mature. Everybody ages but you can stay young at heart.