• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
81Bl%2B%2B6T16L._SL1500_.jpg

8fc94b1a7635aab47a974df901d21cbe.jpg

Don't be a hater. I'm that guy. I used to love Chunkys when I was a kid.

I just ate half a container of TJ's dark chocolate raisins and they're kicking back something fierce right now.

Oct 27, 2017
raisins are fine. i guess it's mostly a texture thing with people, i love 'em. oatmeal raisin cookies also
and buttery-ass cinnamon rolls from Grandy's with raisins. so good

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I never got the hate for raisins, like, at all. Is it just 'cus people get tricked into thinking their gonna eat chocolate chip cookies?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Raisins are delicious. Oatmeal Raisin cookies are delicious. Chocolate covered raisins are delicious. Raisin bread, raisin bagels, raisin cereal. The list never ends and will never end because raisins are delicious everywhere. Always.

Some people just live sad miserable lives by choice for no good reason.

Last edited:

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Who doesn't? Is disliking raisins some sort of millennial manchild thing?

Oatmeal and raisins. Trail mix with raisins. Oatmeal raisin cookies. What's not to like?

The only scenario in which raisins objectively suck is when old people hand out little boxes of them for Halloween. Fuck that noise. You can stick your Halloween raisins the same place you can stick your cheap pencils.

Oct 27, 2017
See's Candy Dark Chocolate covered Raisins are a staple in my grandmother's house! I rarely buy them for myself because i eat the whole bag in one sitting and feel like crap all day.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
I don't like raisins in pure form but you give me dat bread or a cookie, I'm usually game.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Chocolate- or yogurt-covered raisins are the most dangerous binge snack for me. I can eat so many, but then I really hate myself later that day.

Also oatmeal raisin > chocolate chip, come at me.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I don't hate raisins but I don't think I have ever eaten something with raisins in it and thought "man I'm glad these raisins are in here"

rObit

Oct 27, 2017
Raisin bagels are unbeatable, oatmeal raisin cookies are great, Raisin Bran is an excellent cereal, raisins are good in trail mix. Raisins are alright with me.

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Who doesn't? Is disliking raisins some sort of millennial manchild thing?
Data from the National Consumer Panel (NCP), which includes around 120,000 US households, shows that over the past year, the majority of consumers in the survey that were buying Sun-Maid raisins were older generations — baby boomers and seniors — rather than millennials and Gen X.

https://www.businessinsider.com/millennials-hate-raisins-new-sun-maid-ad-campaign-2019-1

Apparently so. ☹

Last edited:

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
In Australia we classify raisins differently to the rest of the world. But I prefer Australian sultanas, which are somewhat similar to golden raisins in the US.
How do you guys feel about craisins? I'm a big fan.
I love craisins but they are super sweet. I need to eat them with something savoury to balance them

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't trust people who don't like raisins.

Something is just off about them. Like they aren't quite right.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is so brave of you, thank you for sharing this with us. Must have been hard unlike your next stool after eating all those raisins.

Thank you I'll be here all week.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
Prunes are raisins but better. Get on my level.

health-benefits-of-prunes-200-200-c20a53b.jpg

Prunes are great, but I think that they fell victim to the success of their advertising. As has been stated already in this thread, when people think of prunes they think of the laxative affect, and that they are only for the olds.

I can eat prunes by the handful, and while they can help keep you regular, I don't see how that can be seen as a negative. And the funny thing is that I don't particularly like plums.

Anybody ever try currants? They aren't really a thing in the US.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Raisins are good but you need to buy the California golden ones. Regular raisins suck.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Why is this a big deal?

And I hate to break it to you but lots of people like raisins, you're not a special little snowflake.