• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
Sersiously though, if you haven't been paying attention to the recent Gill demonstrations Capcom has been doing, he looks absolutely nuts. His combo potential alone far exceeds everyone else in the game and don't even look like standard Street Fighter combos. Just take a look at some of this, this is some anime fighter/mahvel stuff going on.

A big complaint for SFV for years now is how restrictive the combo system is, now I'm thinking SFVI is going to have these bombastic heavy hitting combos as a focus.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully not. If you think the problems people had with SFV were major, wait until everyone is juggling everyone else for 40% damage and then an oki setup where you get stunned into death if you guess wrong. Without a burst.

G already does what you're talking about, too.

Dec 20, 2018
Meh both of those were vtrigger combos: I'm willing to bet he'll feel limited without vtrigger like majority of the cast

Hope they prove me wrong though

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That just looks like regular SF5 shit to me. He has more options, and that's great, but it's nothing beyond the pale for the game. There are several characters with options like this in the game.

That being said, he looks like a super dope character. I'm constantly surprised at the quality of animation behind the new characters 4 seasons in.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, Just not in the way you think.

Less combo potential and more " every character has a system " Which is something they were messing around with somewhat in this game along with v triggers. But I can imagine everyone being their own very specific kind of thing is something that happens in sf6 as a sort of evolution of sf5's ideas

OP
OP

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
Sure, Just not in the way you think.

Less combo potential and more " every character has a system " Which is something they were messing around with somewhat in this game along with v triggers. But I can imagine everyone being their own very specific kind of thing is something that happens in sf6 as a sort of evolution of sf5's ideas
Ya know what, I'd absolutely be ok with this.

Every character has their own "groove"

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
This is sorta off topic, but looking at Gill, do you think his dick is half red and blue too

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, nobody wants him able to do all that bullshit without Vtrigger.

Eh, I'd rather balance around having all abilities all the time than having powered up shit for a portion of the match. He might not be able to do all this cool shit, but he, and every other character, would be more interesting for more time during a match.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Hopefully not. If you think the problems people had with SFV were major, wait until everyone is juggling everyone else for 40% damage and then an oki setup where you get stunned into death if you guess wrong. Without a burst.

G already does what you're talking about, too.

Wouldn't it be funny if Guilty Gear became Street Fighter and vice versa next gen? lol. But yeah, the part where there's no burst or other defensive options to get out of the bs oki would be a problem, on the other hand, does anyone remember thoss gifs during developement of SFV where Chun li had some cool aerial combos with double jumps and a spinning kick that never made it into the fnal game? I think Capcom realized that's not the direction they want for the franchise.

EDIT: found the footage, had to go deep into the old videos, lol.

Last edited:

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Those seem kinda similar to Akuma's 2nd v-trigger combos as well, no?

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those seem kinda similar to Akuma's 2nd v-trigger combos as well, no?

Not really, more juggle options, more setups, and unique moves that he doesn't have access to excecpt in Vtrig. Akuma's vtrig 2 is just cancelling moves he has access to 100% of the time into one another.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Sersiously though, if you haven't been paying attention to the recent Gill demonstrations Capcom has been doing, he looks absolutely nuts. His combo potential alone far exceeds everyone else in the game and don't even look like standard Street Fighter combos. Just take a look at some of this, this is some anime fighter/mahvel stuff going on.
Wasn't he heavily rumored as DLC for MvCI? Seems like they could have reused aspects of his design after all that DLC was cancelled.

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't he heavily rumored as DLC for MvCI? Seems like they could have reused aspects of his design after all that DLC was cancelled.
His model is very clearly made in the SF style rather than the MvC style, and his combo routes have clear integration with the V-system, which had no analogue in MvCI.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
SF6 about to be the true return of Third Strike DNA
Can we get another hip hop soundtrack, please and thanks
My people!
tumblr_ln7cj5QSmp1qzm9mdo1_540.gifv

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Not seeing anything out of the ordinary really.

Chun li had some cool aerial combos with double jumps and a spinning kick that never made it into the fnal game? I think Capcom realized that's not the direction they want for the franchise.

EDIT: found the footage, had to go deep into the old videos, lol.

That was basically just replaced with air legs. Actually does more hits now than whatever that spin kick was. V-skill, jump HP, land, jump, stompx2, HK air legs looks crazier than that in terms of juggles and hits.